- "I asked my trainer, ‘Can you give me Jessica Biel’s butt?” Christina Ricci needs therapy. (Jessica’s butt pictured left).
- "I’m barely a B cup!" Kristin Bell, responding to a busty accusation. Needs a trainer.
- “I don’t like … things." Jerry Seinfeld talking to Conan O’Brien. Doesn’t need anything.
- "•My biggest fear is that I’ll fall for a man who wants a modern, minimalist interior." Dita Von Teese. She needs things.
- “I wanted to make a movie that wasn’t issue-driven. Plus, I’m 46. Pretty soon, the only role I’ll be able to get in a sports movie is as the bowling coach” George Clooney. He needs to take up bowling.
- "If she comes past the shop, hopefully she’ll just keep walking…sort of thing." - Alexander McQueen doesn’t need Paris Hilton.
- “I’m in love!” Paris Hilton says she’s in love with Benji Madden. Fingers crossed they don’t reproduce. we don’t need that (says Jezebel.com).
- "We’ve been in a nice situation where we’ve been appreciated for ourselves…I’m never going to be the thinnest actress in town” Sex and the City star Kristin Davis. Or have Jessica Biel’s Butt.
- "They don’t just splash around – they laugh, scream, swear and make sexy noises." Christina Aguilera’s neighbors complain about the noise in the pool. Make sexy noises…? They don’t like ….things…
The good news is… it’s getting colder. The bad news is… There is no bad news. Cold weather means bringing out all your new winter clothes. Cold weather means wearing all your new winter clothes. Cold weather means throwing on your new ribbed tights or long Prada socks. Cold weather means never having to worry about fake tan on the legs again. A great way to add texture and colour you will find that ribbed tights can actually transform any daggy wardrobe. It’s a miracle worker. Go for red, brown or classic black and please wear with pretty dresses, cute short skirts and some serious statement shoes. If you don’t do as you’re told there will be detention for you. Please stay back and write I am not a dag 100 times…
Rib Tights and socks from Sportsgirl $14, Kookai, Nine West $15 or Witchery $39.95.
What: A long line Grey cardigan.
Which: You want a long cardigan this winter. It should be long. Almost as long as a dress. It should be V neck. It can have a belt or can sit loose. It should be in grey.
Why: Because a long cardigan is so easy to wear. Because the long cardigan is a new sweater dress. And you loved the sweater dress last season. Because it’s a look we haven’t seen for years. Because it’s great for trans seasonal mild Autumn weather. Because it can cover your butt. Because it’s sexy.
Wear: With knit leggings and heels. Over a white shirt or a simple white Tee. Throw it over a jewel top with jeans. Over a narrow pencil skirt or with manstyle slouchy pants. Always add something feminine like red heels or cuffs or bold jewels to pretty it up. Cinch in the waist with a big wide tough leather belt. So you don’t look like a librarian. Think Sexy school girl.
Where: Head to Just Jeans, Sussan or Target. Or try Country Road, Saba, or Scanlan Theodore and Attic for Stella McCartney. Or zoom straight to Prada…
The look for winter is pale lips and gorgeous dark eyes…..Here are some fabulous makeup tips from Style.com … hint: buy Chanel…
“The trapeze-shaped frocks in luxe jewel tones on Alberta Ferretti’s Fall runway were the designer’s way of capturing what she calls “the nonchalance of women today.” To complement her vision, makeup artist Peter Philips dreamed up a modern version of a sixties look that was both put-together and laid-back.”It’s a watered-down sixties look,” said Peter Philips of the heavily lined eyes and pale lips he created. “But it’s less refined and more rock ‘n’ roll than Brigitte Bardot.” He began by perfecting the models’ skin with Chanel Pro Lumière Professional Finish Makeup SPF 15, an oil-free base that lends a semi-matte finish to complexions. Instead of blush, he applied a highlighter to temples and cheekbones “to give the skin dimension without contouring.Philips lined top and bottom lashes with Chanel Le Crayon Kohl Intense Eye Pencil in Black before blending Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadows in Ebony and Mahogany from lash line to crease. Next, he brushed on Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel in Black, a multipurpose eye enhancer that volumizes, lengthens, curls, and separates lashes with each stroke. The models’ mouths were daubed with foundation instead of color. “It gave the lips a uniform tone that was neither too pink nor too pearly,” he said. (For a look that’s more real world than runway, Philips recommends using beige lip color on lips and adding a peach-hued blush to give cheeks more life)”. Chic.
