- "Yes, I’ve slept with her. Yes, I’ve spent several nights at her house. But she was only good for what her nickname stood for." Bobby Brown on dancer Karrine "Superhead" Steffans. Superhead? ..
- "There are no short cuts to being Madonna. It’s all about hard work”. Madonna (Just call me Super head).
- "When the photos came out, she was the first one to call me and say, ‘What are you doing? had to try and explain it to her and it didn’t go down that well” David Beckham talking to his mother about on his underwear billboards. ‘Go down’ are not the words to use. Superhead.
- "I’m sure people aren’t that interested in my marriage, Posh and Becks are much more interesting." Madonna (just call Posh Superhead)
- "Sex with Guy is incredible." Madonna. No short cuts. It’s all hard work.
- “She’s in great shape” says Britney Spears’ former manager, Larry Rudolph (he was referring to her left toe).
- "I love Cadbury Fruit and Nut, Crunchies and Maltesers. But my absolute favourite is a Cadbury Creme Egg.” Madonna ( she loves them; doesn’t mean she eats them).
- “In Hong Kong I would go around the factories all day, gather my suitcases full of samples and go back to my hotel room. At that time I was so skinny, I was a perfect women’s size eight. I would put everything on myself." Tom Ford does not Cadbury. He just tries on women’s clothes alone in his hotel room.
- “ I eat everything, I’m just an eater. If it’s free, I honestly eat everything. Last night I had steak and some lamb shank. And I had some roasted chicken and some cassoulet and some profiteroles and some ice cream and some cheesecake." And that’s not all. "Yesterday I had two different tarts and toast and a banana and a cup of coffee and a bagel with cream cheese, and a glass of fresh orange juice." Sarah Jessica Parker must be anorexic. She can remember everything she ate…
S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E S A L E
Who: Miss Chic Boutique are having a 50% off Clearance.
Where: 2/238 Palmer Street, Darlinghurst.
When: For 2 weeks only from today.
What: Missoni, Repetto, C’N’C, Zac Posen, K Jacques, Roberto Cavalli, Juicy Couture, Christian Lacroix, Michael Kors, French Sole, Givenchy, Moschino.
Who: Marie Claude Mallat Sale.
Where: Level 2, 2-12 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
When: Tuesday 8th & Wednesday 9th April.
What: Zimmermann, Kate Sylvester, Ginger & Smart, Fleur Wood, Yeojin Bae, Cohen Et Sabine, Arabella Ramsay, BIG & FIONA. Cash only.
What: The Cuff.
Which: You want a cuff this season. It can be leather, enamel or wood. It can be in a bright colour, silver, gold or patent. It cannot be attached to a padlock or a key or a grumpy man in uniform.
Why: Because cuffs work so well with all the strict winter tailring this winter. Because cuffs work so well with all the fabulous sleeve detail this season. Because they are a chicer accessory than earrings. Because you like to jingle when you walk. And warn people you are coming.
Economy: Head to Diva for a gold belted cuff $16.95, Equip for a black starburst cuff $14.95
Business: Mimco for chic black leather cuffs , Kookai for very Tiffany esque silver cuff $49.95.
First: Go to Louis Vuitton for black leather cuffs with gold studs $450, Fendi for orange and animal print cuffs $250 , then head to Hermes (pictured) for the only cuffs to be seen in…
Do your nails break every time you whip out your the wallet? Do your nails break every time you sign your credit card receipt? This may be a good thing. It could stop shopping. This may be a bad thing. It could stop shopping which is why you need the Inglot AMC Diamond Base nail hardener. It contains diamonds powder to reinforce nails, and has a snazzy high gloss. It also has a slight sparkle but you can cover that with nail polish. I have been using this for weeks and my shopping has never been better. Not a broken nail in sight. Just a broken bank.
$19.95 at Inglot stores nationally.
