•“ I’m in showbiz. I look at my boobs like they’re show horses or show dogs. You’ve got to keep them groomed." Woof woof
•"she’s from an addictive personality genetically. And in that world, they give you things like candy. Hurt your ankle? ‘Let’s give her something.’ Lindsay had to fall and get up. I knew it was coming. I told her, but finally she was like, ‘Mommy, I had to do it myself.’ You can lead a horse to water. You can’t make him drink" You can take the show horse to water and they will drink..Hic! … Lindsays Lohan’s mum
•"I hated that nosejobby nose, it was like a little beak, now my nose is fixed it looks like the one god gave me so I’m happy not to have crazy lips and a crazy teensy unnatural little nose." Show dog
•"You owe it to your wife. I was there in the delivery room, I saw what happened. Anything she wants gets done. She’s like, ‘Change the diaper,’ and I’m like, ‘Absolutely, sorry about your vagina.’" Comic Adam Sandler can’t do enough for his wife after watching her give birth ….show horse
•"I always thought I’d be that girl that lives with no regrets, I have regrets. I’ve written so many amends letters, I can’t even count them. It’s still not enough. Drugs make you an a?hole.” Courtney Love is just sorry
• "I can’t control my drugs and gang-banging past. We let The Beatles into the US, so please let me in here." Snoop Dogg, who was refused a visa to tour the UK this week. Snoop time to start on your amends letters..(the Beatles had a gang banging past?)
• "When I have sex with my husband these days, I fantasize I am with someone like Keith Urban or a petite, hot young woman." Dolly Parton: too much information ( she still has sex with her husband?)
• "I thought she was beautiful. She had more hair, more colour, more everything." Dolly Parton says her first crush was on a Tennessee hooker. She is in love with herself .
• “As soon as we landed, we went straight to the Eiffel Tower, drank champagne at the top and just kissed and kissed. Then we went up to my suite and had tantric sex for at least 30 hours, ordering up whipped cream and strawberries while we were at it.” P. Diddy meet Dolly Parton. Show dog Show off
•“ I’m in showbiz. I look at my boobs like they’re show horses or show dogs. You’ve got to keep them groomed." Woof woof
I don’t know about you but with all the shopping I do I always seem to be living on the smell of an empty Chanel No.19 bottle. So this week I am thrilled to find some cute little cheap but chic ballets flats. With all important elastic sides, round toe and in simple but expensive looking leather they are all you need when want to be comfortable and chic. And at $500 cheaper than the original version at Chloe you can rush in and stock up at Chanel for enough perfume to live on for at least another week.
$129 Nine West Shelbi Black Ballet Flats.
Winter 2007 Sample Sale
What: Zimmermann from $60, Kate Sylvester from $60, Ginger & Smart from $100, Fleur Wood from $40, BIG by Fiona Scanlan from $20.Yeojin Bae from $80
Where: Level 2, 2-12 Foveaux Street Surry Hills NSW 2010 (02) 9211 2644
When: Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th April 2007 8:30am till 5:30pm
STRICTLY CASH ONLY
Reasons to cinch in your waist with a chic, thin brown leather belt this season:
• It gives you a waist
• It stops you eating (see above)
• Prada showed it that way
• It’s groovy (see above)
• It will stop you bending over to try on new shoes
• It will break up all your head to toe black
• It’s groovy
Find one at Prada, Veronica Maine, AG, Witchery or Just jeans and wear it twisted around and tucked in. Please.
Everyone swears by Crème de la Mer but at $500 a pot that’s a lot of swearing. We all know that negative swearing is so bad for the environment and contributes to climate change. This week you need some Care: Care by Stella McCartney, “a unique luxury line of certified organic skincare, formulated with 100 percent organic active ingredients and zero percent petrochemicals or silicones. Inspired by Stella’s personal philosophies, clear vegetarian principles, and commitment to help protect the environment.” Plus it works wonders on your skin even without electricity. Which means you will look fabulous in candlelight during Earthhour on Saturday night. Scientific tests have proved it.