- • Natalia Vodianova adds another Vogue UK cover to her resume - this one, by Mario Testino - to her tally with the summer bright new May issue (pictured left).
- • Giorgio Armani, who continues to flex his technological muscle after the success of the Armani Samsung mobile phone, will unveil a flat-screen LCD TV on April 16 at the Salone del Mobile in Milan. Also, on a home note, Armani just purchased a house for himself in La Punt, Switzerland, a tony ski town close to Saint Moritz. Reports WWD.
- • Jude Law is to be the face of a new men’s fragrance for ParfumsChristian Dior worldwide save for the U.S. and U.K reports WWD.
- "Lily Donaldson is now Gucci’s main girl. She’s pairing up with a few backup dancers - including Abbey Lee, the Aussie upstart who got the Gucci exclusive in Milan - for their next big campaign, which is something of a Gypsy-Chic explosion. But what happened to Gucci’s main face, Natasha Poly? She’s taking the reigns at the Dolce & Gabbana campaign, which Lily D. ruled last season with Gemma and Jessica Stam. Now it’s Natasha, plus Kasia Strauss and maybe Jessica Stam again as the fearsome threesome. And remember the cute new blonde, Agnete? She’s bumping Kate Bosworth out of her CK Jeans billboard this Fall. Steven Meisel is shooting the full campaign this week"..reports fashionista.
- ‘Smythson is the latest label to tap into fashion’s new love affair with the art world, announcing the release of a series of limited edition art diaries (pictured left) in October. While the names of the artists involved will be kept under wraps until July, we can expect to see covers designed by the industry’s most promising up-and comers. Some 200 notebooks, curated much like Smythson’s must-have fashion diary with content on the annual art events from The Art Newspaper, will be produced - with a share of the profits to be donated to the artists’ charities of choice..’ reports TheDaily.
- Vivienne Westwood and Roland Mouret have been signed up to speak at a new lecture series, Design Icons, at London’s Design Museum. Mouret hits the programme first, as part of a panel contemplating the question "What makes a design icon?" on April 15, while Westwood will undoubtedly steal the show when she performs her notorious Active Resistance to Propaganda cultural manifesto on May 2 ..reports vogue UK www.designmuseum.org
- Nicolas Ghesquière dipped a toe in the celebrity pool for the first time with his spring-summer advertising for Balenciaga, tapping Jennifer Connelly. And it seems the water is still fine. Rumor has it French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg (pictured left), a friend of Ghesquière will be the star of the fall campaign. WWD
- In New York? Check out the Tribeca Film Festival www.tribecafilmfestival.org
- Sean "Diddy" Combs certainly is getting his media moments. MTV will air "If I Were King," a documentary that chronicles and celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Sean John label. The 90-minute documentary shows Combs going through the process of designing a line and bringing it to the runway. He is shown picking fabrics and models, playing with his four children and walking through Central Park. reports WWD (as if designers have time for that)
- ThesubMercer, a bar/lounge that opened last month in the Mercer Hotel’sbasement, has become a downtown destination of late. MargheritaMissoni’s pals held a surprise going away party for the fashionista afew weeks ago (she’s moving to Paris). Once you get past the doorman,you take the elevator down to the basement and walk down a creepilyquiet hall. You pass through a heavy red door and a wine cellar to getto the main event. Brick archways divide the lounge area from the tinydance floor; patrons can duck under a low hanging eave to sneakcigarettes in a tiny room behind the DJ booth.
- US Harper’s Bazaar is trying to elbow into collections coverage. After WWD Collections and New York Look, now comes Bazaar’s Runway Report, which debuts this summer and will cover the fall 2008 collections. The spin-off is based on a column of the same name that runs in the magazine in January and June. Runway Report will include a guide to the looks on the runways in New York, Paris, Milan and London. Kristina O’Neill, Bazaar’s fashion news/features director, will edit the 200 page publication. US$6.95 on sale July 29 reports WWD.
- "The problem with being a jet-setter? Airports. As we all know, any more than ten minutes at the gate can seem like a stint in purgatory. To make the wait a little less mind-numbingly boring, today’s deep-pocketed Euros shell out hefty membership fees to private airline clubs like Heathrow’s Virgin Airlines lounge, left, and British Airways’ entertainment space at JFK, which pipes in the scent of freshly cut grass. The top place to be, though, is the Wing, Cathay Pacific’s club in the Hong Kong international airport. At more than 40,000 square feet, it boasts four restaurants, a spa, an 80-foot cocktail area called the Long Bar, and private cabanas. Who would ever want to leave?" reports style.com
- COSTUME NATIONAL designer Ennio Capasa is making cyberspace a whole lot more glamorous place to be as he launches online journals Costumers and Plug Generation, as well as his own personal page. Known for his cutting-edge approach to fashion, Capasa has also revamped the brand’s website.