- The slideshow of the T&L design award winners 2008 www.travelandleisure.com
- Check out the making of the Burberry fragrance and interview with Agyness Deyn (real name Laura Hollins) and Christopher Bailey www.youtube.com
- i-D’s May issue is dedicated to the Agyness Deyn, the former chip-shop girl, with five, yes, five covers, including one nude one. In addition, there are editorials by Terry Richardson and another spread by Nick Knight. But wait! We’re not done yet! Deyn writes! She took a stab at an essay on Vivienne Westwood. Plus (yes, plus), her boyfriend, Josh Hubbard, and mother also write pieces about Deyn …from www.nymag.com
- Tommaso Aquilano and Roberto Rimondi have been named as the new creative director duo at Gianfranco Ferré and will debut in September with a spring/summer 2009 womenswear collection.
- A behind the scenes look of Elle’s cover shoot with Madonna
- Tyler Brûlé just can’t seem to get enough of The Financial Times. The consultant, writer and editor in chief of Monocle is rejoining the pink paper as a columnist for FT Weekend. Brûlé had been a columnist there from 2003 to 2006 before moving to its competitor, The New York Times-owned International Herald Tribune, where he wrote a weekly column for the past year on "urbanism and global navigation." He now will revive his old column, "Fast Lane," to write about travel, trends and high-end consumer goods. WWD.
- Madonna will be among the luminaries kicking up their heels at this year’s Cannes Film Festival. Madge will join Cinema Against AIDS chairs Sharon Stone, Harvey Weinstein, Michelle Yeoh, Carine Roitfeld at the May 22 gala.This year Seal has been tapped to perform, and a clip of the Madonna-produced and narrated film “I Am Because We Are,” about AIDS orphans in Malawi, will also be shown. …Reports WWD.
- Michelle Jank is preparing to return to the Australian runways for the first time in three years. The Paris-based, 31-year-old designer will show on the first day of Australian Fashion Week’s spring-summer showcase, which opens at Sydney’s Overseas Passenger Terminal on April 28. “It’s so nice to come back to do something like this. I feel like I’m coming back to my family,” said Jank. She is due to show her fall jewelry collection and relaunch her “demi couture” fashion line which has been on the back burner since she moved to Paris 18 months ago …Reports WWD.
- Christian Louboutin has a snazzy way of describing the high-profile location for his next Paris boutique. "Just across the street from Carla’s house," he joked, referring to one Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, France’s glamorous first lady. The two-level boutique, at 68 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré will be the shoe guru’s third Paris location WWD.
- The pungent fresh fish section of Rungis, the sprawling, wholesale food market outside of Paris, is the last place one would expect to find an "It" girl tottering around in a Jean Paul Gaultier couture dress and stilettos. But that’s just where Audrey Marnay ends up in a memorable scene from Cédric Klapisch’s film "Paris," now playing in French cinemas. The movie stars Romain Duris as Pierre, a young dancer with a potentially fatal heart disease, whose sister (Juliette Binoche) moves in with him after his diagnosis. While Pierre awaits a transplant, he is left ample time to sit and observe his fellow Parisians, including a gaggle of models played by real-life mannequins Marnay, Farida Khelfa, Suzanne Von Aichinger and Annelise Hesme.Khelfa, a former muse for Azzedine Alaïa and couture director at Gaultier, has wrapped a handful of film roles recently. One of Carla Bruni-Sarkozy’s best friends (Khelfa was a witness at her February wedding to French President Nicholas Sarkozy), she played herself in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and will next appear in Souad El-Bouhati’s movie "Française," which opens in Paris May 28, and Yamina Benguigui’s project for French television, "Aisha." Meanwhile, freckle-faced Marnay will play a vampire in director Raoul Ruiz’s next movie, scheduled for a release at the end of the year. "Fashion is not for me anymore," says the 27-year-old. "I’m too old and too short..reports WWD
- Is bread back in fashion? Who knows. But baguettes are back at Fendi. Scarlett Johansson, Kim Cattrall, Sally Hershberger, Marchesa, Chris March and the MisShapes all customized baguettes that will retail each for $2,500 on eLuxury.com starting April 17. All the proceeds to go to the charities selected by each designer..reports WWD.
- H&M Has announced its next designer collaborator: Comme des Garcons.
- Hermes has added an interesting extra to their already fabulous website:www.hermes.com
- Anne Hathaway’s boyfriend of the past four years, Italian property developer Raffaelo Follieri, was arrested and charged with trying to pass a bad cheque.
