SALES are everywhere this week:
Country Road, Morrissey, Saba, French Connection, Hugo Boss…
•Congratulations! Sportsgirl has Won “The best item I have seen all week award” (apart from Prada). The winning item? The extremely high platform black leather lace-up booties $139 (pictured left). You have to look twice to check they are not Balenciaga . It’s LOVE. They are part of a new range here called ‘Minty meets Munt’. Who is Minty? More to the point who is Munt? They are a small label in Surry Hills.
•Also part of the MMM range is a very 20’s cocoon shaped jacquard coat with one black button at the top neck. $119. Chic.
•Love the beaded skinny scarves in black or silver or gold. Any colour is good. The size of a men’s tie… very Sienna and Olsen. $39
• Buy the cropped black leather vest . Also in green, blue. $39. Vests are still hanging in there for another season.
• Adore the silver beaded necklace. Short with millions of looped lengths of silver beads. Very elaborate. $59.
• Throw the tie dye white to blue ombre scarf around your neck and channel a little Prada, a little Boho. $29
This little gem is the ultimate Cheap but sometimes Chic Shop. You just need an eye to find the pieces. Which is why you have The FiFi Report. Check out…
• The Black puffa vest with a hood. The fabric seems luxurious but the price is not $24. How can this be? Is it legal? Add a belt to the waist and this could be Burberry. At $2000 less. Bless.
• The chicest of chic dresses is here: a woven poly/cotton black round neck knee length dress with a self belt. The feature is an overturned 1960’s collar in the same black fabric. $34.
• The Burberry inspired tartan print scarves $9. Not a typo…. This is the correct price.
• Love the fleecy grey marl jumper with a hood filled with faux fur. Gorgeous $29.
• The very Miu Miu black vertical panel tote with a round leather handle $49. Snazzy.
•There is an amazing jacket here in a black polyester/wool mix with belt and buttoned front. $59. Buy all these pieces and you have spent less than you would on French Vogue.
Best buys here are…
• The cotton/spandex bodysuits (similar to American Apparels) in black. Great to layer under jeans and jackets $30
• The amazing Balenciaga inspired black fleecy jodhpur pants with zips at the waist and tight at the bottom leg with zips in ankles. Look Luxe whilst lounging. $35. You could wear jodhpurs riding or you could wear jodhpurs and trot around (not on a horse).
• The wet look spandex black bomber jacket….a great cut. Wear this with jeans or with a pencil skirt and killer heels. Not sure if wet look means waterproof. It may melt in the rain. $75.
• Love the long fleecy oversized sweater dress. It has a deep v-neck so instead of flashing that cleavage it would be idea to wear a bodysuit underneath. Please don’t frown: this dress is not lumpy or bumpy. You will not look like a Michelin man. Wear with black wool hosiery. (see Kmart below).
• A Black pretty blouse with white stars and waist tie. $40. Wear it with black skinny jeans and red lipstick. Think the Olsen twins in Chanel.
There are some great buys here if you can bear the bright lights…( wear sunglasses)
• Buy the cream faux fur vest. A little boho, a little 70’s wear it with classic brown tweed pants and a cream poloneck so you don’t look like a hippy. Unless you are. Then Peace Man. $35.
•The thick Khaki duffle jacket with a fur hood is great for when you are a lazy slut lying around the house. $55.
• Love the black patent ballet flats. $19. How can shoes be $19? It’s outrageous. Wear them once and they are worth it.
• Buy the black 100% wool opaque stockings….$9. It’s all about black opaques this winter: Wear with dresses & open toe shoes.
Great for classics at a price….
• If you have not bought a blazer this winter you are very naughty. How many times do I have to tell you that tailoring is coming back? So start wearing a blazer now at the beginning of the trend and get seasons - and I mean seasons- of wear. Please buy the Esprit black thick cotton blazer $149 with a narrow cut and a two button front. it’s a great trans-seasonal piece too.
•A new fabulous patent cement-grey bag here. It is tres large with three pockets on the front and two thick patent handles. Also in black $99. Once it’s out of the store it will look a million dollars.
• Buy the dark blue jeans with a high-rise and a wider leg. Flattering cut. $99.
• Love the black, white and grey Missoni-esque print empire knit dress. I had to blink twice to check I was still in Esprit and not Missoni. Bless $79.
• Love the fabulous Stone or grey chino pants here. They have their very own chocolate belt and are very Safari. $89…Wear with the blazer, a white shirt and serious gladiator platforms. Balenciaga eat your heart out.
