"And I’m sorry if I have blond hair and blue eyes and my boyfriend looks like a vampire. What do you want me to do about it?". Evan Rachel Wood about her video with Marilyn Manson ( sorry? You will be)
"It’s kind of creepy that that many people have seen me naked, I feel like I’m the world’s biggest porn star." Marilyn Manson? No Spencer Elden,17, famous for the photo of him naked as the swimming baby on the cover of Nirvana’s iconic Nevermind album"At the end of the video, we’re kissing and it’s raining blood – and for me, that was one of the most romantic moments of my entire life," .Evan Rachel Wood about her video with Marilyn Manson. It’s raining blood hallelujah, it’s raining blood. Creepy.
"I’M rather pro-prostitution. I admire people who do it. It can’t be much fun. Thank goodness for it. People need relief or they become murderers." Karl Lagerfeld meet Marilyn Manson.
"I even had breasts that had mechanisms that could make them droop. It was a shock in the beginning. Talk about special effects!" Michelle Pfeiffer, on her dramatic transformation as an evil witch in her next film. (oh dear: it looks like I am already an evil witch) Creepy.
"I don’t know when I’m going to stop. ..He’s getting his teeth, so it is a little bit scary. He’s bitten me a few times!" Evan Rachel Wood on Marilyn Manson? No, Gwen Stefani, on breast feeding her son. Vampire.
“ Not to sound treacly, but it would be how my son’s bedroom smells when you walk in." Sarah Jessica Parker, on her favorite scent ( ewww. Not when he is 16).
"He’s an imperialist and a misogynist who kills people and laughs about it" Marilyn Manson? No, Matt Damon commenting on James Bond movies.
"I would sooner, in exactly what I’m wearing, walk on the surface of the moon. Does that answer it?" Charlie Sheen, when asked if he would father a third child with Denise Richards. The next James Bond? Moonraker.
“A quote, Mr. Armani, Just three words!” Not getting his attention, she shouted, “Are you on acid?” Hilary Alexander, the intrepid fashion correspondent for The Daily Telegraph in London, to Mr. Armani after the couture show.
"And I’m sorry if I have blond hair and blue eyes and my boyfriend looks like a vampire. What do you want me to do about it?". Evan Rachel Wood about her video with Marilyn Manson ( sorry? You will be)
Some people count sheep when they can’t sleep. I count my shoes. Best to start with your old ones. The daggy ones. The pointy toe stilettos. If you start thinking about your new Balenciaga platforms your heart rate will go up, your adrenaline will start pumping and you will never get to sleep. When thinking about your shoe collection it’s most important to have your shoes lined up and clearly visible for drooling. Which is why I was thrilled to find the fabulously cheap but chic clear shoe boxes. For just $2.99 you can store your shoes and stack them up for easy storage. They have a snazzy end that opens so you can easily grab your Chloe’s wedges in a hurry. One problem: it seems the clear shoe boxes are just not high enough to store platforms and wedges unless they you lie the shoes on their side. This is good for pointy stilettos; it’s time they had a nap. Start snoring in peace…
$2.99 each. Clear Shoe box from HOT DOLLAR; Lower ground WBJ.
• A fabulous hotel in Paris http://hotel-particulier-montmartre.com/ L’hotel Particulier de Montmartre has five suites all offering luxurious services, with contemporary design in the heart of Montmartre. The hotel is surrounded by an unusual and luxuriant garden. "Inspired and unusual, our hotel is original and luxurious, creative and extremely comfortable."
• http://www.t-o12.com/ is a new nightclub on Stuttgart’s notorious “party mile", a sleekly mysterious, pitch-dark space with white furnishings and massive black-and-white murals. The all-black walls, ceilings and floors together with the huge mirrors and tiny light spots produce an effect that is vertigo–inducing and fun…reports thecoolhunter.
• http://www.ikies.com/ looks lovely…head here to this hotel in Santorini
• Off to Vienna? Stay here http://www.doco.com/deutsch/index_hotel_de.htm
• Head here http://www.moonlighthead.com/lodge-sanctuary1.htm for a fabulous holiday in Victoria “ Moonlight is one of only two Australian products to be featured in ‘Elite Traveller’s’ Pure Decadence - 101 Best Suites of the Year”. http://www.elite-traveler.com/home.html
• Tom Ford’s perfume line has, from the beginning, taken the low road with its high notes. Or maybe, when he launched the line last spring, he just figured out how to make cologne funny and a bit skanky (sexy?), declaring that he wanted to make one of his twelve unisex scents “smell like a man’s crotch.” But does his scent Tuscan Leather actually smell like cocaine? Well, according to cognoscenti of that drug, yes, a bit. “That’s what everyone says,” admits a counter boy at the Ford store on Madison, who adds that one customer even bought a bottle because he thought it smelled like coke. http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/35827/
• Philanthropist, social doyenne, symbol of WASP aristocracy, Brooke Astor was a New York icon and her longevity was as much a part of her immense legacy as anything. Astor died Monday afternoon at age 105 of pneumonia, according to Kenneth E. Warner, the attorney for her son, Anthony Marshall. Funeral arrangements were not completed by press time. But her tombstone, according to her wishes, will be inscribed with the simple but apt words, "I had a wonderful life," her son said in a statement.