- Who pays for Carla’s clothes? That’s a question that has been ragingever since Dior-clad French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy wowed theBrits last week on an official visit with her husband, French PresidentNicholas Sarkozy. British papers have had a field day speculating aboutwho paid for the first lady’s Dior coats, dresses, bags, shoes andevening gowns. The Sunday Times estimated the free advertising wouldlikely boost Dior’s sales by $2 million and change opinions about JohnGalliano’s Ladies Who Lunch proposition for next fall, which met withmixed reviews. However, Bruni-Sarkozy’s agent stressed her clientchooses her own outfits and adheres to a strict wardrobe policy. "Sheeither borrows or buys," said Veronique Rampazzo at Marilyn Agency inParis. "And it’s all her personal budget. It’s not the state budget.The same goes for her hair and makeup." WWD.
- Gwen Stefani will launch her latest fragrance (left) in September in conjunction with her Harajuku Lovers collection. Stefani has created dolls based on herself and her four backup singers, Love, Angel, Music and Baby — and turned them into five different scent bottles. WWD
‘Fashion Weekend Sydney, presented by Shop Til You Drop magazine, is a unique new designer shopping event giving fashionistas the opportunity to come face-to-face with over 70 of Australia’s top fashion designers whose collections will be on sale at greatly reduced prices. Plus, catch up on the latest hair, cosmetics, beauty and style trends.
Fashion Weekend Sydney will take place from Friday 9 - Sunday 11 May at the Royal Hall of Industries, Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park, Sydney.’
"A fashion magazine for anyone, created by everyone. It’s a place to store all your favourite fashion images and moments and a great resource to check out the latest world trends" Cute..
- Latest: Diana Verdict: She’s still dead."The High Court in London declared that Princess Diana is still dead and has been dead since 1996” reports thedailysquib.
- •Pop star Madonna (left) has been in heavy training for the 2008 Beijing Olympics where she will be competing in the shot put event for the USA.
- Her husband, Guy Ritchie, supports her all the way and is even helping with her training by getting involved in arm wrestling matches with his wife during the evenings…reports thedailysquib.
- ‘Terminal 5 at Heathrow Airport has incorporated a revolutionary technique in processing passenger luggage and speeding up the process of boarding a plane. "It is quite easy, passengers simply drop their bags off and never see them ever again," a manager told the Daily Squib.
- Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz are engaged and getting married.
- Lauren Conrad continues to become most uninteresting person alive.
- "Paris Hilton surprised me by using words and sentences to update her blog and informed everyone that she’s in love with Benji Madden. I imagine after she finished typing Paris fell out of her chair, clutching her head and screaming "OW! OW! OW! I think my brain has herpes too now!" says the superficial.
- Fergie is not pregnant but just looks it.
- Kirsten Dunst is dating actor Ryan Gosling.
- www.parisbff.com Go here to audition for Paris’ new reality show and become her new best friend.
- Tom Cruise is to be godfather to Jennifer Lopez’s twins.
- Everyone wore white at Beyonce and Jay Z’s wedding….
- Gwyneth Paltrow has gone on the record to make the claim that the paparazzi are the ones responsible for making celebs like Britney Spears go crazy … and to prove her point, she decided to wrap herself up and hide underneath a blanket (with her son Moses) in a crazy manner and in the presence of the paparazzi (pictured left) says pinkisthenewblog.
- George Clooney received an anonymous phone call at home telling him to curb his girlfriend Sarah Larson. The voice on the line said "Dude, your friends asked me to give you a message: Dump the bitch before you’re sorry!" (it wasn’t me I swear).
Shopping, Seduction & Mr Selfridge…by Lindy Woodhead (Author)
‘The men who created the first department stores—what Zola called “great cathedrals of shopping”—made vast fortunes, but no one understood how shopping could become sexy as well as Mr. Selfridge. In 1909, his department store—London’s first and built from scratch—opened in a glorious burst of publicity, spearheaded by the largest advertising campaign ever mounted in the British press. In his eponymous store, Harry Gordon Selfridge created nothing less than “the theater of retail.” His personal life was just as flamboyant—one of mistresses and mansions, racehorses and yachts. In this revealing narrative, author Lindy Woodhead tells the extraordinary story of a revolution in shopping, depicts the rise and fall of a retail prince, and unravels a slice of social history that will surprise and entertain any woman who loves to shop.’ Fabulous.
