• "I’d rather be called Shanna porker and be a healthy average woman, then [sic] do what most do, to get that thin …" Shanna Moakler, on being "thrilled" with her post-baby body.
• "The complete truth is, I was scared of what people might think of me." Star Jones on why she refrained from speaking about having gastric bypass surgery. They would think she was a porker.
• "I feel like the asshole, the idiot, because I feel like I’m distracting from the other things that are important, like global warming and that kind of stuff. I genuinely mean that. And I don’t know what to do." Lindsay Lohan you are an idiot.
• "I’m a brainiac!" Britney Spears yells to the Paparazzi as she backs her Mercedes into another car. Idiot.
• “Britney’s next fragrance is a reflection of her soul. As she shares her beliefs, we reflect on our own. It’s a confident expression of optimism and individuality." A blurb for her new Believe fragrance…Become a Brainiac like Britney and smell like one too.
• "I must point out the hypocrisy of this crazy hysteria about my weight…No ones going to mistake me for Eva Longoria, and my god I am truly happy to be who and what i am, with my life and my expirience i can do so many things help so many people and make such a beautiful clothing line too! And maybe finish this dammed sript one day." Courtney Love please go back to Rehab. Brainiac (from her myspace page).
• “ I’ve put on 10 pounds (thank you Sprinkles cupcakes wich I must admit are overrated)". Courtney Love pretends she wants to be a porker.
• "Somebody needs to teach you some class, my friend. You don’t go grabbin’ somebody else’s, somebody’s husband’s [private parts], you understand me? That’s very disrespectful." Faith Hill, after a fan grabbed husband Tim McGraw’s crotch during a concert appearance. Ouch! Porker?
• "I just want to be nominated for an award for all the work I’ve done. It’s so funny - people forget that I played two characters in Parent Trap when I was twelve years old." Lindsay Lohan…I wonder why?
• "I wouldn’t violate … I’m much more responsible than that. I would not do that." Lindsay Lohan. She did. Another Brainiac goes back to rehab.
• "I’d rather be called Shanna porker and be a healthy average woman, then [sic] do what most do, to get that thin …" Shanna Moakler, on being "thrilled" with her post-baby body.
Regular FiFi readers know that every time I mention the shoe department in Target there are strict instructions to hold your nose. The smell of plastic is overwhelming (perhaps just spray yourself with Britney’s new fragrance. Believe. Maybe not.) But what ever you do you must sneak into Target and grab a pair of the amazing black patent, peep toe heels. With a sexy platform and the grooviest clear Perspex heel they are right on the money. You can even see the nails through the clear Perspex heel. It’s punk with an existential edge. How perfectly modern. How perfectly cheap at $39.99. Now head straight to Hermes to recover and take in a big, deep breath…
$39.99 Target Black Patent Heels
Fashion is having an eighties moment so you can guess who is back in the lipstick business? Poppy King. She has launched a fab new lipstick. “It feels as smooth and sheer to wear as a gloss but looks matte on the lips. I have designed 4 super sweet and subtle shades inspired by the colors of cheek blush so that finally a lip product can do to your lips what blush does to the cheeks… make them look glowing and romantic.”
She has also written a book: ‘Lessons of a Lipstick Queen: Finding The Great Idea That Can Change Your Life’ available in 2008.
• Feeling crafty? Buy and sell things all handmade here http://www.etsy.com
• A new groovy hotel in New York: Overlooking Columbus Circle and Central Park, 6 Columbus is the newest addition to Thompson Hotels. http://sixcolumbus.com
• Stay here in Santorini, gorgeous… http://www.katikies.com/santorini-hotels/index.html
• Stay here in Croatia, looks divine! http://www.suncanihvar.com/riva
• Head here for Time Magazine’s The Style & Design 100: Good design is everywhere these days. Great design - the objects, places and ideas that fuse functionality and aesthetics and then push the boundaries a step further to capture the imagination—is more elusive. Take a look at the standouts. http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/style_design
• Judges for this year’s £50,000 Man Booker literary prize threw one of the most remarkable surprises in its 39-year history…They tore up nearly all predictions and disregarded virtually all-star literary novelists with new books under their belts. The judges issued a list of 13 books (smaller than the 18 of recent years) containing only one expected title: Ian McEwan’s On Chesil Beach, which instantly became the 3/1 favourite of the bookmaker William Hill.
