• “I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26-years-old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me” Paris Hilton
• “ It’s going to be funny as hell watching Paris Hilton try to act smart. She’ll put on some fake glasses and a lab coat and try to work in words like ‘molecule.’ They won’t even be sentences. They’ll ask her a question and she’ll just say "Molecule" and then nod her head in satisfaction” reports Thesuperficial
• “My spirit or soul did not like the way I was being seen.” Paris Hilton finally realized her sense of style is tacky and is now being punished for it. (still acting dumb?)
• " I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance." Paris Hilton to Barbara Walters
• “My skin is very dry because I am not allowed any moisturiser.” The new very Spiritual Paris Hilton on being in jail
• " I’m not that superficial girl. I haven’t looked in the mirror since I got here." Paris is counting the days till she can look in the mirror.
• "All I had to so was scrub some floors and hit my maid." Naomi Campbell on why she was on the cover of W magazine ( after doing community service).
• "I wasn’t afraid of dying as much as I was really afraid of getting my hair cut. It might sound funny, but it’s true." Marilyn Manson dying for a makeover.
• ‘I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it’s true lightness.’ Alicia Silverstone is clueless.
• "I realized how completely naïve I was to think I had a difficult life. It was as if someone slapped me across the face and said, ‘Oh, my God, you silly young woman from California, do you have any idea how difficult the world really is for so many people?’ I got out of myself pretty quickly." Angelina Jolie on her first trip to Sierra Leone. Someone please put Paris Hilton on a plane to Africa.
• “I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26-years-old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me” Paris Hilton
Great things about cold, rainy weather:
- Scientific tests say you must eat chocolate for energy and warmth. All day.
- Scientific tests say you need to buy more Crème de la Mer to counteract the elements.
- You can wear your Burberry trench.
- You can wear your Marc Jacobs gum boots.
- You don’t need to shave your legs for days. And days.
- You can blame your curly hair on the rain.
- You have to drink more whiskey to keep warm.
- You can blame the muffin top on all your layers of clothing.
- You can snuggle into the fabulous fake fur Mink throw. Now on sale at Bed Bath n Table for just $59. It’s chic, warm and totally luxurious. Scientific tests have proved it.
I know. There are some places that can be really scary .The bathroom mirror first thing in the morning. Ikea. The Brazilian waxer’s waiting room. The fitting room in Target. The overpowering, bright light combined with a back mirror is more terrifying than Britney Spears. But courage please! The collection of the hot Australian designer, Josh Goot, is arriving in Target stores on June 19th. With his own clean, simple point of view that never seems to waiver he has a look that is totally modern. The look is very Helmut Lang, and minimal, sleek and sexy. Hint: Buy what you like then try it on at home. You will never be afraid.Check out the whole Josh Goot collection for Target here:
• ‘Christian Dior’s July 2 couture show is shaping up to be a blockbuster. First came the news that the models have been asked to arrive at the venue—a little place called Versailles—eight hours before showtime. Now we hear that none other than Naomi, Christy, Linda, and Kate will be walking the runway. (The last time John Galliano came close to having that much supermodel superpower on his catwalk was Dior’s Fall 2005 couture show—and that season, Christy and Kate were otherwise occupied.) What’s more, the fantastic foursome is said to be hosting the house’s 60th anniversary after-party. Marie Antoinette, eat your heart out’ reports UK Vogue.
• For her fall Collection campaign, Donna Karan has gone after the next big thing. Australian model Catherine McNeil shot by photographer Mario Testino, who discovered her.
• In New York check out the Richard Serra retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art, http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/.
• Bono and Vanity Fair editor in chief Graydon Carter clearly are thinking big when it comes to the magazine’s Africa-themed July issue, which is being guest edited by the rock star-philanthropist. While multiple covers on magazine issues have become almost standard, the magazine could publish as many as 20 different covers, all shot by Annie Leibovitz. says wwd
• You’ve already checked out the Venice Biennale this week ? Time now to head to Art Basel http://www.artbasel.com/go/id/kh/
• In Paris for summer? Sarah Lerfel of the boutique Colette reports on style.com” At Colette, we will be doing a bicycle exhibition called Joy Ride. It showed in New York two weeks ago and is coming to Paris. On Wednesdays, there is a party on a boat called Respect. It’s great for dancing. Also, lunch at the Le Saut du loup at the Decorative Arts Museum—it overlooks the gardens of the Louvre and is very good.”
