•“Cocaine used to be a lot of fun . . . I had the best time of my life.You just feel more awake, more aware. Unfortunately, it doesn’t continue like that. Now I have all new habits. My day is totally different.” She is smoking ….not snorting.
• "Thanks, it’s silicone." Actresss Leighton Meester, deadpanning when told her butt looked amazing. So is Dontatella. Silicon.
•" Actually, I’d prefer to put on weight rather than lose it. I like women with curves. I want a big bum!" Cameron Diaz. Silicon valley
•"I’ve had [a] face-lift, eye job and all that stuff. It didn’t help me one bit. It didn’t get me happier or make me look particularly younger.” Kathy Griffin on plastic surgery. Made her funnier.
•“He said, ‘Oh, I like this one! Can I have a print of it?’” Carla Bruni-Sarkozy in the interview with Vanity Fair when Bruni-Sarkozy told of showing her husband, early in their relationship, nude photos from her modeling days, to prepare him for any publicity storm ahead. Silicone City
•"Myself." - Karl Lagerfeld when asked which Charity Cause he supports most for Vanity Fair
•"Something I do find quite annoying is when there’s a photo with Aggy ( model Agyness Deyn) and the band, quite often they’ll just focus on her and chop our heads off ." Antony Ellis of Five O’Clock Heroes….. Can I have a print of that?
•“I much prefer glasses: they’re my portable eye shadow. I hate it when people can look me in the eye.” Karl Lagerfeld, in Numero.
•"I didn’t stand a chance, did I? I mean, I was standing next to a supermodel. I thought that whatever I wore didn’t matter. With all due respect to myself, I knew that day I couldn’t win." UK First lady Sarah Brown’ on Carla Bruni visit to London. You can’t win against Silicon
•“Cocaine used to be a lot of fun . . . I had the best time of my life.You just feel more awake, more aware. Unfortunately, it doesn’t continue like that. Now I have all new habits. My day is totally different.” She is smoking ….not snorting.
What: Black patent peep toe shoe boots.
Why: Because they are hot. Because this sort of shoe boot can go from winter into summer without a blink (or a trip). Because patent is still a big trend for summer and next winter. Because you can actually walk in them. Because shoes are a great way to add a little Va Va Voom to your wardrobe without spending a fortune. Because $168 is a lot less than $868. Because in all probability it won’t rain. And your tootsies won’t get wet.
Wear: With a pretty flirty, full skirt with black opaques or bare legs. With a pencil skirt, with a mini skirt, or with a floral dress. Wear with short shorts, a little black dress or your new YSL mid length skirt. Do not under any circumstance wear under your jeans.
Where: $168 from Mollini.
Sometimes an item du jour is not about something you want to buy right now. Sometimes an item du jour is about a trend, a feeling, an alert to what’s coming.. It’s important for FiFI Report subscribers to know what’s happening. To keep their manicured fingers on the pulse. To have a mascara-ed eye out to what’s hot. To know what’s happening in the Zietgeist. If you know what’s coming you can invest early. You can can get serious mileage from your wardrobe. You can smile smugly knowing you will have seasons of wear from a trend that’s just about to peak. Who wants to waste money on trends about to disappear over the horizon? Which is why you need to know about the longer length. It’s quietly appearing on the runways. Like pointy toe stilettos and shoulder pads. From Marc Jacobs, to YSL and Halston. It’s new , it’s a little 70’s, it’s a length we haven’t seen in years. It’s a length that suddenly looks right. It’s lurking. They say when hemlines go up the stock market goes up and when skirt lengths go down….You have been warned.
It was meant to be. I was shopping with my First best friend. We headed straight to Mecca Cosmetica. We whipped ourselves into a frenzy trying all the new lotions and potions. We suddenly looked younger. Is there anything better than a girly day playing with makeup? Seems Mecca has the same idea: In August “You can bring in your bestest of friends for a quick sticks makeup lesson with a Mecca makeup Artist. Together you can learn some of the top tricks of the trade to do your makeup and get ready in a flash.” Bookings are a must (It’s available till 24 August). Sounds like fun. We all know your best friend will tell you when you look fabulous and when you don’t…. Mecca Cosmetica.