• Though fashion magazines’ September issues seem to contain ads for every clothing label under the sun, usually only one glamorous gal gets to grace the cover. And in surveying this year’s choices, it appears that editors - like gentlemen, definitely prefer blondes. Sienna Miller is on the cover of September US Vogue, its biggest issue ever. Apparently editor in chief Anna Wintour is a huge fan of the British actress - Miller also appeared on the magazine’s January 2006 cover. In Style spotlights Gwen Stefani, while W (also with its biggest issue ever) has Gwyneth Paltrow. Marie Claire opts for Ashley Olsen; Vanity Fair features supermodel Gisele Bündchen, and Harper’s Bazaar photographed Kate Hudson.
• Allure and Elle made more controversial choices. Allure chose pop tart gone wild Britney Spears. Why would a magazine about beauty put on its cover an unstable woman who shaved her own head, went to rehab and is a regular on celebrity weeklies’ worst dressed lists?
• Artist Takashi Murakami new exhibition, "(c) Murakami," will start in October at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles before traveling to New York, Frankfurt and Spain. The exhibition will be made up of 95 works, including paintings, sculptures and video works Murakami is perhaps best known in the West for his collaboration with Louis Vuitton, and there are plans to open temporary Vuitton shops at the exhibition sites.
• "The Grace Kelly Years," is a new exhibition at Monaco’s Grimaldi Forum. The exhibition, which includes many never-before-seen items and runs through Sept. 23, marks the 25th anniversary of Kelly’s death in a car accident at age 52. The exhibition will move on to London, Paris and New York. http://www.visitmonaco.com/mtny/home.htm
• After an investment of more than $80 million, Prada said Friday that it will not compete in the next edition of the America’s Cup scheduled to be held in Valencia, Spain, in 2009.
• After having lots of fun with Tom and Suri in Europe, Katie Holmes has parted ways with her keeper hubby and has jetted her way back home to LA. She’s about as exciting as a wet rag, but any time that she is out of Tom Cruise’s reach is a new chance for her to finally escape his clutches once and for all and win back her freedom. Honestly, I don’t even know why I care anymore … she’s pretty much all but lost to us at this point.. Reports pinkisthenewblog.
• Who was that looking tragic? Sheer blouse, satin hot pants, green contact lenses … yep, that sounds about right. Britney.
• Just 24 hours after Paris Hilton was in her undies at a Playboy party, she is now back to reading spiritual books with her trusty sidekick chihuahua. You know, I would just love to discuss the complexity of existentialism in spirituality with Paris just to see the look on her face as she discusses all that she’s learned so far from the numerous books she’s been photographed carrying around town ….Reports pinkisthenewblog.
• Kevin Federline is seeking custody of his two children with Britney Spears. I don’t really see how Federline can mess this up. Anybody who owns a computer or TV knows what kind of mother Britney Spears is. K-Fed could show up to court with a cage with "baby" written on the side and still end up getting the kids repots thesuperficial.
• Tyra Banks was spotted in NYC shooting a commercial for her talk show. Remember back when she was hot? Before she opened her mouth and everybody realized they hated her? Check out her thighs. I’m not calling her fat, but if a pie ever suddenly goes missing you’d probably want to question her first….reports thesuperficial.
• Singer Amy Winehouse collapsed from a huge drug overdose yesterday. They tried to make me go to Rehab. Yes, Yes, Yes. http://www.amywinehouse.co.uk
• Lindsay Lohan is in rehab again. Insert this story each week on repeat.
• Madonna’s adoption of her new son from Malawi is facing new problems and may completely fall through. But there’s no way she’s losing her kid. If she has to, she’ll probably just end up buying Malawi. African countries you’ve never heard of are usually pretty cheap…reports thesuperficial.
• Paris Hilton says that Nicole Richie will be, like, the best mom ever reports pinkisthenewblog.
• See Gwyneth Paltrow featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of W magazine: http://www.style.com/w
• Scary Spice Girl Melanie Brown got secretly hitched in Las Vegas in June
• Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton are pregs.
• Jack White and Karen Elson had another baby a boy named Henry Lee.