• Off to London? UK vogue reports " San Domenico House, a red-brick boutique hotel tucked away in the leafy back streets between South Kensington and Chelsea, is becoming a secret staple for VIP visitors during London Fashion Week. "All the foreign press and buyers stay there - Anna Wintour even," says designer Melissa Odabash. "Well not all of them - because there are only about 15 rooms, but the place apparently has a Louis Vuitton-themed room, so it’s perfect for the fashion industry." http://www.sandomenicohouse.com/
• Tamara Mellon has signed a deal with beauty brand Selective Beauty, which will see the first Jimmy Choo fragrance launch in Spring 2009.
Style.com says ‘A digital fashion magazine available solely in disc format, FLY DVD has been attracting interest from the fashion-meets-art set since its first installment launched at Art Basel Miami in December 2005. Look for more videos from FLY’s premier issues on Style.com in the coming months. But click here to see John Malkovich’s Russian Revolution http://www.style.com/ …The actor leaves Moscow, lands in London, meets up with friends, has too much to drink, and finds a surprise in his suitcase. Did we mention he’s a cartoon?’ groovy
It’s Kooky …” The game allows users to create their own clothes, design a shop floor and try out H&M branded merchandise” . .
• Paris Hilton was transferred from one Jail looney bin to another one. She is asking for your prayers. She needs them.
• There are wild reports about Paris Hilton’s stay in prison. One friend claims "she had to use a sock as a scrunchy because her hair extensions got tangled." Put a sock in it. ‘This is the woman who’s tired of pretending to be dumb. What’s going on in that brain of hers? If you x-rayed her head you’d see a kitten pawing at a ball of yarn. By the time she’s released she’s going to be caught trying to dig her way out with a spoon.’ Reports thesuperficial
• Paris Hilton is still getting preferential treatment in Jail. ‘Anybody who thought Paris would be treated fairly must be completely out of their mind. I’m surprised they haven’t awarded her the Congressional Medal of Honor and bought her a pony” reports thesuperficial
• Victoria Beckham arrived at LAX and then had to de-Louboutin herself as she passed thru security: How did a robot like Posh managed to make it thru the metal detector without making the damn thing explode.? Social X Ray ( reports Pink)
• Pamela Anderson celebrated her 40th birthday and her boobs their 21st.
• In breaking news! Adam Brodywas seen walking.
• Victoria Beckham was seen holding a baseball bat. It was hard to tell what was thicker..
• Britney Spears was seen with her dress on backwards. Explains why she doesn’t know whether she’s coming or going
• Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts are not married – even though the actor told reporters that they’d tied the knot.
• Jennifer Aniston has a new man. A model.
• Model Eva Herzigova had a baby boy
• Christina Aguilera may be pregnant.
• Katie Holmes has a new Posh haircut. This is called news. …’What is it with robot wives and bob haircuts?…She looks a lot like Tom Cruise — but taller. Says Pinkistehnewblog
• Britney Spears flashed her panties…again…and again. Pray for her too.
‘The Diana Chronicles’ By TINA BROWN
Only Tina Brown, former Editor-in-Chief of Tatler, England’s glossiest gossip magazine; Vanity Fair; and The New Yorker could possibly give us the truth. Tina knew Diana personally and has far-reaching insight into the royals and the Queen herself. In The Diana Chronicles, you will meet a formidable female cast: Diana’s sexually charged mother, her scheming grandmother, the stepmother she hated, bad-girl Fergie. Add Camilla Parker-Bowles into this combustible mix, and it’s no wonder that Diana broke out of her royal cage into celebrity culture.