• ‘Vanity Fair has Carla Bruni on the cover of its September Style issue shot by Annie Leibovitz at the Elysée Palace and accompanied with a cover line, “The New Jackie O?” Perhaps the question mark is due to the fact that commentators love to anoint another political wife as the new Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis — Michelle Obama, who, like Bruni-Sarkozy, was named to the International Best-Dressed List, also in the September issue. (Obama, dubbed “our commander in sheath” by the magazine, is already in her second year on the list; Bruni-Sarkozy is a first-timer’ …reports WWD.. VanityFair.com
• ‘Soon even common mortals will become more intimate with Valentino through the documentary, “Valentino: The Last Emperor,” which premieres Aug. 28 in Venice. A crowd of 600 is expected to attend the screening in Venice’s landmark theater, La Fenice, followed by a dinner for the designer hosted by Italian Vogue’s Franca Sozzani and Luca Dini, editor in chief of Italian Vanity Fair’..reports wwd
• ‘Is the world ready this fall for three different fashion reality shows all based on the business of styling? It all starts on September 8, when Bravo ( in the US) debuts "The Rachel Zoe Project." The super-thin super-stylist gets her own series. Next up, the CW’s "Stylista," produced by Tyra Banks, stars Elle Magazine’s Fashion News Director Anne Slowey as the devil you don’t know - yet - making would-be fashion assistants at Elle go through their paces. MTV also has a stylist competition of sorts: "The Stylist," more "Apprentice"-like than the rest - should debut in November, and features real stylists to the stars auditioning assistant stylists on real shoots. Will they forget the jewelry? Will they pull the wrong color? Clearly, you’ll have three viewing options to find out” Reports portfolio.com/fashion inc
• A chic Melbourne girl in New York exposes her bag to Fashionista… Fashionista
• “Alhough Nina Garcia serves as editor at large at Elle through season five of “Project Runway,” it seems she’s already getting a head start on her fashion director duties at Marie Claire. Her new gig officially begins Sept. 2, but sources close to the magazine say Garcia has already moved into her office, the former digs of Tracy Taylor, who was dismissed in May to make way for Garcia. The “Project Runway” judge also is said to be conducting “run-throughs” for fashion shoots for the January issue. Sources said Garcia’s requests for high-end designer wares to be featured in fashion spreads can at times be at odds with Marie Claire’s more mass-market sensibilities.’ Reports WWD
•“Fashion Rocks, Condé Nast’s annual September ode to the fusion between fashion and music has shots of André "3000" and Sasha Pivovarova with Dhani Harrison, son of Beatle George Harrison’ ..Reports fashionista (see below)
•‘Fashion journalists have concluded that Marc Jacobs did not get married this weekend. Except maybe he did. We can say with some confidence, however, that Peter Som is not getting married. But he IS staying at Bill Blass, at least for now’…reports style.com
• "Given that it’s coming from one of the fashion industry’s visionaries, it’s not that surprising that the launch of Tom Ford’s newest fragrance is as much about the advertising image as it is about perfume itself. White Patchouli, which is a modern twist on the classic bohemian (read: dirty hippie) ingredient, will be available in September, along with a series of black-and-white photo ads—produced by Ford, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, and starring… Erykah Badu." reports style.com (see above)
• "The August 2008 issue of Vogue Paris is dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent, and likewise, the editors at Vogue Italia had their own August 2008 YSL tribute in mind. The follow up to the hugely successful July "Black Issue" features Karen Elson, Linda Evangelista, Guinevere van Seenus, and Iris Strubegger in a funereal Steven Meisel cover story, "Silent." In one picture, a huge headstone features the name "Black," strangely implying that "black is dead."reports…. Fashionologie.com
• "Robert Redford is expected for a poetry reading at the sixth edition of the Tuscan Sun Festival in Cortona, Tuscany, on Aug. 8. A performance by the Bolshoi Ballet, and music by Natasha Paremski, Joshua Bell and José Cura are some of the top draws to the festival — in addition to art exhibitions, movie screenings, wine and olive oil tastings and cooking lessons’…reports WWD.. FestivalDelSole.com
• "Twenty years without a divorce is reason for celebration. The International Herald Tribune plans to host a party during Paris Fashion Week to honor Suzy Menkes’ two decades as fashion editor at the Paris-based newspaper. Iconic pages from Menkes’ career at the IHT will be blown up and exhibited at the celebration on Sept. 27 at the Palais Galliera. The oversized pages will remain on exhibit during the duration of Paris Fashion Week’….reports WWD
• Check out Linda Evangelista in the Fall 2008 Prada campaign…
• Love the new Lanvin Fall 2008 campaign, with Liya Kebede and Raquel Zimmermann (See below)
Hilarious! Listen to Bill Cunningham on the street in New York talking about shoes….so funny and sweet.