• Crikey: Bindi Irwin is to Launch Kids’ Apparel Range.
• AFTER yanking the plug on Jane, rumours are rife that Condé Nast isn’t done killing magazines in its stable. One insider said, "Teen Vogue could be the next to fold. Their ad pages are down and people are freaking out. A bunch of editorial staffers have recently jumped ship, including [editor-in-chief] Amy Astley’s assistant, and many more are looking for new jobs." A rep for Condé Nast said, "Not true. Teen Vogue makes money."
• LONG before "The Devil Wears Prada," there was "D.V." - Diana Vreeland’s eccentric autobiography. Now art dealer James Danziger has acquired screen rights and will collaborate with Nina Santisi, who produced the Isaac Mizrahi film, "Unzipped." "We see Diana Vreeland as the last of the great originals - a life force of creativity, individualism and flair - and plan to make a feature that celebrates her life and style," said Danziger. Who will play D.V.? While Adrien Brody in a wig would look more like the strong-featured Vogue editrix, the role will probably go to Sienna Miller. Reports style.com
Watch the documentary series ‘Signe Chanel,’ which chronicles the evolution of the Fall 2004 Chanel couture collection from idea to reality. "The series allows you to be a fly on the Rue Cambon studio wall; you witness things like Karl without his sunglasses and weird conversations between Karl and Andre Leon Talley involving rings and cocaine and condoms. You will also become intimately attached to the ladies of the Rue Cambon studio, so be warned, there are 5 episodes, each about 30 minutes - don’t start until you have time to spare,” reports Fashionologie
"Scouring the streets for the latest fashion finds is what Refinery29 is all about. Discover what new collections and accessories we’re pining for, the newest store openings in New York, Los Angeles, and beyond, the best buys in our seasonal shopping round-ups and trend reports, the best sample sales, and get the scoop on what’s in store at all your favourite boutiques from the shop-owners themselves." Cool.
• Things have been pretty quiet on the Britney Spears front. She hasn’t been hitting any new cars without care or concern (well, that we know of) nor has she been stripping down and diving into pools with random guys for at least 3 days.
• Paris Hilton is jealous Nicole Richie is getting all the press about her baby. If Paris really decides she wants kids she’ll end up getting one somewhere. My fear is that Paris will start collecting babies the same way she collects Chihuahuas reports the superficial.
• While Sienna Miller is being linked to Sean Bean, her ex-fiancé, Jude Law, is also rumoured to be romancing Cameron Diaz.
• Katie Holmes was photographed with a sleeping Suri Holmes Cruise. Someone forgot to bring along an extra set of batteries. It must be so embarrassing when your pretend robot child runs out of gas right in front of the paps ruining your perfectly planned photo op. Or maybe … it was planned to go down just like this! That TomKat is very crafty! reports pinkisthenewblog.
• Everybody’s favourite plastic surgery experiment, Tara Reid, was spotted on a yacht in Italy dressed like some sort of gypsy. She needs batteries too.
• Singer Amy Winehouse and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil finally admitted they have a drug problem and checked into rehab over the weekend. Apparently Amy collapsed last week after taking a cocktail of heroin, ecstasy, cocaine and the horse tranquillizer ketamine. You know when I would’ve realized I had a problem? When I was taking goddamn horse tranquillisers. Yeah, taking something meant for a horse is usually a pretty good sign you need help. Reports the superficial.
• There’s a "full on make-out session" between 63-year-old Sir Ben Kingsley and 21-year-old Mary-Kate Olsen in the upcoming movie The Wackness. Although I can’t figure out who has it worse. Sure, Mary-Kate has to make-out with a really really really old guy, but Sir Ben Kingsley has to make-out with a, uh, how would you even describe her? She’s like a creepy…hunchback…monkey. Go to the zoo, put some makeup on a monkey, then dress it up in your grandma’s clothes and that’s Mary-Kate Olsen. Reports the superficial.