- Naomi Campbell was arrested for assaulting a police officer at Heathrow Airport.
- Paris Hilton was arrested. For crossing the boundaries of taste.
- •Katie Holmes has successfully completed Phase 2 of the Operation: Creepily Look like Husband. Maybe Tom Cruise will have sex with his wife now that she’s practically a taller version of him …reports thesuperficial. No arrest necessary.
- •Suri Holmes-Cruise has come out of storage.
- •Are George Clooney and Brad Pitt Having a ‘Bromance’? Two for the price of one. Will not be arrested.
- •Ivanka Trump is single again. Unlike another certain heiress we know,Ivanka is STD-free and runs her own empire …reportsthesuperficial
- Jay-Z and Beyonce went to court and applied for a marriage license.
- Heath Ledger’s uncle broke the news that Heath had an affair with anolder woman and she was pregnant shortly after they broke things off.Heath is not the father.
- The "pregnant man" is speaking out about his decision to have a child –saying, "I’m a person and I have the right to have my own biologicalchild." Arrest him now. www.oprah.com
- Britney is poised for a come back. Will then be arrested.
- Jennifer Aniston is caught with crack! (above) No arrest…..reports Jezebel
- "If you’re like me, you lie awake at night wondering if Madonna’s arms (above right) are still continuing their trek to becoming emaciated pythons of doom. Look no further, friend. She’s on our side. If danger ever sets foot in America, Madonna will unleash her Kaballah uppercut and send those terrorist bastards into orbit. Provided we always have dinner on the table and don’t ask where she goes at night." Reportsthesuperficial.
The Enchantress of Florence: A Novel by Salman Rushdie
A tall, yellow-haired, young European traveler calling himself “Mogor dell’Amore,” the Mughal of Love, arrives at the court of the Emperor Akbar, lord of the great Mughal empire, with a tale to tell that begins to obsess the imperial capital, a tale about a mysterious woman, a great beauty believed to possess powers of enchantment and sorcery, and her impossible journey to the far-off city of Florence.The Enchantress of Florence is the story of a woman attempting to command her own destiny in a man’s world. It is the story of two cities, unknown to each other, at the height of their powers–the hedonistic Mughal capital, in which the brilliant Akbar the Great wrestles daily with questions of belief, desire, and the treachery of his sons, and the equally sensual city of Florence during the High Renaissance, where Niccolò Machiavelli takes a starring role as he learns, the hard way, about the true brutality of power.Vivid, gripping, irreverent, bawdy, profoundly moving, and completely absorbing, The Enchantress of Florence is a dazzling book full of wonders by one of the world’s most important living writers.
$17 www.amazon.com Publisher: Random House (June 3, 2008)
The Christmas List:
Christian Lacroix on Fashion by Patrick Mauries, Olivier Saillard , Christian Lacroix
Christian Lacroix is one of the most inventive and admired fashion designers in the world and brings that expertise to bear in this delightful imaginary museum of historic and contemporary fashion. Each featured piece—whether from the Musée des Arts Décoratifs collection or the Maison Lacroix—is distinguished by its cut, its detail, its color, and its texture; and the pieces are juxtaposed and photographed in a way that emphasizes their relationships across the centuries “This is not a retrospective, but my own look at the costume collections of the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, from which I chose pieces from all eras, some never before exhibited. I then selected the strongest designs from the haute couture collections of the Maison Lacroix between 1987 and 2007, then arranged them according to themes—black and white, color, flowers, ethnic styles, and so forth—and linked them with pieces from the museum collection.”
$38 www.amazon.com Publisher: (Thames and Hudson April 28 2008).
There are some very cool but classic pieces in this week. Buy the following: the fab cotton knit polo neck slouchy sweater in cream , grey or black $79, perfect for weekends, the long line grey knit cardigan $119 and so is the chic de la Chic wool melton black peacoat $229. Excellent. Wear it with a skirt for work, or with jeans and flats on the weekend. Then keep shopping and buy the black sleeveless puffa vest $119; and the trench coats in both black or stone about $150. Check out the bags in patent now reduced to $89 so chic and then belts. There are fabulous classic Tee’s for about $34 and some chic wide stripe knit sweaters in navy and brown. Wear under your boyfriend school boy blazer, with skinny chinos and serious platforms heels for your ode to Balenciaga.
