We were deep down below the surface of the earth. There was no natural daylight. The smell of leather was in the air. Suddenly we were drawn into the glare of a bright light. Pulled by a secret gravitational fashion force towards something fabulous. Our eyes pounced upon the ombre grey patent clutch. We screamed. How very Prada. How very this season. How very right. We grabbed it and escaped. It seems something locked in a cage can look so different once it’s let out of captivity. This little clutch suddenly looks new and chic now it’s out in daylight. Now that it’s back where it belongs. Next to a Chloe dress and Balenciaga shoes.
$24 Equip Ombre Brown and Cream Clutch.
You want feathers this season. You want big jewels this season. So why not mix them together in one gorgeous statement necklace? Wear this with a simple black dress. Wear this with a simple white shirt. Wear this with a simple bronze clutch.
You want the necklace to be the star. To be the focus of attention. To be the piece that draws all the attention. Like Big Bird…
$249 Mimco Bird of Paradise Choker. www.mimco.com.au
Reasons to wear Chanel Blue Sain Nail Polish:
$48 Chanel Blue Sain Le Vernis Nail Colour available at Chanel Beaute.
The Official Filthy Rich Handbook… by Christopher Tennant
“[A] decadent road map to help you navigate through private-school admissions, choppy regatta waters, and the global social circuit.” — Vanity Fair
“Reading this handbook is like eating 12 baked Alaskas in a row, but Christopher Tennant seems to know la dolce vita Americana billionara, every sweet morsel of it.”—Tom Wolfe
“There are three kinds of humor. Parody, where you make fun of people who are smarter than you. Satire, where you make fun of people who are richer than you. And burlesque, where you do both while taking off your clothes. The Official Filthy Rich Handbook is a paragon of naked wit.” —P.J. OÄôRourke
“I had a wonderful time reading The Official Filthy Rich Handbook. I learned a lot of things I didn’t know, and chuckled at Christopher Tennant’s extraordinary upper-class information.”—Dominick Dunne
$12 www.amazon.com Publisher: Workman Publishing Co (June 19, 2008)
The Christmas List
Fashion Designers at Home: The Private Spaces of 21 Makers of Style by Dolce & Gabbana (Foreword), Marie Bariller (Author).
Is dressing a home the same as dressing a body? “Fashion Designers at Home” attempts to answer that question by looking inside the homes of over twenty of today’s hottest fashion designers, revealing them to be incredibly talented interior designers as well. Perfect for both the fashion and interior design enthusiast, “Fashion Designers at Home” shows that the talents behind the worlds most fashion-forward clothing and accessories artists who place so much importance upon the choice of a cut, the nuances of a colour, and the feel of a certain material have also created some of the worlds most lavish and inspiring interiors.’ Chic
£18 www.amazon.co.uk Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd (4 Feb 2008)
Equip: (Burberry pictured)
This store is full of cute little fashion goodies… Talk about cheap but chic heaven.
•Love the berets here. So many to choose but the best one is the black felt beret $19. Tres chic.
•The pyramid bangles are fabulous (and on sale). In black resin and studded with pyramids around the exterior $5! Buy four. Think Burberry.
•Cute silver clutch with an oversized glo-mesh exterior $24 ….Take it out of the store and this will sit easily with your Lanvin LBD. Buy this and you can spend the $ you save the Lanvin.
•Love the dull silver and grey faceted jewell bracelet with a row of three jewels. Should be worn with the Lanvin LBD and glo-mesh clutch $19. Preferably out at night in darkened room. You don’t want to look at too closely. Bit like your face in the morning.
•The chunky glass stone necklace with dull silver chain is gorgeous. The jewels are in a grey /clear colour and it hangs down in a V $34. Big oversized jewels are a huge trend for next season. You will adore a Lanvin or Burberry necklace. It’s about simple architecutal clothes with big statement jewels.