$25 www. amazon.com Publisher: Profile Books (October 1, 2007)
The Christmas List
The Way We Live with Color by Stafford Cliff(Author), Gilles De Chabaneix (Photographer)
‘Colour influences the way we live room by room and is greater than just paint on the wall. Bright and unusual accents on floors, furniture, ceilings, and windows add to the total effect.The simplicity of white clapboard New England colonials lend themselves to formal approaches to layout and landscaping, while the lighthearted pastels of the Caribbean invite informal juxtapositions of style. This book explores how varying materials and textures—metallic surfaces, colored glass, stone, brick, or wooden ceilings—open up new areas for exploring color and mood. Full of gorgeous images depicting how color is used differently around the world, this book is sure to be a source of inspiration for anyone interested in interiors or decorating’.
$26 www.amazon.com Publisher: Rizzoli (March 11, 2008)
Lots of fabulous jewellery here: Try the long silver thick necklace with chain links and silver baubles $60 or the shorter silver necklace with huge chain links $50. Love the gold multi chain necklace $59 and the - very Elisa Peretti - Bone Cuff in gold $20. That’s $950 less than the original. The accessories are just as good as the jewellery. Love the short and very soft gloves in beige brown or black leather $59. Also the chunky knit woollen oversized scarves are great and come in a range of fabulous winter colours, from $39. There are new arrivals of winter stock every day. Thank the lord. Best picks are the Milano jacket; a quilted puffa jacket with many zippers and a biker style neck clasp $229. So Burberry, so tough chic, so warm on a sunny day. SO who cares if you are dying of a heat meltdown you will look fabulous. Choose from black, and grey although there is yellow. Wear it with the very little black mini skirt $119 and opaques and fabulous long skinny legs. If you don’t have them I am not sure where you can buy them. Try Ebay; someone must be selling long, skinny legs somewhere. Buy the leather biker jacket it’s fabulous (left) $449. There’s a fabulous grey knit crew neck dress $139 also in the same style with a cowl neck $139. Kookai knits are here in every colour. Effortless dressing.( save the effort for eating).
You have to look hard as there is alot of stock squished in here. But forget doing that : just keep reading The FiFi Report. We do the searching and foraging and shopping so you don’t have to. So check out the fabulous dark denim blazer with one button at the waist $199.95 and also in black. Remember tailoring is the new silhouette du jour. There’s an A-line trench in black or cream $259. The first A line trench spootted this season. Very Lanvin. Adore the exaggerated high waist pants in black wool/polyester mix $159. There is an amazing olive green short double-breasted silk trench. It has puffed long sleeves and standup collar $159. Also in choc and cream. Very fattening. There is a fab, short black bomber jacket $99 and a chic black quilted short puffa $99. All you need is a vespa. Wear the puffa jackets with the red pipe trimmed skirt $179 or the dark denim high waist jean $99.
Witchery has two wardrobe staples that you must have this winter: the grey wool blend rib tights $39.99( see cheap but chic) and black ankle length leggings $29.95. Buy these and you have the basic building blocks of winter. Add the chunky knit scarf in black or red $69.95 and you will be chic de la chic and warm . Forgotten something? Undies thank you Britney. And a dress might help too. Love the chocolate or cream skinny belt with gold buckles and punched holes $49. Also new is the cream very Chloe saddle bag which is the softest leather and has a front pocket with two strap fastenings $249.95. Loved the black wrap front shift dress with a slight V front $169.95. It will take you straight from the office to evening. And pay for the car and dinner and kiss you at the end of the night as well. So will the shift dress with button tabs at the side of the waist and a high neck $129. The black jodhpurs are so Balenciaga and so right. Eat many croissants and stash them in the thighs and no one will ever know. $129. Then buy the herringbone wide leg pant in grey $169; they have a slightly higher waist. The high waist dark denim jeans are a great buy and you can’t go wrong with the straight cut $99. David Jones is having a sale on Witchery at the moment with up to 30% off on selected styles.
I spy a few new winter styles here. Love the platform mary-jaynes in black or grey $129. Go for higher style with a big platform and three straps at the front of the foot $138. Love the shoe boot in silver gunmetal or black(pictured), which has a high heel. It ties up the front with a delicate bow $138. There is another version of the shoe boot. This one is sexy black and patent with an open front and a clasp at the front called Matrika $138. Love the black patent flat knee high boots in patent $199. Casual cool.