The Scandal of the Season: A Novel by Sophie Gee
Hunchbacked satirist poet Alexander Pope finds inspiration in the foibles of 18th-century London’s young, rich and arrogant in Gee’s shrewd debut. An erudite period piece filled with outrageous flirtation, social maneuvering and contests of wit. The low-born Pope is permitted entry to London’s upper echelons after some of his poems gain a gilded readership. The novel is sprinkled with literary cameos and jokes English lit majors will appreciate, while crackling verbal one-upmanship and crude double entendres should keep the hoi polloi turning pages. Gee’s take on the Paris Hilton-like figures who pranced through London 300 years ago manages to be simultaneously tabloid bawdy and academy proper.
$16 http://www.amazon.com/ Publisher: Scribner (July 19, 2007)
The Christmas List
Leroy Grannis: Surf Photography of the 1960s and 1970s (Hardcover)
by Steve Barilotti and Leroy Grannis (Photographer)
This collection, drawn from Grannis’s personal archives, showcases an impressive selection of surf photographs - from the bliss of catching the perfect wave to dramatic wipeouts at Oahu’s famed North Shore. An innovator in the field, Grannis suction-cupped a waterproof box to his board, enabling him to change film in the water and stay closer to the action than other photographers of the time. Equally notable is his work covering an emerging surf lifestyle, from “surfer stomps” and hoards of fans at surf contests to board-laden woody station wagons along the Pacific Coast Highway. It is in these iconic images when surfing was at its bronzed best
$26 Publisher: Taschen; New edition (March 15, 2007) http://www.amazon.com/
This week it’s official I don’t want to see another smock dress. I think we’ve now hit the peak. Remember next season (winter 08) is less about volume and more about a slimmer silhouette. Marc Jacobs’ show was all about a slim line skirt and a rib long line knit. So keep that in mind when you shop. If you go for volume try to go for a more voluminous skirts or a big cocoon coat as opposed to one with huge sleeve detail. That’s old news darling. If you buy a trapeze smock dress or tops for summer just don’t spend too much. Wear it love it thrash it and say goodbye.
I see a few cute little cap sleeve sweater dresses in grey, black and white $69; and a cute Chambray denim (have not seen that for years, very 80’s) denim smock dress with buttons down the front, $89. There are a few Balenciaga style hippy style scarves; you wear them worn thrown around the neck Arab style. This scarf and a global inspired dressing is a big look for summer but you need to wear it with something not all hippy like the Balenciaga school boy blazer to keep it from getting too BOHO NONO. I have talked about this before but if you need a reminder see how to wear it go to http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2007RTW/complete/thumb/BALENCIA. I know that Esprit has done a scarf well for $39. Also while you look at the Balenciaga keep an eye out for that fab blazer. You want it. Badly. Plus the stone chino jodhpurs and the outrageous shoes. They are US $4600. Buy 2. Now back to Sportsgirl. Love the cute Missoni inspired short mini dress with a V-neck and a fit n flare shape, it flares out at the waist to skim over all that cellulite. Buy this for $79 in oranges, reds browns and yellows or in blues. I see a chic black denim balloon skirt, a little short though for those with fat legs for $68. Buy the groovy silver zip front blouson jacket with a rib neck and waist band, $89. I love it. And the denim short sleeve blouson jacket with the same style of rib knit trim. Very cool, $79. You want the Chloe style ballet flats with a buckle across the toe in silver, $99 and the bangles on sale for under $5. Check out the groovy red or blue trimmed aviator sunglasses, $34 and the fab green lens aviators with gold trim. The woven pleather clutches are the go for day, $29.
Best buys here are the simple round neck Tee shirts for $24. You want a high crew neck in a Tee shirt; anything scoop with make you look old. There that shocked you into action. I said the 3 letter word: OLD. Yikes. If you are over 35 the only scoop top to wear is not a scoop but a V-neck. Ok, now keep shopping. I like the navy peacoat, belted with epaulettes in crinkle cotton $129, a great piece to wear now and into warmer months. The stone zip up blouson in cotton with a white stripe rib collar and waistband is a great buy, $99. And yes the hippy scarves are here -as above- for $39. The stone chinos look great, $119 and so does the simple classic cream canvas tote bag with red trim.