So clever you have no excuse not to look chic this winter. No excuse. Check out :
•The leather zip front biker jackets with silver zips. Here’s the thing: modern dressing is all about the mix. You throw the Target leather jacket back with your Chloe pants and your pretty Miu Miu skirt. Just cut the label out first.
•The dark grey V neck rib long line cardigan is a great length : it sits just over the cellulite zone. It has it’s own little knit belt $49…and you wold never know it was Target. Wear with a full skirt, gladiator heels and a brown leather belt…
•The cute stone double breasted short trench coat $69…. A perfect classic piece. Throw over a stripe Tee, dark jeans, ballet flats and voila! eet eez tres chic. You are Ines de la Fressange or Lou Doillon.
•Love the expensive looking Target Limited Collection grey tweed cuffed pants about $69. Wear with a white belt, a pretty chiffon blouse and a black plastic mac a la Marni
•The wool melton single breasted 3⁄4 short peacoat. Again it’s the right length and perfect for cellulite coverage. Go for red, grey or chic black $99. This is a go anywhere coat. Wear with your Balenciaga heels, a simple little grey knit, a white Tee, and a pencil skirt…. Jeans…over a nightie… in rehab…go for black it won’t show the Vodka stains….
In the Zac Posen collection there are still quite a few great buys desperate to go to a good home. You must have :
•The multi pleat front shirt, very le smoking ..now reduced to $69.
•Burberry style black or brown quilted flared coat it’s FAB…now about $99.
•The grey or black jersey dress with a full skirt, sleeveless and drape front now $99…clings in the right spot, flares in the bad spots. Your credit card won’t even notice.
Looking fabulous here. You want:
•Thechic de la chic black wool jacket $499. It has a gorgeousmilitary-like cut with a Chinese neck closure and darts around a highneckline. There is a button at the waist and large frontpockets and a peplum hem. This is a jacket that will plead, beg, demandto go everywhere with you. Out for drinks with jeans and major heels.To work with a pencil skirt, to dinner over skinny leggings. To the botox surgerywith trackpants. and sunglasses …
•Gorgeous taupe faux fur zip up vest.You can wear this casually hanging open. Or if the weather actuallygets cold this could even keep you warm. How clever. The fur is allsorts of luxe variations of browns and caramels so it will go witheverything in your wardrobe. Except pink. But you don’t own any pink.And if you do keep reading and you soon learn the only pink you canwear is Lacroix. Sweetie $249.
• Thick poly-cotton full skirt with awashed with a chocolate dye overlay $129. I am having a full 50’s skirtmoment. Talk about versatile. Talk about comfortable. Talk aboutpretty. Wear it with simple choc tops. I mean a knit. Not the icecream…
•Black sequin cardigan. Simple and gorgeous with short sleeves and abutton front. $179. It’s about wearing evening fabrics for day. Yes,sequins for day back with jeans, with a white Tee, with a pretty skirt.You can’t wear sequins out during the day? Throw that idea out the windowright now pronto. With those bumsters, pointy toe stilettoes and thatdeep fried mars bar…
• There is something very sexy about theWitchery black patent pump with a pointy toe. It is cut perfectly. Itcould be a Louboutin. You could be Dita Von Teese. You could be seeingthe pointy stiletto is back…..Quick!… Run back to the window and grabthem…$149.
• Pease buy the faux fur chubby (pictured above). Je repete: J’adore the chubby. Wear it and you won’t be… $249.
They find the shoe of the season and do a great interpretation…
• Love the Miu Miu-esque flats with elastic sides in a punched hole brogue style. Love the red/pink colour but also the black/grey or the green/ taupe $149. Your shoes should do the talking this season. And these ones love a chat.
• The Lanvin inspired flats. Ok, I’ll say it: a direct copy. And what a great copy it is. We have done a comparison and scientific tests have proven that they are exactly the same. Except in the price. They are $600 cheaper. Excellent outcome. Buy the metallic soft dull gold, silver, or bronze.