" Hotels for Global Nomads…. If you’re tired of the predictability of brand-name chain hotels, then, well, you’re like us. Essentially, we choose with total independence so that you don’t have to. We wade through tens of thousands of hotels and we bring you a tightly edited selection. No hotel can become a Tablet Hotel before being subjected to our rigorous review process, nor can they buy their way in, and free rooms do not work either. There is no fee for hotels to be featured in Tablet Hotels. Each is anonymously visited by someone in our network of travel experts."
• SJP and mathew Broderick have been in public for the first time since the rumours of an affair. Matty Cakes has been a bad boy.
•‘Heather Mills, the gold-digging ex-wife of Paul McCartney, is a bitch to work for. After four years, her publicist Michelle Elyzabeth quit working for her. “ so I can say whatever I want about her and nobody will refute my claims. I don’t want to get too carried away though. Better start off small… Heather Mills’ leg planned 9/11” says thesuperficial
•Lance Armstrong and Kate Hudson are dunzo.
•Amy Winehouse is hospitalized again, she had a ‘reaction’ to her medication (Read: Crack + Methadone do not a good sandwich make.) says thesuperficial
•John mayer had his hair cut. This is called news.
•Britney went to mexico for a holiday. Forgot to pack undies. Again.
•Naomi Watts is beginning to show another ever-growing baby bump.A new one.
•Brad and Angelina have asked Bono to be the godfather of their newborn twins, Leon and Vivienne Marcheline.
•Naomi Campbell’s got a new man: Russian real estate billionaire Vladisav Voronin. Sounds like medication
•Lindsay Lohan is recovering after she was hit by a motorcyclist in New York on Saturday. They must have seen her latest movie
•Javier Bardem is going to propose to girlfriend Penelope Cruz soon. He told the papers first…
•“In case you are in a bubble, a major seismic event (a.k.a. a freaking 5.8. earthquake) was felt from Los Angeles to San Diego yesterday. There were no major injuries. No major injuries which means Heidi and Spencer are still alive. Dammit” says thesuperficial
•Jerry O’Connell and his wife Rebecca Romijn are expecting twins. Did they earth move for you too?
Supermarket Supermodel….. by Jim Cartwright
‘Linda works the tills at Safeshop. It’s just what you do, what everybody does. But when model agent Rafe brings his disposable razors to Linda’s till, he recognises the raw talent that could transform both their careers. Almost overnight Linda becomes Crystalline, a supermodel catapulted on to the international stage. But in the blur of first class flights and flashy restaurants that follow, will she begin to forget where Crystalline ends and Linda begins? The bittersweet story of a young checkout girl’s rise to fame, Supermarket Supermodel is prize-winning playwright Jim Cartwright’s first foray into novel-writing. Bearing the hallmarks of his best-loved plays, The Rise and Fall of Little Voice and Road, this rollicking debut takes you on an intoxicating journey, brimming with life, heartbreak and humour.’
$35 www.amazon.com Publisher: Doubleday (14 Jul 2008)
The Christmas List
Influence ……….by Mary Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen
‘Ashley and Mary-Kate take readers on a journey through their celebrated young lives, pausing to reflect on what has helped shape them into who they are today.Filled with never-before-seen photographs from Ashley and Mary-Kate’s private collections, pages of original material by Ashley and Mary-Kate, and interviews with some of the most influential tastemakers in the world. Internationally famous photographer Rankin shot the cover image and many interior shots. The book is designed by renowned book-designer Rodrigo Corral and edited by fashion and arts writer Derek Blasberg.
Influence has 4 major sections: Fashion, Environment, Art and Giving Back, as well as an introduction and conclusion.” Interesting!
$23 www.amazon.com Publisher: Razorbill (October 28, 2008)
Best buys this week….
•Check out the cute navy and white stripe ‘ticking’ stripe cotton blazer now reduced to $69..Wear with jeans and red shoes. Wear with a mini skirt or shorts. Wear over a white Tee or over a pretty floral dress.
• Love the stone cotton DB trench 3⁄4 length, at $149 it’s a classic: everyone needs a trench. Or two or three. In stone or black.