Always a great place for cheap but chic bags and shoes. Always a great place to find bags and shoes inspired by Marc Jacobs, Prada and Jimmy Choo. Bless. Check out the Marc Jacobs style black patent stand up totes. Don’t look too closely or you may see Nine West stamped on the plaque on the front instead of Marc Jacobs. But what do you want for $89? Wear them, love them, donate them next season. For an evening look try the matt silver (left) or dull gold small bags with a cut out disc shape on the flap $79. Check out the black multi gold zip two handle totes. In the short boot department you want the short round toe boots $239 in suede. Love the mushroom and taupe and of course the black. There are plain leather short boots too with a platform; fabulous. I see a lot of long boots but this winter is not a boot winter. Which is fine if you don’t live in Alaska. Or Melbourne. I much prefer short boots or chunky heels and opaques. So buy a new bag instead. If you want long boots – and you may be a dag and that’s ok- then check out the flat ones with a round toe here. You don’t want long pointy boots. Kate moss can wear long boots with short shorts. You are not Kate Moss. Sorry. Forget that idea right now. Then keep reading. And then buy the black suede long wedge boots with a round toe and the choc brown sude flat boots. Love the ballet flats here $159 and the fabulous black satin lace up shoe boots a la Marc Jacobs about $159. A must buy. The shoe of the season. Love the patent wedge peep toe heels in grey that have been sitting here waiting for you to buy for months….
Love the collection in store. Casual with a fashion edge. Check out the fabulous simple cotton jersey t-shirts with cute little, cotton puff sleeves in great colours such as cream and black. They are colours $69. Love the black boiled wool short crop ruched textured jacket $259 and the black double breasted peacoat in a quality wool $299. You want the orange, loose peasant knit top $79 to add colour in your wardrobe. Remember FiFi’s secret : it’s all about table top dressing. Get of the table it’s about how you dress from the table top up. Which means keep your hairy, fat, white legs and cellulitic bottom covered in black and brown and bring the eye up to your fabulous face and top. So that means buying the black and white stripe silk sleeveless tank about $89. Love the black and white print V neck dress, very Marni with short sleeves $199 Run over to the fabulous black, double breasted trench coat in a heavy cotton with epaulettes $299. It’s the same coat from last season which, of course, you bought already if you had obeyed me. You would now have had a year’s worth of wearing your $299. Moral to the story? Print out The FiFi report. Read. Shop. Obey.Esprit:There are some very cool but classic pieces in this week. Buy the following: the fab cotton knit polo neck slouchy sweater in cream , grey or black $79, perfect for weekends, the long line grey knit cardigan $119 and so is the chic de la Chic wool melton black peacoat $229. Excellent. Wear it with a skirt for work, or with jeans and flats on the weekend. Then keep shopping and buy the black sleeveless puffa vest $119; and the trench coats in both black or stone about $150. Check out the bags in patent now reduced to $89 so chic and then belts. There are fabulous classic Tee’s for about $34 and some chic wide stripe knit sweaters in navy and brown. Wear under your boyfriend school boy blazer, with skinny chinos and serious platforms heels for your ode to Balenciaga.
On sale. How thoughtful. Just when it starts getting cold. Rummage through the racks for some great buys. Keep away from any tunic tops except if you have a muffin top that is permanently attached. Then it’s law. That should always be covered up. Then start shopping for winter. Buy the silver satin skirt $169; and the purple cotton shell top with puff sleeves a la Marni $119. It’s table top dressing and a great way to add a jolt of colour to the wardrobe. Plus rich jewel colours are here for next season and this top is trans seasonal and will work now and into winter. Buy the grey slouchy pants $179 and the purple grey stripe poloneck sweater $99. Check out the cream or black shiny nylon puffa jackets $199. To be worn with a pencil skirt and heels. A la Burberry. Not for bush walking. Unless you love bush walking. There are some cute little tea cosy capes in cream cable knits. Very groovy $99. Love the grey or black poncho /cape; it’s long and sleeveless and tea cosy style too. Great for trans seasonal weather too. Great with jeans or leggings. Great for hiding those 2 almond croissants you had for Sunday breakfast. Called the Stitched cape $129. Love the grey long line V neck cardigan, so Tina Chow. So right. $99 and the black leather Chanel style collarless, short jacket $399. It’s the chic version of the biker jacket $499 with press studs. Buy the following: the long black patent gloves, the orange leather clutch ; the black chunky necklace and the grey patent T bar wedges. It’s all you need for the season.
