Oh my Lord. Diva have gone Sex and The City mad. Bless. There is a whole section devoted to Carrie and the girls. How thoughtful. You can even go into a draw to win a limited edition SATC collection. Check out:
• The black 5 strand beaded bracelet with a black resin rose in the center. Think Chanel, Think Carrie, Think I love this and I want it $14.95.
• Love the cute, little charm necklaces. With charms like I ‘heart’ NY, horse shoes and mini pumps you will have trouble deciding. Buy them all. Then give a few away. That’s what Carrie would do. Samantha would make her boyfriend wear it. Naked $9.95.
• Channel Carrie and look like Chanel. Buy the new black or cream camellia pins or choker. $12.95. Gorgeous. Wear it pinned to your school boy blazer, to your LBD, to your T shirt, a long line grey cardigan or to your boyfriend jacket. Or just pin it to your boyfriend.
Always great pieces here at great prices. You want:
• The grey short tweed swing jacket. Cute and so totally functional for winter. Keep warm and look fabulous. It’s a great concept! Good for climate change. The idea? Wear more clothes to keep warm rather than turning up the heater. Layer over a pencil skirt for work, jeans for the weekend and the LBD for dinner $399.
• The grey knit short dress with a tight rib at the hem and wide bat wing sleeves. This is totally flattering and I should know. It skims the flabby cellulite and clings to the skinny bits. Wear with flat boots, with chunky heels, under a leather jacket $159.
• Love the pale grey wool knit shrug with a zip front. There are so many shrugs around this winter and it’s because they are easy to wear. You just shrug them on. Suddenly looking casual and chic. Wear this over a white Tee, a long line grey knit sweater, with jeans or slouchy pants.
• The Penelope Cruz for MNG collection is here. Love the beige stiff silk dress with a high straight neck and bell sleeves. Very chic. Very lady like. $169. Jut make sure you don’t go out with a guy who has a bad hair cut like Javier Bardem. This is no country for hair like that.
• Also from the Penelope Cruz collection is the navy wide leg man style pants. Wear them to work, weekend or night… The slouchy pant is the investment piece to take you through to next summer and into next winter. Next season’s silhouette is becoming snug on top and slouchy on the bottom. I love that. My knees love that. My thighs love it.
• The fabulous black quilted wet-look bomber is now reduced to $109. A bargain. This is your new version of the leather jacket if you have not yet bought one. Which I can’t believe. But don’t worry our secret’s with me. This is a jacket to throw over a knit, with skinny jeans or to wear over a pretty floral dress. This wet look is big for next winter so don’t fret and worry that you will be left high and dry next year. …ha.
Cheap but chic central: Best buys this week…
• Check out the long -thigh length- shrug in grey or dark grey knit. Perfect to throw on during those lazy winter weekends when you are stuffing your face with chocolate and raspberry muffins from Bourke St Bakery. This one is very similar to the Country Road version. The shrug not the Muffin. $79
• From the Colette Dinnigan collection of lingerie are beautiful silk chemises with shoe string straps in chic pastel and red prints. Go to bed feeling delicate, dainty and beautiful. Even if it is mid afternoon…. $59.
• Invest in the light grey long wool mix cardigan. Another Stella idea… A Stella McCartney idea… You know how to wear it don’t you? Over a sheath dress and belted in with a brown leather belt, or over a white Tee with skinny pants. Or try over a chiffon floral number and wear black opaques and Chloe heels $59.
• In the Limited Editions Collection buy the black round neck (it’s a nice round neck too) sweater dress. It is a cashmere mix! $69. All the product in this range are made from high quality fabrics; wool, cashmere, silk or cotton. How clever is that? News is that the English designer Jonathon Saunders will be designing a collection for the US Target. Let’s hope some of the looks will make it here.
• NBNBNBNB: All leather jackets have been reduced. At this rate it’s almost like stealing……some are good, some are touch and go. Away.
• The Zac Posen for Target coats and dresses are on sale too from $99… Bargain. Not a huge selection but worth having a rummage.