• Buy the black crop, almost bolero style cotton jacket. Just covers the boobs. If your name is not Dolly Parton. Wear with a high waist skirt. Wear with a long sweater and a flirty skirt. Wear with jeans. $99
• Check out the black sequin knit crop cardi: it’s a handy little number that you can throw nonchalantly over a knit tee. Please forget that passé idea of not being able to wear sequins during the day. Mix it Up. Just keep the jewels minimal. ( ditch the Tiara)
• Please buy the gorgeous caramel taupe-almost mustard-leather biker jacket: it’s collarless with dark brass zips; $299. It looks fab over a white tee and a black full skirt. This colour will break up all the black in your wardrobe. A biker jacket is still hot. Wear over a pretty dress. It’s about mixing the tough and the feminine. Or you will look a little like Lindsay Lohan’s girlfriend. For some people this is a good thing. bless
• Love the basic cap sleeve round neck Tees in black, cream grey marleT shirts $19
• You want the Shirt dress in black or taupe cotton , chic with front buttons, a full skirt and short sleeves and epaulettes. It has its own stretch wide belt which you can replace with your Prada one. $99
A lot of new styles have arrived in store…..
• Buy the round toe classic pumps with a double buckle on the toe and a square chunky heel. It has a few studs but it’s not too punk…in black cream or choc. The classic pump is back. You could walk in these and not be in the least amount of pain.
• Love the Balenciaga style high front black heeled sandals with 3 side silver buckles and a skinnier heel with an ankle strap $159. It’s all you want for the season. Wear with black opaques, wear with a pretty dress, wear with a minimalist pencil skirt. These shoes will transform your wardrobe from drab to fab.
• The black or cream sandals with 2 wide buckled strap across the toe and a chunky heel. It’s all about tough shoes this season. $149.
• The moccasin style flats are a nice change to ballet flats $129; wear for those casual weekends away and when you need to walk great distances. No socks please.
There are some great classics here. Not boring classics but I-need-them-now classics…
• Invest in the red and white stripe long sleeve, round neck Tee $59.95 (As seen with FiFi on The Morning Show on WhatsWhat.com.au)
• Check out the cute red patent clutch bag with silver details: all you need $49. A red bag can add a jolt of colour without having to think too much.
• The navy and white stripe tank is simple and chic. It’s a great piece to throw under a jacket or under a peacoat with jeans $49. Who said you had to dress like Paris Hilton to look great? Not moi.
• Buy the black scoop neck dress in a Tee shirt fabric: Don’t be afraid to mix fabrics and wear with black opaques, and under a winter coat. This is a great buy if you are hopping a plane to jet off to St Tropez..
• Check out the black Tee shirt with cute little chiffon puff sleeves: it’s a newer version of a T shirt. I suggest you wait till you are somewhere warmer; you don’t want to squash those cute puff sleeves under a jacket. They might cry. Also in white.
• Love the long, grey cardigan with a long V neck and front pockets and black buttons. Very Prada. Wear over a floral dress and belt in with a brown thick belt. Add chunky Gladiator shoe boots and you’ve got the look of the season $79
• Buy the fabulous dark, dark denim strapless dress with a tulip skirt. It’s very short so just for those who have legs they want to show off. $129. Wear over a white tee, or even a long sleeve top. That’s right over the dress. It’s very Prada (2 seasons ago; in a good way). Wear with big chunky shoes. In a colour.
• Love the very Chanel inspired black patent quilted bag with a brass chain strap $89. A chain strap handbags are the denier Cri. But you knew that.
The shoes are looking fabulous here. Best buys are…
• The serious platform sling backs with a peep toe and a thick caramel wood sole and heel. Very chunky, very 70’s: go for the taupe or black leather platform.
• The Black gladiators with a triangle stacked heel, very YSL (or was it Givenchy?) in a snake skin. The heel looks comfortable enough to trot around shopping for an hour or two. Without a grimace. How thoughtful $128
• Love the orange cross over Dior esque shoes with a stacked heel about $168.
• You want the orange or black patent peep toe wedges; very similar to the Nine West version of the Prada ( which I wore to death 2 years ago. ) They are still so right. I might just buy them again. When you find a look that works…
• Love, love the flat Marni style black sandals with 2 wide straps; one which is black patent $128. fabulous
• Some of you will appreciate the patent pointy toe lace up shoe boots: very Agyness Deyn, Very Hermes. About $148
So many new pieces in this week….You want:
• The very Dolce Gabbana (see left) red floral fifties style satin dress with a black sheer overlay. Sleeveless with a full skirt it’s so pretty with the black tuile sitting over the top of the dress like a netting. It’s also in a gorgeous green/bronze satin print if you don’t want to do a bright colour. Wear with black opques. I repeat wear with black opaques and heavy shoes. I repeat…$342
• The black chiffon,French maid dress with a crème peter pan collar. It’s very 40’s style with small cap sleeves and pleat front $275 . French maids were all over the runway for next season. Very FiFi.