Finally the new CK storeis open (Shop 13G, Sydney Central Plaza, 432-450 George Street, SydneyCBD) and you want it all. Simple, minimalist and chic. Not a tackycolour is sight. This store is talking my language. You will adore theblack poly/ elastane tank: there are no seams as the edges are heatsealed $229 (also comes in grey). I wish my hips could be heat sealed.Adore the black clean cut pant $429 and jacket $579; so minimalist andvery straight up and down. The black wool coat has long, narrow sleevesand a loose body with a tie at the waist $769. Versatile, understatedit’s so right for the new clean look for winter. Check out the greatbelts: the black saddle belt which zooms from wide to thin at thebuckle $179 ( as my legs do) or the grey patent skinny belt $179. Youmust buy the black organza-like pleated box dress; it’s sheer with aslip underneath so you don’t do a britney $749. It has its very ownleather barrel rope necklace, which can also be used as a belt or doglead. or just use to strangle your accountant. The bags and shoes arefabulous. Buy the black heels with chunks of leather strewn over thefront of the foot and a peep toe $749 or the cheap but chic balletflats $149. Love the black patent small bowling bag $599 and the blackblack leather doctors tote (pictured) $699. There is a chic silk spandex apricot(almost kaftan) summer dress which is in this month’s Australian Vogue.Not on the floor, you must ask to be shown it. It was bought forAustralia as an exclusive after it was shot by Vogue.
Lacoste is cool again and this store is cute (130 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD). I feel like a game of golf and croquet. Anyone for tennis? Great quality and great prices. The best item here is the shiny, wet look patent purple hip length jacket with long sleeves $439. Wear with the very chic dark denim straight leg jeans $259. You’ll also find here the signature Lacoste v-neck argyle sweaters in red, pink or blue. $279. How sweet. You want the gorgoeus thick cable knitted Marino jumper in white $369, so right for those weekends away. Or buy the thick knit olive green turtle neck jumper $439. Feel like excercise? You poor thing. Try throwing on the grey or red hoodies in a thick knit (excellent quality )cotton $209. Love the red and white striped knit with long sleeves $139 and the pink and grey argyle print v-neck top $329 with the cool grey skinny leg jeans $259.
Oh how we do adore you Jimmy. Please buy (me) the Riki medium sized bag in Chilli red (left). Such a perfect red and such a perfect price (new car or bag?) $2,690. Also buy it in the gorgeous aqua with gold trim. You will find here too all the new hot-off-the-rack collection of bags designed in collaboration with 1960’s artist Richard Phillips; vintage inspired multicolour hard clutch bags with magazine prints on the exterior $775. Very vintage and very Patricia Field. Not sure if this is a good thing. Very Quirky. Drool, scream and then sob over the blush platforms with patent black trimmings and ankle straps $1,200. Charlize Theron has been seen in them. She has taste. For an everyday bag you want the black large ‘Mona’ tote with a wide handle and pony hair front patch $2,550; Buy two or in the smaller version in pretty aqua and gold zips $2,050. You can see Carrie wearing the ‘Atlas’ heel in the upcoming Sex and the City movie in a greypatent leather. A masterpiece of design. $1,200. Now wipe away the tears, the smudged mascara and put away the black Amex. It’s getting Chronic Fatique syndrome.