• Britney Spears’ former bodyguard/manny Daimon Shippen was served two subpoenas by Kevin Federline’s lawyer last night to testify in their ongoing custody case. Can someone please just ask Brad and Angelina to adopt Britney’s kids and we will all be very happy.
• Lindsay Lohan did check into the Cirque Lodge rehab facility in Utah. Lindsay actually has to clean her own toilet. This place seems to take rehab way more seriously than Promises. Which isn’t saying much, since I’ve been to circuses that take rehab more seriously than Promises. Judging by the number of people they’ve actually helped, they could turn themselves into a bar and I don’t think anybody would notice.
Free Gift with Purchase: My Improbable Career in Magazines and Makeup (Paperback) by Jean Godfrey-June (Author)
‘The beauty editor of Lucky magazine, Godfrey-June endears herself to readers with her admission that even she - a woman who receives “between fifty and two hundred products a day” - has the occasional bad hair day, the kind that “takes over and infects your entire being, moving quickly from your hair to your skin to your expression to your entire demeanour.” Her memoir is fun, instructive and dishy (she used to work at Elle and recounts all manner of office brouhahas involving such personalities as the French creative director she calls “The Playboy,” and the American editor-in-chief, dubbed “Above the Fray”). A clued-in woman demystifying what is for many an impervious world will enthrall certain readers: this is what really works, and this is what’s bunkum. But other snippets like Godfrey-June’s thoughts on Chanel (buy one piece at full price and that’s it, forever) and the Victoria’s Secret fashion show (akin to a Siegfried and Roy performance), for instance - are less compelling. What saves the memoir from devolving into a series of pointless anecdotes is her constant awareness that her job is “impossible to take seriously.” Some people devote their lives to finding a cure for cancer, but “Me, I ponder lipstick.” Fabulous!
$16 http://www.amazon.com/ Publisher: Three Rivers Press (May 22, 2007)
The Christmas List
The 4 Dreams of Miss X (Agent Provocateur S.) (Hardcover)
By Agent Provocateur (Author), Kate Moss (Foreword), Mike Figgis
This astounding collaboration between Agent Provocateur and Kate Moss breaks new ground. Genius innovators in haute couture, AP have commissioned renowned film director Mike Figgis to portray Moss in her first acting role, resulting in four unique films: Shadows, Scale, Exhibitionist and Narcissus - The Four Dreams of Miss X. Enticing you into the dusky world of Miss X, the book presents both the scripts and stunning images from the films as well as a unique DVD featuring all four dreams. This is a must-have purchase for any fans of Kate Moss, film and fantastic photography.
About $40 From Borders Books or http://www.amazon.com/ Publisher: Anova Books; (May, 2007)
Memo: Attention all Fashionistas.
Further to the discussion last week regarding smock tops and Marni tributes seen in all the stores. Smock tops and empire looks are everywhere and will be until the end of summer. My advice? Buy them wear them, wear them, love them and eat up big (they hide everything). Then come next winter donate to them charity and start dieting. No food for you next season. Winter is back to a slender, slimline and a tighter silhouette. It’s all very 1940’s. In fact 1970’s does 1940’s. See the film The Conformist (Bertolucci 1970) for inspiration or Bonnie and Clyde with Faye Dunaway. It’s set in the 20’s but its very 70’s and very Marc Jacobs next season. Think Glamour, think shoulder pads (sorry but it’s true) and think Katharine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall. Think skirt suits. Think flat front, long line skirts, and bomber jackets. Think about ditching voluminous tops. ( Although the cocoon coats and Poiret inspired coats are still on trend they will need a narrow silhouette underneath. Now you know what’s coming you can be one step ahead as you shop for summer. Think narrow and lean. Think about how much you will miss eating donuts.
They say green is the new black and Sportsgirl have a new collection of organic cotton just arrived in store. Check out the cute cobalt blue shoe string mini dress with wooden buttons, $69 and the green puff sleeve, smock dress. There are also some groovy high waist short shorts in grey cotton $69. Yes, only for those born after 1985, of course if you are over 60 (years of age and kilos) and you want to wear them, go for it. The light denim chambray smock dress (or is it a top?) with cap sleeves is cool, $89. Check out the fab black cotton sateen pencil skirt with its own belt. This is a great shape because it actually narrows to the knees, a true pencil shape rather than the square box look -a very good buy, $99. There is a groovy Missoni inspired V-neck stripe knit dress or is it a top? $79 and please buy the groovy pleather bomber jackets as reported each week. Thank you. The light grey marle puff sleeve top is something you will wear all summer, $59. I see a little too much of a Boho vintage trip happening. Yes, the Balenciaga global look is a happening trend but it’s not where we want to go next season. We want to go to the mothership; Prada. So just buy the basic tanks in every colour, $14 and some silver ballet flats and keep shopping.