• Buy the navy satin sheath dress with a black tulle overlay skimming like net over the dress $195. Tres chic. Wear with ( you know what. I repeat.)
• Love the white peacoat with big black buttons $$, very YSL…. Wear when playing with dirty puppies, children or painting the house..
• The black drawstring drape sheath dress with a satin waist band …about $200.
• Love the navy satin fifties skirt with a cover of sheer black netting $275…( as seen with FiFi on The Morning Show)it’s gorgeous!
• Also love the classic knits here: great quality. And the belts are cool too.
Great new pieces here and perfect for trans seasonal dressing . Check out the
• The very 50’s style sleeveless dress with a full skirt and its own elastic belt: You want it in grey. Layer it over a knit until the sun shines Also in a very Marni style mustard and cream linen painterly check …$315
• The navy and white swirl print chiffon top with a drawstring neckline and a drape front $149. A little light and sheer but so nice under a dark blazer or a tailored jacket.
• Buy the bronze matte Tee with a slight shimmer. Don’t be scared it’s not gold coast more Marni/Jil Sander ..it’s has wide boat neck and short double layer detail on the sleeves $125. It will perk up any wardrobe.
• The cream chiffon/silk/nylon floaty Tee which is loose and looks so easy to wear. It has an unusual chic drape thing happening on the neckline and short sleeves $149. you know what they say about white next to the face?? You need this …
A lot of fab new pieces in store…you want:
• The black chiffon layered, ruffled sleeveless tank $129. What’s great about this tank? It has a high round neck. It’s not a horrid scoop but sits just where a classic Tee sits. So flattering on the neckline. Wear now under your trench, with a chic cardigan, under a jacket, with jeans and heels out at night. Then when it gets warmer you can show those bare arms. Also in cream. The jacket not the arms
• Check out the heavy wool knit dress (same fabric as the jackets and skirts they have had in last season) with buttons all the way down the front. It’s sleeveless with pockets at the front. It’s called a pocket detail dress $199. Don’t be scared the knit is not a clinging-to-cellulite knit but a heavy knit that should skim. Layer this over a tee for extra warmth then take it straight into summer.
• Love the high waist blue or black denim jeans with a flared leg, and front pockets $129. I have told you about these. They are a great cut for any age and any shape. I should know.
• Buy the black A-line textured skirt. It has a flat front and a high waist so it’s really flattering. Makes those legs look long. The A line means it skims over all those almond croissants sitting on our thighs. This is a great buy: the trans-seasonal fabric will take through to summer, you can wear now casually with shoe boots and a cardigan, or trench. Head out at night under a chic peacoat and heels. $149
• Buy the fabulous red platform heels sandals ( also in caramel brown) with a plaited front, ankle strap and a skinny heel $179. You could sit for hours just looking at your feet…
Bags and shoes galore! The new season has hit the stores
• You want the zip front shoes in cream or croc ( as seen in all the ads. As seen here). A little platform gladiator with multi straps ending at the ankle, a centre zip with a high stiletto heel about $800. Delicious with no calories.
• Buy the divine ‘Lola’ over sized bag in patent about $2400
• Love the Black patent new heels very gladiator…..about $800
• Drool over the Ramoma bags in a red/burgundy patent: Pretty full on. This is what you call a statement bag…for you $2800
• Buy the slouchy fringed bag with studs, very hippy chic in brown suede about $1800
• You must have the small red or black patent clutch with studs and a zip… just $550
• Check out the shelves of sale items: buy the small black shoulder bag with double zips and a gold chain strap about $1800, the long boots and the flats. Yes flats. Correct. Jimmy Choo does flats.
The new season has arrived in store. We would like to move in and stay for a couple of months…
• Love the chic slightly gold knit tunic with a deep V neck $800. it’s short and sexy.
• Buy the Navy Grecian drape wrap and tie dress $3500. it’s gorgeous.
•Adore the black sheer trapeze short dress with full bell sleeves and around drape neckline, very 60’s. It’s too, too, too divine. Wear withthe mink collar. The price? Don’t ask. It’s that or a small car.
• Love the pointy toe shoe boots in black patent with lace up $820. You know how to wear these.
• Love the suede short boots with a round toe and a front slit …about $1000.