There are some good things to buy this week. If you want a smock dress - and you do want one - then go for the black one here with cute Burberry puff sleeves in black jersey, a great buy. It’s a little longer and looks great on those over 30, about $129. Also there are simple long sleeve white Tee’s here, a good investment classic, $39. Go for the crop nylon anorak sporty luxe jacket in a cobalt blue or black, great to wear now $89; and the classic stone chinos pants with side pockets $89. Wear the jacket and chinos together with a tank under and heels. Always chunky heels. Thank you. Check out the black cotton trench with epaulettes and belted, looks good though maybe a bit on the short side, $189 and the gorgeous sheer chiffon sleeveless blouse with a balloon elastic hem and a high neck. Great in black or pretty in a blush pink, $149. The cami top with a high neck and interesting pleats and creases is very Miu Miu in a blush pink, $99. As reported last week invest in the chic dark grey long line parkas to wear with leggings, $189. Buy the cute Miu Mui inspired light grey and white silk tan with front bow details, $99. You want the very Mimco small evening clutches in a silver or black and the Pierre Hardy inspired bags as reported last week. The Prada ish patent and silver peep toe heels (but the heel is a little thin) are quite good, $129. On sale are some fab wool melton peacoats now $149.
There are some new season shoes turning up here. I see some fab blush pink patent pumps, $149. Also in black but go for the blush it will lengthen your leg. Yes, please.
Also check out the patent clutches for day with silver handles, the black looks a little cheap but funnily enough the blush pink is quite good too, $59. The big oversized silver barrel tote with outside zips is very fashion! Wear it, love it for about $100. Also check out the silver stained converse style trainers. Check out the classic black patent pumps in a stamped leather, $129.
Myer Shoes Department:
Best buys here hot off the new summer collections shelf: Tony Bianco does Tory Burch flats, these are the hot flat shoes for summer. They have a gold or silver logo medallion on the toe and have elastic sides, $99 in black or silver. Or go for the outrageous copy - and it is - of the Miu Miu silver flats with a peep toe and big fat jewels on the toe. You saw them in Evelyn miles for $750 and fell in love now buy these for $109. Wear them for day, of course with your one and only cute trapeze smock dress or skinny pants. Check out the Urban Soul fabulous taupe sling back with a silver cone heel a la YSL. A great buy, for you $189. Also check out the Urban Soul black peep toe huge platform suede shoes with the heels in patent, $179 and the Miu Miu inspired black patent T bar flat sandals with black jewels from Miss Shop, $39. That is the correct price. Cheaper than Italian Vogue Non? And nearly as much fun. Also buy the flat sandals in black patent with a 1-inch wide T bar, a fab buy about the same price. Buy the Robert Robert silver flats with a buckle, $179 - very Roger Vivier. If you want shoes that are not too high, shoes that you can actually walk in and not just sit around in Limos and go out to lunch in then buy The Robert Robert black patent cross over strap sandals with a sling backs with a YSL style cone heel $179. Fab. Also buy the Urban Soul silver gladiator sandals with Christmas ball decorations on the T bar…Jingle Bells! $149. The Urban Soul Marni cross over strap shoes with a sling back and a silver cone heel are a must buy. Flattering on the foot, not too too high and a dash of silver on the heel so they are more than just basic black, $139.
Since I am doing the great shoes shop marathon why not check out the Miu Miu tributes here? You know the shoes from Evelyn Miles last season: it has a thin heel completely covered in diamantes. Ok not for work. Good for evening if you keep the rest of your outfit simple. In black satin with a sling back and a peep toe, $299. A bit Special. Also go here for the classic black patent pumps, $269 and the open toe sling back wedges, love these because they are not too high; you could even walk a couple of paces in these with out crying out in pain or asking for wheelchair (or be carried by your young handsome driver), $269. Also in blush red or black.
There is always a few fab pieces in here from either Fillippa K or from Funkis’ own label, check out the fab Funkis nylon zip up blouson/bomber jacket. I love the orange - it’s very bright - not something you would wear to escape the Paparazzi. Also comes in chic de la chic grey and of course black and white, $195. Also Buy the Filippa K black nylon short trench, $279 and the zip jacket in a heavy nylon style fabric a la Marni, $230. The Funkis sleeveless Tunic top is cool, $165 and so is the divine Marimekko big chiffon print smock dress. It’s not in the modern Marimekko flower print – oh no- but in a very pretty leaf print, $458 in purples and black and white with big poets sleeves. Also check out the Marimekoo modern flower print and graphic print skirts on sale for half price - a hot look for summer now about $90.