Have a divine dark, dark grey long Alpaca scarf with a fringe…divine $175. A must buy. Longchamps:
I adore this store and all the gorgeous bags and wallets. Love theblack patent collection: there are a couple of sizes in the double zipKate Moss bag and a divine black, oversized pochette clutch with goldzips and a Longchamps stamp on the front. Very Jimmy Choo looking.
Lovethe navy velvet blazer $299 and the black or stone double breastedtrenchcoats (the perfect knee length) and the knits here are great here too.$379
Max and Co:
More winter clothes have arrived in this week. Just in time for the cold weather. How thoughtful.
• You will absolutely love the ‘cashew’ colour, long faux fur, knee length coat with a chocolate leather waist belt. Understated luxe. $1,190.
• Buy the black poly-mix short skirt with discreet frills. They are very sneaky those frills as they sit flat on the skirt. They are very happy to add texture instead of flounce. I am not keen on flounce. $390. chic.
• Adore the sleeveless tank top in black with matt rhinestones covering the entire front. Remember it’s about evening pieces in day and mixing it up. Wear with jeans or wear out at night with a tuxedo jacket. And trousers too of course. And undies. And George Clooney $230. Not in that order.
• Buy the red brown leather tailored jacket with roughed edges at the cuffs and hem. It’s so chic and the cut is flattering and pinched in at the waist. Amazing $895.
•The black patent medium sized tote is made of the softest leather and has two thick straps with zips at the front. Perfect casual chic everyday bag. Don’t worry black patent is still happening next season.
Scanlan and Theodore
There are so many absolutely divine things here that you simply can not pick favourites. And neither can I. The most magnificent are..
• The salt and pepper cropped jacquard wool jacket that is very loose fitting with wide arms and wide cut. It has a lapin fur collar. (hint: Think George Clooney’s hair ) $550. You can buy it in a green version too. Beautiful.
• A gorgeous silver and black lame long singlet top. The fabric is busy so the cut is left simple . $500. You will sob over this.
• Check out the Georgina Goodman heels. Love the black and white heels or the animal print pumps. Of course you can always revert to your usual favourites: Christian Louboutin. All shoes here are gorgeous;you want to smooch everything.
• The blue, green pink handpainted silk peasant top is perfect for your trip for Ibiza. Transparent, light and floatey you should also buy one for Jade before you go. She will love it. $700
• The over the top Egyptian gold pyramid necklace. Visualise Cleopatra’s plated necklace and you have it. You should also buy the gold pyramid ring so then you have the set. Wear with simple black or you will look like Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter Carrington Colby. Circa 1984.
•Love the gorgeous black lace dress with a high neck, short sleeves and is straight through to the knee. So very Prada Winter 09 collection $990.
• Remember the blue high waist jeans with the wide pant so often written and drooled about here at The FiFi Report? They are now on sale. You do not have to dream about being twiggy any more $230.
•The jean’s best friend - the short- is also on sale. High waisted and in the same blue denim as the jeans they are now $210. Wear them with black opaques. And don’t worry about shaving your legs.
You want to buyevery single divine piece in this store. It’s all gorgeous. Simple. Inbeautiful fabrics. Cut with a strong architectural look. And the pricesare excellent considering the quality. Best buys- if I had to choose-are:
•The stone sleeveless double layer chiffon dress, almost like 2 layered singlet dresses $649.
•The grey or black simple round neck fine knit tank about $149.
•The poloneck sweater dresses long and not clinging in bad spots.
•A short crop grey wool melton jacket $519.
•Grey wool melton double breasted Peacoat with a belt is all you need. In life. $919
•Black shiny glitter top in a loose batwing style.
•Love the fabulous black patent puffa jacket with a rib knit insert collar. $829
•The perfect grey poloneck sweater $299. Simple and chic.
•The grey knit shrug about $400 and the high neck zip through rib knit.
•You want the very Gladiator/ Gyweth style black ankle shoe boots $600. Adorable.
•Love the bags in patent and the simple chic silver jewellery….
I am so happy to beback in The Mothership. I came here to pay my respects - as I often do- at the alter of the Guru of fashion. So many pieces to sob over. Somany thingsto drool over. So many gorgeous bags and shoes.There are a few of thecrazy pieces from the Summer Fairy collection such as the green printtrousers (left), a gold fleck and navy cardigan and a few floraldresses for $16,000. But let’s face it few of us will want to wearthese. Best investments to buy, wear, love are:
•In Prada Sport …A white simple cotton sleeveless shift dress about $900
•Black classic pants about $900: Wear summer, autumn, winter, spring. Wear in bed. Wear rounding up the sheep. Or the shoes
•Blacktaffeta inverted front pleat skirt $770. Wear with boots, with redshoes, with a Tee. With a leather jacket. With happiness
•Blackhalter neck dress with scallops about $1800. Sexy and gorgeous this isperfect for a warm night in St Tropez. Or a cold night at home.