• Want the suede boots with crazy fuzzy fur lining that spills over the top $$$…amazing
• Buy the classic cream drape silk tank $655. stealth wealth
•Drool over the black leather jacket with gold buttons , a little Chanellooking dare I say? You don’t need that beach house. $$$
• Wrap up in the only blanket a Fashionista can be seen in: The ‘H’ blanket in black about $800. Carrie did.
• Buy the pretty slinky purple silk drape front top $865. Purple is a big colour for the season and looks great with black.
•Drool over the grey wool, Melton skirt with a straight front and adrape flirty full skirt at the back ….understated and yet quirky.Minimalist chic .
All new gorgeous collection has arrived instore for summer…
• Love the navy sleeveless jacket (as seen in all the summer Hugo Boss ads with Catherine McNeil - see left)…it’s single breasted and short. As you all know the sleeveless jacket is the HOT item for summer $850. Wear over a Tee or a sweater . Wear over a pencil skirt or with skinny black pants.
• The dark navy leather bomber jacket is so divine. Need we say more? It’s as soft as butter with no fat. $2400
• Invest in the brown chiffon sleeveless tank is chic with a few pleats on the front $249. It’s all you need to throw under a trouser suit.
• Love the grey sleeveless sheath dress: it’s minimal, it’s chic, it’s all about the dress for summer. Toughen it up with tough shoes and a wide belt. $749
• Checkout the cool dark denim tulip skirt; it’s something you will love to wear. I know you will. It’s great with a jacket and heels but perfect as well with a knit and short boots. This is a great buy. About $300.
• You should check out the cute small patent grey or black bag about $800. I would like to see it in a bigger size.
• Adore the navy shirt dress with puff sleeves and a full skirt: so wearable and understated it has it’s own belt $1088. See photo
• If you are still after a brown leather bomber jacket and you want quality it’s here…$2000.
• The best news? There is still a rack on sale
Dries! Marni! Lanvin! Donna karan…it’s all divine. Tell the driver to turn around and double park
Spiced chicken with couscous stuffing…adulterated from Madison Magazine
You need for 20 models, 10 fashion editors or 4 hungry, happy dags.
1 medium size Free range chicken
½ cup couscous
¼ cup dried figs,
2 tabs slivered or almonds
3 to 4 clove garlics
2 tabs chopped coriander
1 tsp orange zest
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup water
Sea salt and pepper
2 tabsp olive oil
Coriander leaves for accessorizing
Vegetable for roasting such as carrots, parsnips, potatoes,
* cooking twine for tying up the chook
1 teasp cayenne pepper
1 teasp ground cinnamon
1 teasp ground cumin
1 teasp fine salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
• Throw off white Balenciaga leather jacket and dress.
• Climb out of Prada heels.
• Check there are no long lenses and paparazzi lurking outside.
• Climb into Target trackie dacks and ugg boots.
• Pour a huge glass of wine. Gulp down.
• Find the garlic and chop as small as Jessica Simpson brain.
• Find figs and chop into the size of the hardware on a Prada bag.
• Find the almonds and toast them on the stove. ( not in the toaster)
• Zest the orange. Watch the nails.
• Juice the orange.
• Now find a bowl and throw in the dry couscous, the orange zest and juice, garlic, coriander and figs,
• Add the water and give it a swirl so the water soaks up the couscous.
• Set aside while you whip up the spice mix to smother over the chicken.
• Mix up the cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and salt in a cup.
• Pour and gulp down more wine. This is thirsty business.
• Grab the chicken, and without thinking too deeply about it spoon the couscous mix in its empty little cavity.
• Stuff in as much as you can ..the couscous stuffing is delicious. Make more if you have to
• Now this is the tricky bit; Rummage around in the kitchen for some cooking twine.
• Cross the legs over (the chicken, not yours) and tie them up securely so the couscous doesn’t spill out in the oven. It won’t feel a thing I promise.
• Now after all that hard work pat the chicken. Pat it dry with a paper towel and then sprinkle over about half of spice mix
• Cut up whatever vegetables you have and throw in a baking dish ( big enough for the chicken too)
• Sprinkle with the rest of the spice mix and a lovely dollop of olive oil.
• Throw the chicken on top of the vegetables and drizzle more olive oil for good moisterisation.
• Roast the chicken for about 40 to 50 mins then let it rest for about 10 min. It must be exhausted
• Then carve it up and accessorise with lots of pretty green coriander ( and salt and pepper)
• Eat and drink up the delicious compliments.