Scanlan and Theodore:
What a divine winter collection; you want it all. Start with the fabulous, sleeveless sheath dresses. Go for the simple black dress with an exquisite cut and paneling in a heavy wool crepe about $600 or try the sheath dress in a black and white almost tweed style fabric with cut away sleeves about $600. You want the navy knit with a sparkle through it and the fabulous wrap brown silk jungle print dress. There is an asymmetrical lop sided knit sweater dress in a lot of gorgeous colours and divine cashmere poloneck knits in cream, grey and black $275. Love the accessories such as the over sized leather flower and the fabulous shoes.
AX Armani Exchange:
We love this store: there is the quality without too much pain to your Hermes wallet. And there’s alot of black here. This means it’s safe for those on their shopping P plates. Or those fashionista in a Porsche who know their style and stick to a colour they can’t live without. Check out the black panelled, jersey slim fit dress with small sleeves and a cute v-front with black piping $189; the black stretch rayon dress with thick shoulder straps and structured panels $239. Absolutely gorgeous. For work when you want to look chic and understated so go for the white blouse with long sleeves and a crisp collar $119. They say white next to the face takes ten years off. $119 is a lot less than botox. There is a cute choc brown plaid pleated schoolgirl skirt $149 if you want to do the Burberry tough look but you must wear with heels or you will look like a naughty school girl. This could be a good thing at 10PM. At home. Or try the choc plaid man-style pants $179. please buy the plain dark denim skirt $159: perfect for weekends when you want to do jeans but need a skirt. Buy the drop back sexy jersey dress in black (or pink if you are actually a school girl) for a chic dinner $99. Love the divine cream thick felt wool jacket; the hem finishes just before the knees and it is perfectly cut $659. And also comes in black. There are handy little patent clutch purses with small handles in red, grey or black $79. How chic.
The sale is over but please don’t cry I spy a lot of great buys. This week’s picks are the black patent trench $249 : the same as the cream instore last week. It’s too chic. Love the grey wool, puff sleeve, crop jacket a la Lanvin $229 it has ¾ sleeves so you can wear long gloves. The reason to buy the jacket is so you can wear the gloves. Check out the fab black, double breasted, mini skirt. Yes that’s right it’s double breasted or double hipped. Whatever! It has 2 rows of black buttons and if you’ve got the legs you want this skirt. And If you have fat legs and black opaques you want this skirt too $149. There is a cute black cotton tunic top with cap sleeves and a smattering of black jet jewels along the neckline. $149 (Everything is $149). Remember it’s about wearing this top for day with jeans and heels or with slouchy grey man style pants and a cardigan. Just because it has jewels does not mean it only comes out at night. Toss that daggy idea out the window with last night’s empty vodka bottle. Mix it! Get mileage out of wardrobe. So buy the little tweed black and white tulip skirt ( Yes $149 too) and wear it with the leather crop biker jacket $399 and red hosiery. Love the big, long line sleeveless cape with buttons down the front. It’s fabulous. It covers the bottom and can be your very own tea cosy. Cinch it in with a belt and wear it with leggings. Whatever you do keep it narrow on the bottom or you will look like J.LO. Before she had twins. There are a lot of fab knits here to choose from for those weekends away in delicious colours but the best one is the cable shrug: it’s chunky knit shrug/ scarf. You toss over your shoulders and it even has its own little pockets. Please buy all the accessories: love the long gloves (go for orange); the Marni style chunky necklaces, the clutch bags and the huge oversized cable knit scarf in a cream. You wear it with a Tee or a summer dress. It’s not about keeping your neck warm; for gods sake it’s about looking fabulous.
Fendi in David Jones;
It’s the ten year anniversary for Fendi’s baguette bag and you can find all sorts of fabulous new bags here to celebrate. And we love to celebbrate. So put down that wine and get shopping. Check out the cute window display with neon baguettes in bright green, red, white, pink or yellow. There are also gorgeous new baguettes inside waiting patiently to go home with you ….straight off the runway in the signature browns and black Fendi print and all sorts of colours. These are the best baguettes because they have absolutely no calories. Sugar and fat free. Apart from the bags the shoes are all just gorgeous and I mean gorgeous. There are divine patent ballet flats in every colour of the rainbow - you want them all - as well as fabulous platform ankle strap 40’s style heels $610 in an aqua blue or orange. Then buy the more classic brown leather platform heels and the fabulous dark grey and black suede ankle straps with a kooky surreal heel which has brass curling around it. Buy the fabulous belts with the signature F buckle in bright colours $415 and the cuffs with an F in silver in lime yellow $215. Heaven.