• The black patent square toe flats with a silver disc detail on the toe. So 60’s, so Roger Vivier, so for you at $109. You can actually walk in them. Wear when you go shopping and buy seriously high heels…
• The choc brown long riding boots with a round toe in um, er, plastic….what a price $89! They look fabulous. And they are waterproof. Just like your mascara. You will love these. You could even go horse riding in them. Or just wear with jodpurs and a whip and canter around… no horse required.
• Love the peep toe lace up shoe boot. It’s half black patent and half silver metallic… Which half you ask? The front half $149. Also in bronze and brown version. They have a chunky square heel and they are HOT. Wear now and into next season.
• Love the T-bar heels in black and red patent with a kooky platform wedge heel…$149 very YSL/Fendi. They are almost Japanese. Not reallymeant the office more for wearing with a pretty dress.
• Love the black moc-croc patent short boots with an elastic side insert and with a major - and I am talking sergeant major - heel and a round toe $189.
Country Road: (Lanvin pictured).
Is there is a sale approaching?. Nothing reduced. Yet. Keep an eye out for …
• The fabulous black DB (that’s double breasted) belted trenchwith epaulettes. I think it’s very similar to the trench from last season. But we are so happy to welcome it back. Of course if you had followed FiFi’s instructions last year you would have had 2 seasons wear out of it already. And if you wore it once a week at $369 that would make it a 50 cents per wear coat. Don’t tell me that is expensive. just don’t
• The slinky loose silver grey lurex Tee $69. An easy piece to lighten up black and tame outrgeous bright colours.
• The dark denim jeans $99: a great cut, a high waist. You will never go back to bumsters when you see that muffin top sucked in…
• The poloneck sweater dress with bell sleeves now 25% off $149…I have mentioned this dress previously. It’s the one that looks like a dog on the hanger. But put it on and you will look like a pussy cat…
• The silver dark grey short puffa jacket…The puffa is hot piece for winter.. Wear with a sexy skirt and high heel. Over a pretty dress, with jewels and heels. Except if you love bush walking. or camping…$199
• Love the black patent double zip very Kate Moss-ish Longchamps style bag.Nuf said.
• The snazzy sleeveless black satin sheath dress with black jet beads and feather detail on the neckline $279. Feathers are so right now. Not for old chooks.
•The simple black loose sleeveless tunic top $99..so right for the office as are the divine grey slouchy pants…The work wear section here is excellent. When I mean work I mean clothes for those poor girls who have to look corporate when they work. I don’t mean those people who shop all day for a living. As a job. Such as my good self. They don’t need corporate clothes they just need botox on your feet or a high heel anesthetic. It’s not all glamour you know.
Cue: (Lanvin gloves pictured).
I see a sea of black and grey. A touch of navy, a little bit of silver. You want…
•The fabulous shiny silvery/black textured dress – very Jil sander/ Balenciaga with cute cap sleeves. It’s quite structured with its own little patent belt $ 249. The stiff structure of the fabric and the strict cut means that flabby bits are kept under control. Muffin stomachs can have a snooze under this dress.. no one will know you have one (unless it snores).
•The same dress is here with a very snazzy blue grosgrain belt that has a silver zip through it. Quite divine. It’s a little short but just wear black opaques. Then shut up and drive $375
•Love the Perfect rib poloneck sweaters in black or grey. Did you know that you want a rib knit? it’s not so clingy as plain old wool but it’s not too floppy ( because when you are your jumpers can’t be).
•The tweed high neck sleeveless sheath is just the thing for work, weekend, evening. Next winter is all about being lean and mean ( to your credit card. So start now. $199.
•The pretty drape blouse in a choc brown with an asymmetrical tie at the front that’s almost drawstring…$119…it’s a unusual. This is a good thing.. You need a blouse like this so the attention is directed away from your Target pants and Equip bag. No that they should be ignored but you want them attracting ALL the attention.
•Please buy the sensational long black leather gloves with a silver and gold zip. They are almost a piece of jewellery. I am moving to Tasmania so I can wear these gloves. Every day.
•Buy the chic and perfect little grey wool cap sleeve dress. Very Roland Mouret.