•Blackor stone trench coats on sale for about $1400. You want these. They arebegging to go home with you. Say yes and sleep with them. You will haveno regrets.
•Grey marle ruched empire short sleeve tops about $600. Simple understated chic. Don’t let anyone hear you crying over these.
•Blackpatent heels (also in blush or pink) about $700. there only time youcanget away with wearing pointy toes in pink and not look cheap. Godforbid: No FiFi report readers are ever to look cheap.
•Black patent flats with a square toe. There is nothing better to slip on to do the washing. $700.
•Purple patent ankle strap sandals with a scalloped trim about $700. Add colour to your wardrobe. So sunny wear these around the house to brighten a gloomy winter’s day. Wear sunglasses too.
•Ballets flats in great colours from gold to black to red. Always chic,your feet will love these shoes. They want to marry them. And livehappily ever after.
•In the bags there are gorgeous clutches insatin with a bow. Go for orange, white, turquoise. You want the greypatent ombre patent slouch bag with silver chain strap: for you $3000.Buy two. Don’t look back.
•Love the leather clutches in a wide openweave in bright orange about $1800. Love the rainbow clutches. Love thebrown ombre patent stand up tote about $2500. Thank you Miuccia. A dayin Prada is better than therapy.
A lot of fab designers from LA here…Pick from Habitual Jeans, Citizens of Humanity Denim, J Brand Jeans, , Cynthia Vincent, T Bags LA, Ingwa Melero, Adam & Eve T Shirts, Mike & Chris, Kenneth Jay Lane Jewellery, C C Skye Jewellery, Mathew Williamson Sunglasses!
• Love the Mike & Chris gold cropped leather jacket with front pockets $1,300. Very rock star.
• LA cult label J-Brand have the perfect jean with a fourteen inch cigarette leg ink jean with a mid (almost high) rise. They fit like a dream $350. So put that almond croissant down and stop eating. Now.
•Everyone should own a Helmut Lang black blazer $890. Its sexy, it’s chic and is the epitome of understated chic. Buy it in the fitted or loose version (or both) and wear it with jeans, a white American Apparel tee and Givenchy killer heels (see Evelyn Miles). You will thank me.
• Check out the Mathew Williamson black or purple perspex wide sunglasses. Snazzalicious.
• Adore the Tibi black and white print silk kaftan dress. The shoulders are split leaving room for a little skin. $590. Pack your bags you are going to St Barts
***************Look out for new stores Pleasure State and Willow on Glenmore Road
It’s all fabulous here….best buys are…
•Givenchy high, so very high stiletto sandals. They will make yourcredit scream to escape the Birkin. In bright yellow with three strapscross the front of the foot and a narrow T-bar which runs up to a thinankle strap. The heel could pierce a man’s heart – This could be a goodthing. $848.
•If your feet aren’t into heels (What?! They needtherapy) but they still want to be sexy try the FLAT black patentversion on the Givenchy heels They are killers but not to your feet.$598.
•The Miu Miu Harlequin collection of shoes and bags havearrived and they are selling out quick. Run fast right now in thosePrada wedges to buy the pink purple and green patchwork purse $998.
•Also new is the Miu Miu black flat sandals with Navy, pink and aqua stones on the t-bar front. LUXE $798.
• BUY and love the Miu Miu gold flat T-bar sandals with pink and green large diamantes. $898.
•Love the Miu Miu black ‘intense’ tote. It has gold trimmings and alarge gathered pocket on both front sides. $2,298. If this one is toobig buy the smaller size in cream $2,198. Or just buy two.
Designer bags on sale: Check out Marc Jacobs black shoulder bag with art deco claps now half price about $1400; and a YSL black patent should bag now about $1200. there are new Chloe and YSL arrived in as well as Marc Jacobs and Zac Posen. Also chekc out the Burberry trench coats reduced to about $1400 from $2200. Divine.
Check out their international designer sale:
Best buys include DKNY navy satin dress now about $200; the sequin black dress now $300, and the as a very Marni black and white print chiffon top now $250. There is a whole rack of fabulous Martin Margiela but best is the grey wool melton long straight coat now $900 and a jacket with silver zips now $490. There is a divine Narsico Rodriguez grey sheath dress now $919 from $1400.