It’s a great collection this season and I hear a lot is selling out. I think I missed out on the silver and black T bar wedges a la Marni. Damn, $149. Best buys are the fab zip front knits. Go for the grey knit with exposed zip and black trim and a high collar, $149 and the black zip cardigan top with short sleeve and in a sporty fabric. Also check out the black cami with the olive straps and empire fabric insert with a groovy exposed zip front $89; and the light grey T shirt dress, $119. There is a cute drop waist low waist dress with cap sleeves and an olive trim in a cotton, $129. Fabulous and so, so easy to wear. Buy the chinos, $99 they are a great cut and then the groovy drape Tee’s with the elastic neckline, $69. You want the cute little sporty luxe jacket: a must buy in any of these colours: Blue, red, light grey or black, $189. Wear it with everything in your wardrobe from a pencil skirt to a beaded top. There is the fab black bejeweled shift dress (as seen on the C R catalogue cover in white) which is very good Miu Miu inspired dress, it’s a little short but with black opaque hose you should be fine if you need to cover up your fat, white, hairy cellulite, $249. And the skinny black silk pants are fabulous, $129. Buy up the accessories such as the patent belts are you were instructed last week. Thank you.
The Corner Shop in The Strand Arcade:
A fab new selection of all sorts of great designers here, check out the shoes and bags first. Of course. Go for the fabulous Miu Miu red patent sling, peep toe back wedges, $620, the Marc Jacobs most lovely blue or black patent classic pumps, $495 and the must buy Repetto ballet flats. As reported they are THE ballet flat to wear, the original and the chicest: http://www.repetto.com/home.php. Get them here in a classic black, a patent black or red and a gold glitter, $325. Buy the red Miu with white stitching and stud Tote and the Biba black patent clutch. Groovy. Check out the divine Miu Miu oversized bag in black, $2500. Buy the Vanessa Bruno black sheer blouse, $525; the white and silver Tank, $345 and the gorgeous silver V-neck square smock top with crop sleeves, $425. There are so many great pieces here to buy including Philip Lim and Vanessa Bruno but you know that.
Oh go on head here to drool over all the divine clothes for pre fall. You want black zip puffa jacket, $9000; beautiful and the black satin tank with pleats and an interesting creases along the front, $2000. Buy the black ruffle princess coat - amazing, $4800 (so is the price) and the fabulous simple but oh-so-chic long wool grey peacoat, $4200. The grey silk tank is amazing, it has a print of flowers in black and white just along the neckline, $1500. The blush pink belted taffeta trench is lovely and so is the black cashmere ruffle knit tank, $1500. There is a beautiful navy sweater with an amazing exposed zip detail along the side, $3200. And more….
David Jones Bag:
I spy still more designer bags: I see they now have Zac Posen bags here. Well I never. Buy the black patent one with interesting brass hardware and studs, $2395. Also there is one in a doctor bag shape in plain black with black patent trim,$2995. Cool. In Chloe there are a couple of new ‘Bay’ bags in black, $2800; and I see a few more Betty bags. A small one, $2300 in white and also one in light tan and one in a darker brown $2800. Also as reported the selection of marc Jacobs Stam bags is quite good here, $3300. Buy two. Go for the silver but keep away from the crazy green Jade. Also I love the Chloe wallets, almost a clutch bag in a few colours for about, $800. That should keep you going for another week…
Libyan Pumpkin Dip….This was in Good Living last week and it tickled my fancy and then my palate. Delicious and spicy as a dip or served with lamb relaxing nonchalantly on top
You need for about 6 fashionistas
500g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 small fresh red chilli
Juice of 1 lemon
60-100ml extra virgin olive oil
Fresh coriander for accessorising
• Peel the pumpkin then cut into chic little 2cm chunks. Delegate this to george Clooney. It is too dull and tiresome.
• Put the pumpkin in a saucepan with 150ml water and simmer for about 10 minutes or until soft. It cooks quickly.
• Pour wine, cry over the stock market crash (and that new Chloe bag).
• Drain the pumpkin well or it will be too soft, watery and mushy. As your thighs are after winter.
• Let pumpkin cook then season well with a little salt and pepper.
• Mash the pumpkin with a fork. Think of ex boyfriends and you have it ground to a pulp in minutes.
• It should be nearly as smooth as Crème de la Mer. Now set aside.
• Head to the stove and dry-roast the caraway and cumin seeds over a medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, until they start to smell gorgeous.