•Buy the black rib cap sleeve dress with a round neck and a subtle empire line $89….This was the dress I chose for my models to wear on The Morning Show on Wednesday. Wear for weekends under a trench, wear out at night with heels…
•The grey wool melton short bell skirt with wide inverted pleats…tres chic $249. The bell or tulip skirt is still lurking and so right on trend. It’s very 50’s couture. And you will be too.
SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE
Where:Sydney Store: 129 King Street.
Melbourne Store: Crown Entertainment Complex, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank.
When: Saturday 31st May.
What:Up to 40% off the selected Spring/Summer2008 Women’s and Men’s Prorsum and London Collections. The rangesinclude ready-to-wear, shoes, bags, belts, jewellery and otheraccessories. Burberry’s Creative Director, Christopher Bailey, wasinspired by the theme of the ‘luxury warrior’ for the Spring/Summercollection. Celtic medal studs are featured in the Prorsum Collectionin trenches, bags, jewellery and belts. The “Warrior” bag is the keyaccessory for the season and is available in black, trench and camel.The Sydney store has a version in Alligator, the only one of its kindin Australia.Divine!
Cosmopolitan Shoes Sale:
Up to 70% off selected shoes, bags and accessories by brands such asDolce & Gabbana, Sergio Rossi, Jimmy Choo, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Roberto Cavalli, Sonia Rykiel, Barbara Bui, YSL, RobertClergerie plus many more. While you are there, check out the Summer2008 new arrivals - in store now. Sale on Thursday 29th May - Sunday1st June, 2008.
Time to check out this store ….best picks are:
• The Silver ring with two pearls. One is adorned with a net pattern in black crystal, the other is set with a 0,1 carat diamond $4,850. Gorgeous and different. It looks like Mickey mouse ears on a Chanel ring.
• The ‘Elixir’ silver ring has a big rock (hand-cut Moonlight crystal) in prong setting and then dotted with tiny Swarovski crystals $1,200.
• Love the Emelyne cuff (left). It is a rhodium-plated cuff in white calfleather and toughened by a silver crystal mesh exterior. A link chainacross the top of the cuff adds hardware. In silver or gold plated$1,400. Love a tough cuff.
• We adore the bug ring. It is silver with a huge rectangle rock (emerald-cut clear crystal). Around the rock are small reptile like creatures. Sounds mad. And it is. Best news? They don’t bite. $385
• Fancy a brooch called ‘fancy’? It is a rhodium plated silver starburst filled with tiny crystals. $265. Think old Hollywood glamour. Brooches are the new earrings. Start wearing them now.
• For a simple chic jewelry option buy the rhodium-plated star pendant with clear crystal pavé. $160. Great for everyday wear.
Is there a 4 letter word you love more than SALE? Maybe it’s SHOE? Put the two together and it equals destination Belinda….. Best picks are :
• The Marc Jacobs taupe and black leather trimmed high skating boots $575 (pictured).
• The very sexy black patent thin stiletto heeled Miu Miu booties $530.
There is new season Miu Miu, Repetto Paris and Luella that has just arrived too. The best picks here are:
• The black Miu Miu silk top with deep blue trimmed capped sleeves and a zip up front. Think sporty meets silk. $1,160. Think Divine.
• The Black Miu Miu light silk/cotton stretch jersey dress with a V-neck and empire drape. Light and flimsy for summer in St Barts.. $890.
• The Fillipa K emerald green silk jersey V-neck long sleeved top. Sexy $350.
• The Miu Miu bronze chain necklace with dusk pink ribbon curled through the chain. Diamantes are sewn onto the ribbon. Exquisite. $350.
The Carlyle hotel’s legendary Bemelmans Bar in New York will feature a signature cocktail in honor of Carrie Bradshaw….Delicious !
2 oz. Don Julio Blanco Tequila
1/2 oz. X Rated Passion Fruit Liquor
3/4 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
3/4 oz. Cane Sugar Simple Syrup