“Tina Brown has produced something that is, as well as absorbing and stirring, witty and penetrating.”–Christopher Hitchens, author of God Is Not Great
“Intensely well researched and an un-put-down-able read, Tina Brown’s extraordinary book parts the brocaded velvet on the most famous person on the planet. Written by a superb investigative journalist.” Helen Mirren
$20 www.amazon.com/ Publisher: Doubleday (June 12, 2007)
The Christmas List
Riviera Cocktail (Hardcover) by Edward Quinn
Edward Quinn photographed everyone from the worlds of art, music and literature including images of an unknown Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly’s first meeting with Prince Rainier, and a precocious Bridget Bardot.. The French Riviera of the Fifties was an exciting place with much change in the air. Rock and roll and the bikini, existentialism and the atom bomb. Edward Quinn chronicled a playground that was influenced by international trends, but very much its own universe. On the Riviera every night was a party…
$59 http://www.amazon.com/ Publisher: teNeues; Mul edition (April 15, 2007)
Sales Sales everywhere! Just in time for cold winter dressing. How perfect. What to buy to take you through to next season? “A sprinkling of bejeweled embellishment, some serious shoulder appeal, and a whiff of a thirties silhouette“Style.com says of Lanvin’s winter 07 collection.Keep that in mind as you search through the sales. Look for grey, black, and choc brown. Then buy dresses, dresses and more dresses. It’s the Item du jour for next summer and into next winter. Look for short trapeze shapes or simple and understated sheaths. Then keep an eye out for capes or ponchos, a pencil skirt or even tulip skirts. You want a peacoat and skinny black pants. Invest in any chiffon blouses, these are big news for next season too. Even go for a few ruffles. Buy up big in the sporty influenced trend. It’s modern and so right for now. Buy anything with a zip or a hood and you are go for launch. Colours? You want red, orange and pink. Wear them together. You may like a few little sequin tops to add a little bit of je ne sais quoi. You want chinos as a tribute to Balenciaga’s jodhpurs .Keep away from too much volume or anything too 50’s retro. It’s all about a more streamlined and refined silhouette. Keep away from anything too frou frou, bright neon colours unless you are under 25 and long skirts. The skirt length is just on the knee or seriously short if you have the legs. Modernism and a very 70’s look is the key to next, next winter (Marc Jacobs is the Man). In accessories: buy up on clutch bags for day. As reported here at FiFi HQ the oversized bag has hit it’s zenith. Buy platform heels, wedges with a wood sole and T bar patent sandals. A classic round toe pump is chic as well. Be afraid of pointy toes. They are so out they are just about to come back in. Go for jeweled accessories such as cuffs, or shoes but keep away from too many studs or logos. Keep away from boots. That tucked into jeans look is so last season. Sorry. You may wear boots just don’t buy them. Instead throw on the opaque hosiery and your favourite wedges and hit the shops! Armed with FiFi’s inside scoop you can’t go wrong…
On sale… check out the little poloneck sweater dresses in bright colours now $39; the cute little navy cotton poets tunic dresses now $39 and the fab silver or gold sling back heels now $59. A great buy. Throw the silver shoes with all the grey and black you have staring back at you from your wardrobe. They will make you smile. Also check out navy patent heels pep toe heels now $49. Buy the dark gunmetal silver chunky bangles $19 not on sale but so right and of course the wooden bangles will look fabulous piled up your arm too. There are rows and rows of cheap T shirts on sale. It does my head in. Buy the trapeze wool melton cape style jackets now $129 and the black textured wool melton peacoat not on sale for abut $299. Chic! Love the navy shiny anorak, it’s cool $129. The silver Chloe style buckle flats are a great buy $129.Esprit:
Best buys on sale are the cord blazers, now $79 in navy, black or Khaki.; the peacoat in black which is a fab cut, great fabric and just too chic. It’s a must buy now just $149. Bargain. Also check out the chinos now about $69 and the short trench coats for about $69. Also the T shirts are good here too.
On sale. Checkout the handbags and go for the dark grey oversized, very Marc Jacobs bags now $129, and also the oversized tan bag now about $120. The shoes are not so exciting. Buy the parkas on sale in silky grey with a lining and the little t shirt trapeze dress in grey marle about $79. The silver sequin tank is now $99 and a great buy. It has a chiffon lining and is hot for next season $99. Wear with jeans or chinos. Also check the black satin pleat front high neck sleeveless tanks, so Prada and so awfully chic, now reduced to $99. But wait there’s more! The black subtle sequin batwing mini dress is not on sale but a great buy for you $199. Love the anoraks with a fur collar $149 and the cute short trenches for about $199.
Country Road: On sale! Check out the grey wool button through pencil skirt now $99; the long sleeve stripe T’s now $39; and the choc brown or black navy red short sleeve classic T’s are a great buy too, now $19. There is the groovy cream and red check cotton cami top now $39 and the silk buckle front camisoles now $39 as well. Check out the grey V neck sweaters with a rib waist now $69 and the navy pinafore dresses. Best buys are the chinos in a choc brown $128; the dark denim jeans $99 and the grey stripe trapeze T shirt dress (perfect for holidays in the sun) is $59. Also check out the rows of T shirts, and fab ballets flats all reduced. Check out the wooden necklaces here, always chic.