Good pieces to buy in here this week include the silver zip sporty luxe jacket, $149: it’s a short crop anorak without a hood, and the high waisted black cotton shorts with buttons along the side, $119. Check out the oatmeal soft knit zip hoodies, chic! $199; and buy the Marni esque, crop, stone linen jacket with black over stitching and a square cut, $89. Also check out the black button through tunic dress, $129 and the fine knit long line Prada esque cardigans. Wear with a waist cinching thin belt a la Marc Jacobs. Also buy the silver flat T bar sandals, $99. You will live in them for summer. Still here and begging to be bought is the black shift dress with big jet discs all over it, $249 and the black or stone cotton trench coats, $299. Love the chiffon square neck pleat front , sleeveless tank in soft blush chiffon or black, looks expensive $119. Buy the high round neck button-thorough sleeveless chiffon top with a balloon hem also in soft blush or black, and lovely to wear with a trouser suit for work or with chinos and heels for the weekend. Love it with jeans and chunky platforms too.
It’s a total tribute to Marni here. Bless. At least they have good taste. Check out the Marni Spring summer 07 collection that was shown in October 06 in Paris on Style.com ad you shall see. There is a blue and white spot loose empire cami with straps wide enough for a bra, $59; a cute Marni inspired leaf print dress, $109 with a belt and a navy and white check trapeze cotton cami, $59. Yes, I see smock tops galore here and I see the Marni inspired chunky wooden necklaces for about $29. Bargain. Also here are a big selection of trackie pants and hoodies in chic grey from about $29, well worth a look if you don’t want anything too low on the hips.
New in are some fab ballet flats with elastic sides and very Chanel with a contrast toe. In black they come with a black patent toe and trim but they also come in cream with a black, silver and gold patent toe and trim for $129. A Fab buy. Also check out the Jimmy Choo esque patent, cross strap, high sandals in black patent or in a snazzy white, $159. Also buy the blush pink patent peep toe heels, $139 and the flesh pink shoes will add inches to our height as they don’t break up the line of the leg so says L’Wren Scott - (Nicole Kidman’s stylist, Mick Jagger’s girlfriend and a designer of Ellen Barkin’s wardrobe in Ocean’s 13). Buy the silver bags here.
The jewellery here is looking great. The ‘Tuxedo rock’ necklaces are cool. They have crystals, brass and agate and big, chunky, modern jewels in black and white: divine. Also check out the slinky bracelets in bronze or silver, $99 and the fab stone pearl encrusted cuffs a la Chanel. There is a fab chain necklace which is made from big silver and brass chunky chains, very Marni inspired, $199 and the groovy perspex bracelets. Love the clutch bags and the big handbags in silver and gold (cheap but chic of the week).
Another tribute to Marni: I see a chic blue and white print floral print dress which is belted and loose, in an almost impressionist print about $559; and a big cream cotton coat with a drawstring, sporty neck tie details and huge silver buttons. There is a chic little black chiffon, double layer top with puff sleeves, $349 and a cream shift dress with bow front, $300. Buy the black and white smock dress in a heavy silk with a noire and blanc belt, $599 and the groovy drawstring chiffon strapless multi coloured dress, $499.
Always great pieces here: New to buy this week include the sporty luxe zip bomber jacket with ¾ crop sleeves with elastic cuff. It has an exposed silver zip $199, also in a cobalt blue. This would be great with a narrow pencil skirt or sexy narrow pants. Also great with a mini and a contrast tank under it. Buy the grey and cream silk stripe cami with a silk ribbon drawstring neckline and elastic hem $119 and the parachute sporty silk dress with outside pockets and elastic hem $229 in black or stone.It look like you can pull the rip cord. (Good for when you get your Amex bill! ) There is a fab drop waist grey marle T shirt dress $99. Love the groovy olive tanks, Tees, and the olive cami tops in cotton with an exposed zip and black grosgrain trim $99. The Marni esque T bar platform heels have sold out in black patent and silver but I hear they may have another drop. Hope so they are fabulous and very comfortable. it’s true. Also buy the red and cream stripe belts, and the cream patent belt. I told you to buy a cream belt since it was first seen nearly a year ago on the Marni runway. Please obey me if you haven’t already. It is key for summer.