• Throw into a pestle and mortar. Think of ex boyfriends and you have it ground to a pulp in minutes.
• Now chop up garlic and chilli into tiny bits and add that with a pinch of salt to spices.
• Smash more. Work it up into to a smooth paste.
• Now add the spice mixture to the pumpkin along with the lemon juice.
• Mix it all through, then stir in the olive oil.
• Taste. Pour another wine.
• Add lemon juice or olive oil if it’s too hot.
• Serve either hot or cold as a dip with lots of naughty carbs such as hot pita bread
• Or dollop on a chic white plate with a lamb fillet relaxing nonchalantly on top and accessorised with fresh coriander .
• No calories there! Sensational and spicy.
Amazing Grace… Directed by Michael Apted (7 UP documentary series, The World is Not Enough, Coal Miner’s Daughter Gorillas in the Mist, Engima) from an original screenplay written by Academy Award nominee Steven Knight (Dirty Pretty Things. Produced by Terrence Malick
Based on: The True story of 18th-century British politician William Wilberforce who makes it his mission to end slavery in the British Empire.
Genre: A Chick, flick, romantic Period Drama that the boys will love as well.
Who: Ioan Gruffudd, Albert Finney, Michael Gambon, Romola Garai, Rufus Sewell, Toby Jones.
The Plot: 1797 England. William Wilberforce (handsome Ioan Gruffudd), is young and sexy Member of Parliament. Lives in a gorgeous house. Finds God. Loves animals. Sets up RSPCA. Wants the abolition of slavery. He is THE dream man. But the bill is always defeated in parliament. He has powerful enemies, Lord Tarlton and the Duke of Clarence.. But it’s Ok he is best friends with the Prime Minister. His mentor is John Newton (Albert Finney), a former slave-runner now a monk and famous for composing the hymn, AMAZING GRACE. Bless. Flash forward 20 years. Has terrible illness. Takes Opium for it. That’s his excuse any way. Meets gorgeous, young girl. Takes up cause of ending slavery. Marries girl. True love. The end.
Acting: Albert Finney is fantastic. Oscar worthy.“ Grufudd is fine, passionate and single-minded, though overly Romantic, and quietly upstaged by the extraordinary Benedict Cumberbatch.” Time Out.
Photography: Absolutely divine. Remi Adefarasin was nominated for the Academy Award and won the BAFTA for his work on Shekhar Kappur’s Elizabeth. Recent credits include Match Point and Scoop, and the sequel to Elizabeth: The Golden Years.
Design: It’s all too beautiful. Gorgeous English homes, fabulous rooms, divine furniture, amazing gardens. If you don’t listen to the dialogue you could just soak in the visuals.
Wardrobe: It’s Dries Van Noten meets Ralph Lauren. Who can resist a handsome man in long boots and breeches? Gorgeous, rich jewel colours and the mix of divine fabrics means it’s a veritable fashion feast. Jenny Beavan won the Academy Award® for Best Costume for A Room with a View and seven nominations for Gosford Park (2001), Anna and the King (1999), Sense and Sensibility (1995), Remains of the Day (1993), Howard’s End (1992), Maurice (1987) and The Bostonians (1984), the latter four produced by the Merchant Ivory partnership..
Salon de Beaute: Ioan is very handsome and loves a wig. Head of makeup Jenny Shircore won the Academy Award and the BAFTA for Elizabeth and was nominated for a BAFTA for Girl with a Pearl Earring.
Botox: one small dose to deal with the suffering of slaves. Bless.
Waterproof Mascara: Apply lashings of Aqua Lash as required for all chick flicks.
Blood ’n’ Guts: There is more talk about the torture of slaves than any visuals.
Mind drifted to shopping: Never (Except when drooling over all the beautiful clothes)
Smokin’ smooches: Romance but no gratuitous sex scenes. In fact there are no sex scenes. At all. Sorry.
Car chases: Zilch.
Tagline: Behind the song you love is a story you will never forget…..
Rename It: Reds meets Pride and Prejudice.
Best Review: “An inspirational, moving and wonderfully well-told story that comes to the screen at just the right time” Maxim.
Best Worst Reviews: “Earnest, respectful and thoroughly dull, Michael Apted’s Amazing Grace follows all of the worst traditions of British historical dramas.” Premiere Magazine.