Scanlan and Theodore:
Not alot on sale yet. Buy the divine black coats with amazing big ruched collars $800; the cute red crochet mini dress $300; the fab wide black crepe de chine pants $300 and the black knit short sweater dress is $300. You want the cute red knit batwing sweater $300 and the divine black stripe skinny skivvie $130. There is a fab ruched collar belted jacket will look so chic with skinny black pants about $600. The red satin high neck short crop blouse is gorgeous $350 and so is the satin peacoat in black $680. Also check out all the fabulous dresses. If you are after navy it’s here from cute little knits for just $180 to dresses and jackets. Chic de la chic. The scoop neck sweater dress is a great buy with cute little pockets at the front, $380. Love, love the cream high neck blouse with covered buttons about $300 and the white lace mini dress about $400.Lisa Ho on sale: Check out the gorgeous short puff sleeve dresses in chiffon now $399 and the button through cotton dresses $199.The bell sleeve dress with ruffles down the front is gorgeous and now $299. Also check out the coats and the pretty cotton dresses too .
New in are the navy pinafore dresses $199 and the white cotton poets blouse also in navy $59. On sale check out the little crop black jackets, always good for next season and trans seasonal dressing now $125. The dresses here are chic and great for next season. Check out the short sleeve black loose seersucker dress now $200 and the dark grey check dress with a waist and a fuller skirt about $170. There is also fab high waisted trousers and skirts, all very YSL and perfect for next season.
A lot of great pieces on sale but it’s impossible to report on everything …check out the pieces not on sale such as fab long line, fine knit V neck cardigan with a thin grosgrain ribbon belt, very Marc Jacobs $199 and the beautiful cream chiffon shirt $179. Buy the flat front black or grey pants $199, always a great cut and the chic trench coats, so perfect for rain, hail or shine $399 .The dark denim jeans here are fab for $149 and so are the grey cable knit sweater dresses $199.
David Jones Handbags: Sale! You want the 30% off Ferragamo bags. Gorgeous. Check out the black simple clutch – no hardware!- about $1045. In Marc Jacobs bags on sale checkout the quilted Stam bags now about $1800; and a smaller one is now about $1100. The double strap quilted Stam bag with gold chain in tan is about $1500..Check out the chic black Armani black chic 2 handle bag now $1700. The Chloe Betty bag in brown is now $1600. Not on sale but gorgeous of course are the new clutch quilted version for about $2800In the Prada boutique there you want the nylon and black leather trim doctors style bag with over sized stitching now on sale for about $1300. Buy 2. There are cute little brown or cream zip oversized wallets which are almost clutch bags now just $270.The bright coloured stand up, shopping totes with 2 handles and a big Prada badge on the front are now about $700. Go for the orange, or green for fun. Also I see the black oversize clutch with a fringe strap. Oohh la la and some fabulous new bags.
David Jones Shoes on sale: It’s Huge ! check out the divine Jil Sander black satin heels with a huge black stone on toe now $400; The Jil Sander silver metallic pointy wedges, about $400 and the YSL silver and black patent strappy platforms about $500. Oh too many to mention. …New in are the Christian Louboutin patent dark pink sling back patents $900, and some fabulous gold ankle straps $950. Buy theT bar flesh pink patent heels, flat black patent ballets $735; and the beautiful patent cork heels $950. In Miu Miu buy the black patent peep toe heels sling backs $580, and the red patent heels $499. You want the bronzed metallic flats with a jeweled toe , also seen in Evelyn Miles $700 and the heeled T bar heels with jewels on the toe as well abut $700.In Sergio Rossi buy the black patent huge wedges platforms sling backs about $899 and also in a fab tan wedges with a cork wedge about $599. New season in Prada are the ballet flats in orange and pink , very Chanel $560 and the fringe choc brown sexy heels about $600. There are also some fab YSL heels and so much more…..
Salmon with a chilli and ginger Stir Fry …..inspired by Terry Durack-
A no brainer. It’s a Mid-week-what-will-I-cook-I-should-be-healthy-dinner. Easy Easy. Cook the vegetables and then roast the salmon and flake it on top just before serving. Sensational with rice or noodles.
You need ….for 4 x size 10, 2 x size 18 and 3 x hungry people
2 salmon fillets
5cm knob of ginger
2 green spring onions
1 long red chilli1 red or green capsicum depending on what colour you feel like today. Red is green this season, green next.