Arthur Gallan AG:
I am very happy to report that there is finally a rack or two of the fabulous next summer collection; You want the silver shiny ( very Jil Sander fabric) sporty luxe jacket . It has big silver drawstring rope detail on the neck and big metallic rivets $498. There are some fabulous dresses here. The racer back dress is a fab dark silver linen $329, it’s sleeveless in a trapeze shape; and also check out the sporty silk parachute dress. It has shoesstring straps and all sorts of (groovy) zips, an elastic hem, big pockets and trickery on it $398. Also check out the racer back, very loose almost trapeze silk tops in lots of colours from red to black $249.Very Stella McCartney inspiration. I just ADORE the orange silk dress with cutaway shoulders and a high ruffle neck. It’s fitted to the waist then flares out, In black too $398.Buy the black satin dress it’s cut straight like a loose sheath dress with a double row of tiny silver buttons all down the front $340 ….and a lot more!
New bags just arrived from Miu Miu!! Love the donkey grey, almost silver, oversized pleat top bag with a long shoulder strap, $1500; and the blush pink square bag with a fold over top and gold hardware about $1800. fabulous. You want the pleated leather blush pink two handle smaller bag, $1400 and the structured cream patent stand up tote, $1998. Buy the Miu Miu peep toe, gold heels with a T bar, $848 and the fabulous new black patent flats with big silver chain across the toe, $648. You want the black patent round toe flat boots with the same silver chunky chains on the leg, $1048. Buy the Miu Miu blush pink patent short booties; love them with a spectator detail, $898 and the patchwork pink patent spectator classic pumps, $698. Also go for the Miu Miu ballets patent flats just arrived in with elastic sides about $600.
Weekend Max Mara:
It’s very classic here and there are not a lot of fashion pieces. Best buys include a cream and black classic long sleeve Tee for just $220. Buy the cute little ruffle front blouses, pretty in chiffon $325 and the gorgeous navy nylon silky trench with epaulettes $1250. Check out the beautiful blue ruffle top with black jet small little trim around the edges of the sleeves and the classic stone blazer $770. There is also a stone nylon blazer with zip and wooden buttons $770 and a cute stripe T in cream and black just $160. The orange knit cardigan with a white trim is chic and classic for about $300. The black and stone epaulettes DB trench is a good buy $1030.
Escada can be scary sometimes but this new winter collection is much more stealth wealth than flash trash. I spy a divine black patent drawstring top handbag with silver hardware for $900. it also comes in a fabulous dark blue , almost navy jade. Love it. I see a divine tan leather quilted zip bomber jacket, very snazzy $2780; some chic classic oatmeal wool classic trousers $575 and a funky single breasted black zip blazer/ peacoat $1155. Buy the grey classic cuffed wool trousers $555 and the grey jersey knit wrap and tie , almost DVF style $620. Chic.
Salmon with Soba noodles…A sensational recipe this is adulterated from Marie Claire Zest and a touch of Nigella. Healthy and addictive. What else do you want for dinner?
Serves 10 models, 4 people and 2 fatties.
3 salmon fillets
250g soba noodles
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsb of freshly grated ginger
2 garlic cloves
2 large red chillies or one small one
4 to 6 spring onions
Sauce … experiment and taste:
1 to 2 tabs peanut oil
1 tab limejuice
1 tab soy sauce
1 tab fish sauce
2 tabs Mirin
Sesame seeds and Coriander for accessorizing
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Throw salmon on a baking tray. No need for any oil. Just cook it simply like that. You will see it ooze oil. Then you will understand.
• Heat up some water for the soba noodles.
• Pour a glass of wine.
• Throw off Balenciaga platforms.
• Remove and hang up Chloe poet’s sleeve blouse.
• Chop up the garlic as small as your shares are now worth.
• Grate the fresh ginger. So much easier than chopping don’t you think? Watch the manicure though.
• Slice up the spring onions.
• Slice the chilli with a knife and fork so you don’t get a hot burning eye and ruin your makeup.
• Cook the Soba noodles.
• Then drain and leave in saucepan.
• Mix up the sauce in a bowl (not on the bench; it can get messy) Taste it and add more ingredients if you so desire.
• Oh go on have another wine.
• When the salmon is cooked let it have a little rest then flake in your hands to scatter over noodles later.
• Now throw the garlic, chillies, ginger, and spring onions in with the sauce.
• Then toss over the noodles on a very low heat and mix well.
• Now serve noodles in chic white bowls and scatter the salmon nonchalantly on top.
• Accessorise with chic little splashes of green coriander leaves and lots of sesame seeds.
• Addictive and healthy!