Quality, Quality, Quality! The fabrics here are so so luxurious. it’s classic but with a fashion edge. So many gorgeous pieces to buy. You will drool over the brown puff hem pleated chiffon skirt $1,189. Wear it with the most divine long sleeved orange silk blouse $669. Orange is a big colour trend into next season as well. Sob over the brown leather jacket with a fitted waist and pleated hem $1,989. it’s something to wear with jeans or a pretty skirt. Wipe away the tears and the Chanel mascara and then pat the caramel fox hair bomber jacket $3,569. So right for that trip to New York. There are delicious black high-waist pants in a tight knit wool and wide leg $479. excellent price; and silk blend blouses in all patterns and colours (perfect for work) also a great black straight pencil skirt $399. Buy the straight dark denim jeans with black top stitch $249. Even better price. Check out the VERY chic black looped patent leather clutch that has a metal chain strap $449. And then have the beautiful matching black looped patent leather high sandals with a silk bow at the ankle $629. And trot out the door…Thankyou.
It’s Versace’s season. Best picks? You must have the divine cream wool fitted jacket with a belt at the waist and cream lapin collar. it’s perfect for playing with puppies and children eating chocolate. Love it back with its matching twin: a high waisted A-line skirt $825. The fabric is gorgeous. Love the amazing black leather coat, which sits at the knee with a hood and trimmed with black lapin $4,510. Buy two. Wear to Gstaad. Checkout the brown patterned silk blouse with a frilled cuff on the long sleeve $495. It ’s also in shocking purple (nice), wear it with black wool wide leg man-pants. The grey cashmere double-breasted jacket is beautiful and sits just below the knee $1,535. Fabulous.
Roast Chicken with Orange, Lemon and Ginger
A gorgeous way to roast a chicken: the lemony ginger taste seeps through the chicken and it’s quite fabulous…
HINT: You must not be afraid to stuff a chicken with your bare manicure.
You need for 4 hungry girls, 3 hungry men, 10 models and zero vegetarians:
1 roasting chicken
Grated zest of 1 lemon, then cut lemon into quarters
Grated zest of 1 orange then cut it into quarters
3 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons butter melted, or olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to about 180 to 200 degrees.
- Remove Prada cream cashmere sweater.
- Remove Tiffany ring.
- Pull on black sweatshirt and track pants, tie hair back, roll up sleeves.
- Lock the door. Turn off video phone. No one should see you dressed like this.
- Pour a wine.
- Find a chic, small bowl.
- Find a lemon and zest it into the bowl.
- Cut the lemon into chic little quarters.
- Did you know lemon juice is great to use as a hand softener?
- Find an orange and zest it into the bowl too.
- Cut the orange into quarters. Delegate that to George Clooney. It’s not difficult. Even Britney could do it. (I think).
- Now grab the chicken and rub it with one of the lemon quarters. Chickens love a lemon rub. Ditch the used lemon.
- Chop, peel, then grate about 3 tabs of ginger.
- Mix the 1 tab of ginger with the lemon and orange zest . How pretty is that? So Mathew Williamson Spring 07.
- Now this is the tricky, icky bit…Open up the chicken’s backend and shove this zesty mix up in the cavity.
- Gulp down another wine.
- Now stuff both the lemon and orange quarters inside the chicken. Go on. You can and you will.
- You can squish them up till the juice runs out of the oranges.
- Poor little bird.
- Toss the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle it with lots of salt and pepper.
- Now melt the naughty butter or find the olive oil.
- Juice the lemon and oranges.
- Mix the butter, juices, honey and another 2 tabs ginger. Think face mask.
- Pour a little of the juice over the chicken and save the rest for basting.
- Throw the chicken in the oven and roast, basting with the citrus juice mix about 4 times during cooking.
- Cook for about 1 hour until it’s brown and crunchy as Donatella. or Until the chicken is cooked. This is a good idea because raw chicken is not so good.
- Read Vanity Fair, drink wine, fix nails. Buy a Balenciaga bag on Bluefly.
- Get the chicken out and let it rest for about 10 minutes; it’s been very busy.
- Serve with green beans or asparagus and fluffy couscous.