Best buys this week are:
• A navy jersey military dress with pockets and a waist belt. It may not be YSL but it will make you look like Betty Catroux for $189. ( And if you don’t know who Betty Catroux is keep reading The FiFi Report then read The Beautiful Fall).
• Rug up for winter in the grey short wool duffel coat $249. It has a hood for extra warmth. And because a hood always looks cool.
• You want the long sleeved denim tunic dress with front buttons and pockets and long sleeves. Wear it with thick black opaques and a huge scarf $129.
• Invest in the cute cropped cardi in a heavy wool knit with hidden buttons ( we are still trying to find them ). With a large funnel neck it’s perfect for funelling wine and food on cold days. While still looking the epitome of chic. Buy both the black or grey. $99.
• Am I dreaming or I am seeing some pink creeping into Country Road? Pink is good as long as you wear it subtly. Hot pink should only be taken in small doses like Muesli. So buy the v-neck fuschia long sleeved knit and then layer it back with greys, blacks or navy. $89. And a dollop of Yogurt.
• I am not going to tell you about the long chunky scarves in here this week. You know I adore them. So buy the dirty silver link necklace instead. $59.95.
Max and Co:
Always fabulous quality here and excellent prices. They have a lot more variety and less of each item so it’s a little more exclusive. You want:
• Black stiff silk zip through jacket. It’s an oxymoron. But you won’t feel like one wearing it. The stiff mesh-like silk with gives a soft tough look. If you know what I mean. Wear with pretty soft 50’s skirts or jeans. Wear with everything, every day. Then send thanks to the God of small things… black Amex $533.
• Love, love, love the silver metallic stretch cotton dress with black thick ribbing on the arms. Clever use of textures, you could call this a dressed up ‘going to the ball’ T-shirt dress. $340
• HINT: Don’t read this if you have just eaten a fried mars bar. Time to drool over the amazing plain black skin tight sleeveless shift dress. In jersey polyamide this dress is cut into panels to shape the body. Which is not a good thing if you are shaped like a beached whale. But could be a good thing if you are a curvy, sexy mama. Don’t eat for a few years before wearing.
• Invest in the simplest, chicest, understated metallic rib singlets in purple or berry red. $180. One word: Layer.
Buy the black fur chubby, the black sequin zip top, and the black velvet blazer. That’s all you need until next year.
• Love the cream ‘Melanie’ zip coin purse $45. In chic, stamped calf leather it’s the perfect size to hold credit cards and all those Euros that usually sits in the bottom of your bag. It even has an clever attached key chain to clip onto your bag. Nifty.
• Buy the chic, taupe belt in textured leather with a silver buckle. This is the absolutely perfect colour – or is it a neutral?- to go with anything and everything this winter. Did I mention the leather is as soft as George Clooney’s….. Wallet. You will own this belt forever. $95.
• Adore the long necklace with a small silver glo-mesh purse pendant in gold or silver. $195. Keep your valium in there.
• Love the black “Orient” bag… It’s a Satchel style bag in oily leather with a longer length strap and hand stitching detail. About $275 for the smaller size.
• We all need, want, have to have a clutch this season. The one here is in red in soft calf leather and has a magnetic closure. To match your magnetic personality. Also in other snazzy colours. $195.
• Love the large flat tote in olive pebble leather. A perfect travel tote. Yummy Mummies could fit the whole nursery in there. Or their children. Pity there is no lock. But you could throw some food in occasionally. $245.
Too many fabulous jewels, too many gorgeous bags… Check out
• Beautiful diamante loop earrings in clear resin and silver diamantes. This season it’s all about big necklaces and cuffs but if you want some earrings you should have these. Such a great alternative to the prissy silver look. $129.
• Amazing black resin cuff with a big jeweled green spider on front $269. Don’t scared of spiders this is gorgeous and Goth. Wear with black YSL. Love it!
• Gorgeous small, squishy glomesh bag in black with a glomesh bow at the front and a silver chain handle. $299. A great alternative to a structured clutch. It’s a little more casual and perfect to wear with jeans and Balenciaga heels.