House of Cashmere:
We love this store! Is there anything more luxurious and heavenly than Cashmere? The new winter collection is now here and I insist you skip, then run straight here (or stumble in your Balenciaga). Try the white rib knit cashmere hip-length cardigan with a wide collar. Divine. It is the ultimate travel companion $2,200. Who wants to chat to George Clooney when you can snuggle into this instead? Buy the beautiful gold metallic knit cardigan and top twin-set $2,310. And then grab the fabulous cashmere duffle coats in brown or black with button fronts and a detachable hood $3,520. Love the long line puffa jacket padded with goose down available in black or brown with a lapin lined hood $2,200. Poor little lapin but he will be loved. The longline suit jacket in a delicious shade of caffe latte is fabulous (very similar cut to the Henry Holland jacket that Agyness rocks) $3,338. Indulge in the most chic basic; the black ribbed high neck long sleeved knit $660 or the v-neck cashmere/silk sweater (pictured) $990 and throw it back with jeans and a blazer in winter for a very parisienne look. Then grab the choc limited edition roll neck long sleeved top $1,210 to wear with the divine black short mink trimmed cardigan $2,970. Mais Oui. Then hop on the jet with Jimmy Choo. St Barts is waiting….
Chanel is divine. Divine.com. Everything in you see in French Vogue est ici. How thoughtful. The stars and stripes story which is in every magazine has arrived instore and you will adore the exsquisite vintage button and camellia brooch $1,880 and the Camellia leather brooch $580. You must buy- I insist- the black round sunglasses with a brown frame - edgy yet chic. You will be surprised to see an 80’s version of vintage white sunglasses with a pink stripe on the black lens. The most divine piece is the black and white patent very high platforms with a T-bar front and it’s own navy and white sock. So 50’s. So fashion. So Karl. So for the Japanese tourists. The other standout is the black and red patent platform heels with an ankle strap. Very sexy. Then saunter downstairs to drool over all the divine Chanel suits and jackets especially the gorgeous cream wool knit jacket; $5,650. You may never come back.
Instant Chocolate Mousse…Adulterated from Nigella Lawson’s Express.
I love Nigella. She loves eating. And she loves eating deliciously naughty things like Chocolate Mousse made from melted marshmallows, butter and chocolate.
Incredibly easy you can whip this up at 6pm when you want dessert at 7pm….
This is incredibly rich so even the greediest fatty boomba will not eat alot…
You need for 200 models, 30 fashion editors and to make 8 little pots:
1 1/2 cups marshmallows (the mini ones are ideal as they melt quickly)
4 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
200g gram best-quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup hot just boiled water
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Walnuts for accessorising
- Find some cute white pots for serving.
- Take off pristine white Calvin Klein sheath dress.
- Remove Tiffany cuff and Hermes watch.
- Throw on daggy black track pants and old Tee.
- Get the chocolate out of the fridge.
- Get the butter out of the fridge.
- Put the wine back in the fridge.
- Get the champagne out instead. So much nicer with chocolate.
- Boil the kettle.
- Find a saucepan in the bottom drawer.
- Break up the chocolate into little bits, taste it to make sure it’s delicious and throw the rest into the saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows, the butter and the water.
- Make sure the heat is turned down to low you; don’t want to burn the chocolate
- Watch as it all slowly melts. If only your bottom could do that.
- Stir it every now and then but not too much you want the white marshmallow to stripe through the brown chocolate like a gorgeous Missoni towel.
- It should now be a fabulously, delicious, swirling mush.
- Put a finger in it a la Nigella. Suck. Don’t even think about the calories. She doesn’t.
- Remove it from the heat and set it aside to ponder the meaning of life alone for a while.
- Find a bowl, pour in the cream and the vanilla. Think crème de la mer. Do not apply to your face.
- Beat it baby. Beat it. You want it thick, white and fluffy. Think Elton John.
- Then fold it gently as you would a Prada dress into the cooling chocolate mixture
- You want it smooth, brown and glossy with a few white highlights. Think Donatella.
- Pour and scrape it into 6 or 8 small pots, glasses or bowls.
- Gently pop on a walnut on top of the mousse for accessorising. It won’t sink.
- Dollop a little cream on top.
- Chill it in the fridge until you want to eat it. That should be 5 minutes.
- Lick the bowl and the beaters. Scientific tests have proved there are no calories there.
- Wipe your face before George Clooney catches you with chocolate smeared all over your cheeks.
- Eat. You never really liked that sexy tight black Herve Leger dress…