1 tabs peanut oil
2 or 3 garlic cloves
150 ml chicken stock
1 teasp sugar
2 tabs fish sauce
1 teasp corn flour
1 tabs shao Hsing rice wine
Coriander for accessorizing
Rice for eating
• Preheat oven to roast the salmon
• Pour a glass of wine.
• Take off the Manolos
• Sit down
• Put on music
• Get out knife and start chopping the garlic into slices, the chillie, and the spring onion into 3 cm slices.
• Then chop up the capsicum into chic little thin sticks : think models
• Slice ginger into match sticks too; think Jimmy Choo stiletto heel
• Pick off the leaves from coriander for accessorizing. This is boring. Delegate
• Pop the Salmon in the oven. No need for oil or anything, it oils itself. ..(it has built in Crème de la Mer.)
• Make sure the salmon (or what ever fish you are cooking) is nearly ready before you start cooking the stir fry. You know the stir fry takes no time at all and who wants soggy vegetables? Maybe Paris Hilton.
• Also perhaps it’s a good time to put on the rice so that it can sit there and have a little ponder while you do the vegetables
• Now mix up the stock, sugar and fish sauce in a cup so you can just toss it in quickly during the stir frying
• Mix the corn flour with the rice wine so you can toss that in later too.
• Heat the wok
• Throw in the oil
• Quick pour another glass of wine!
• Stir fry the ginger, chilli , capsicum, and half of the spring onions for about 2 minutes• Pour in the stock/sugar/fish sauce and let it summer for a couple of mins
• Stir in the cornflour/rice wine and stir so that it thickens a bit.
• Set aside while you take the salmon out and let it rest. But don’t let it go to sleep.
• Serve up the vegetables into bowls on top of the rice
• Flake the salmon top. Make sure you give your self a bit more while no-one is looking• Sprinkle over the coriander and the rest of the spring onions for chic green accessorizing a la Prada
• Sensational and so slimmingNow you can eat chocolate for dessert and have more wine.
Zodiac…Directed by David Fincher, director of SEVEN and FIGHT CLUB
Based on: An adaptation of the Robert Graysmith book
Genre: scary Hairy macleary Thriller
Subtitles: For the mumbles of American cops
Who: Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey,Mark Ruffalo, Chloe Sevigny Dermot Mulroney
The Plot: San Francisco 1960’s, 7o’s: Young couple are murdered. Killer sends notes to newspapers. Kills again randomly. City struck with fear. Everyone is scared. Especially me. Evil, mean and wicked Killer sends more notes to newspapers. Leaves Zodiac signs on the notes. Handsome Jake Gyllenghaal is a cartoonist on newspaper. Was a boy Scout. I believe that. Becomes obsessed with the murders. Someone calls handsome Jake breathing heavily. (Clue: it wasn’t me). Who is the killer? How could Jake’s wife leave HIM? A mystery . The end.
Acting: Jake is great, Robert Downey plays himself drunk and on drugs, Mark Ruffallo is his usual cop, Chloe Sevigney her usual bored self.
Photography: Interesting 70’s style
Design: Cool 70’s, kitsch interiors.
Wardrobe: Love the 60’s shifts, the 70’s groovy safari suits and the crazy check pants Salon de Beaute: Not a lot in a scary thriller about murders. Apply eye cream later.
Botox: bring it on. Then swallow Valium. All that frowning ages 10 years. Perhaps ditch the botox it’s so scary you are frozen anyway.
Waterproof Mascara: No crying or laughing…but apply lashings just for Jake.
Blood ’n’ Guts: Oh my lord. Close eyes.
Mind drifted to shopping: in the boring bits where men talk about statistics
Smokin’ smooches: I wish
Car chases: it’s a cop movie.
Rename It: Obsession
Movie Mistake: In the scene the morning after the taxi driver murder, the detectives were driving on a San Francisco street where a ‘bus lane only’ diamond was visible/painted on the street. These did not exist then. So there.
Best Review: “ David Fincher’s magnificently obsessive new film Zodiac is part police procedural, part monster movie, a funereal entertainment that is a testament to this cinematic savant’s gifts.” New York Times
Best Worst Review; “ This movie just goes on and on and on, with a marked lack of dramatic tension. Two hours forty minutes, but if you blink you miss the guy they blame for the killings.” tonymedley.com
See it or donate to the Prada Bag fund: Intelligent, mysterious and as stylish as a Prada bag. It makes your heart beat just as fast and gives you the same sweaty palms Why do we love Prada? It’s all just a mystery.