• Black chunky chain necklace with a black resin and jeweled bow pendant $249. It’s about the statement necklace this season and into next winter. Please don’t channel Ivana trump and wear earrings and bracelets as well. Keep it simple. Think Gywneth. Wear with jeans and a tee. Wear with a little black dress. Wear with a dressing gown when you are feeling down.
• Red soft leather small purse with a long over the shoulder strap. Cute and functional $199. Add colour into wardrobe, throw it over your shoulder and get into a very 70’s navy , white and red look.
• Chain link diamante and resin bangles in assorted colours $159 (pictured): You know the rules. Stack up the bracelets, and jingle jangle when you walk. At least people will hear you coming..
A great store and full of gorgeous designer pieces you will not see elsewhere. Check out:
• MB by Malene Birger soft black leather swing coat with a wide collar and wide sleeves $1810. Beautiful.
• Love the See by Chloe white, stretch cotton embroidered 3/4 sleeve long top/ short dress. It has a slight bat wing and embroidered dots with small holes in the middle. Simple, chic, gorgeous. $510.
• MB by Malene Birger silver chain and looped leather necklace. The silver chain ends with three large loops at the bottom covered in black leather. $205. A big punk, a bit tough, a bit of a statement.
• Love the Missoni blue, taupe, green and black print dress in the signature print with light kaftan like sleeves. $3495. Perfect for that holiday in Cannes.
• You want the MB by Malene Birger black silk print skirt with bow detail at the front $420. Wear with tough leather jackets to toughen it up or with a blazer. Throw a long line cardigan over the top and big chunky shoes and you will be very happy. I just know it.
Check out the new collection of Philosophy Di Alberta Feretti…..Hint; Wear waterproof mascara you will be sobbing…it’s all DIVINE.
Paul and Joe
• I spy a new version of the black and white cat print tunic. This one is white silk and has the famous black cat print front with wide red striped arms. C’est incroyable $595. Can be worn as a dress if you are feeling skinny. On fat days wear as a top. On sad days wear to bed.
• Love the baby blue and beige striped linen bias cut dress. It has a deep-V neckline with a small bow at the centre front to which the hem is also attached….sounds kooky I know. The sleeves and neckline have a diamante triangle trim. You must go see. It’s very Bianca Jagger doing Ibiza - No drugs included. Rehab is. $1195.
• Still having a Talitha Getty moment? Slip into the grey tiger print and green flower print silk top with wide sleeves. Just beautiful. Perfect for nights in Morrocco. In your dreams $795.
• Now you need a classic so buy the cream double breasted jacket with 3/4 puff sleeves and a tie at the waist. $995. Perfect for the boat trip on the way to Morroco. Perfect to slip on over a grey marle Tee or a pretty dress. The jacket over a dress is a hot look.
• Adore the short kaftan/ dress in a white and navy dress. The word to sum it up? Whimsical. The white silk is so soft, transparent and light with a navy dyed flower print. $1795. Transparency is a HUGE trend for next season. My tip? Stop eating now. Then liposuction. Or a head transplant.
So many gorgeous pieces here from simple black dresses to fabulous jewel encrusted floral chiffon dresses…
• You will love the black Chantilly lace dress with little flecks of gold. It screams Chanel. I think I can hear Karl. Or maybe it’s Miuccia. Next winter at Prada was lace from head to toe . But of course Collette has always done lace. This dress is gorgeous with a black slip underneath and the dress entirely of lace. The (very twenties) hem has two lace frills and the capped sleeves are edged in lace. $1490. Colette has certainly breathed in Paris. Then breathed out Milan.
• Adore the gold sequin vest with strands and loops of sequins, sewn together randomly leaving massive holes in between. Breezy but breathless. $1932
• Buy the white and red painterly floral silk dress with waist belt . So fresh, so chic, so simple. A sleeveless shift dress = Summer. Such a lovely dress to warm your heart on a cold day $690
Buy the simple black puff sleeve dress : alway chic, always right about $870