• The Fondazione Prada will host an interactive film exhibit called "On Otto," about German artist Tobias Rehberger at during Milan’s design and furniture fair Salone Internazione del Mobile. "On Otto" attempts to construct a movie in reverse from the poster to the script enlisting a series of projections and some considerable talent like Kim Basinger, Willem Dafoe, Emmy Rossum, Justin Henry and Danny DeVito. More specifically, the actors play the part of spectators in a movie theater while the exhibit’s visitors become the protagonists of the film. Oscar-winning composer Ennio Morricone supplies the soundtrack. WWD
• Filmmakers trailed Marc Jacobs for six months for a documentary as he created his Vuitton and Jacobs collections, capturing funny banter with LVMH kingpin Bernard Arnault — who anoints Jacobs "a Ralph Lauren for the 21st century" — and with the likes of Demi Moore, caught rushing backstage to offer congratulations. "Look, famous people!" Jacobs yells, running to embrace Moore. The fast-paced 80-minute film reveals a stressed-out creation process fueled by cigarettes, protein bars and colorful macaroons. wwd
• One movie expected at Cannes Film Festival in May is already generating buzz in Paris. It’s Julian Schnabel’s "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," based on the acclaimed autobiography of the late Elle editor in chief, Jean-Dominique Bauby. Bauby suffered a stroke at age 43 that paralyzed his entire body save for his left eye, which he used to blink out his memoir. He died shortly after the book was published in 1997. WWD
• In London head to the ICA for The Last Days of the British Underground 1978 – 1988. http://www.ica.org.uk/The+Secret+Public+13096.twl
• Or check out the Living, Looking, Making Sculpture by Giacometti, Fontana, Twombly, SerraMarch 26 - May 19, 2007 at The Gagosian Gallery http://www.gagosian.com/
• Then head to the Monet exhibition at The Royal Academy http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/
• While you are in London stay here: http://haymarkethotel.com/
• Or at this Hotel http://www.sloanesquarehotel.co.uk/
• Or here at this wonderful old estate hotel in the Marquess of Bath’s magnificent Longleat Estate http://www.batharms.co.uk/
• Check out this lovely hotel in Koh Samui, http://www.designhotels.com/library. The Library helps preserve coastal heritage property, while impacting minimally on its ecology. Divided into 26 suite/studio cabins, the complex avoids the monolithic hotel-complex look, scattering discreet buildings in lush vegetation’
• See Colette Dinnigan’s house in the latest issue of US Elle Deco http://www.elledecor.com/
• Check out theses gorgeous cushions and fabrics from Rifat Ozbek in Turkey http://www.yastikistanbul.com/
• In New York head to MOMA Queens to see Fashioning Fiction in Photography since 1990 from April 16-June 28, 2004. The exhibition demonstrates how the cinema and the amateur or personal photograph inspired the invention of a new visual vocabulary in fashion photography. Fashioning Fiction presents about 100 photographs from 13 photographers including Philip-Lorca diCorcia, Glen Luchford, Craig McDean, Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, Juergen Teller, and Ellen von Unwerth
Need a beautifully designer baby papoose? The Lambini Papoose is the ultimate luxury for you and your baby. Chic!
Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).This doesn’t cost you a thing.
• Jude law and Lindsay Lohan has hooked up (now called LEWD)
• Demi and Ashton are pregnant but just not telling anyone yet.
• Jessica Simpson is still with John Mayer. I thought he had a brain (not using it).
• Allegra Versace is in treatment for anorexia. How could Dontatella have a daughter who is worried about her looks?
• Petra Nemcova and James Blunt are over.
• Paris Hilton has been found in violation of the terms of her probation and faces a maximum sentence of 90 days in jail. Surprise!. She will shave head soon.
• Anna Nicole Smith’s private thoughts written in two diaries have been sold for more than $500,000 to a German businessman who planned to sell the information to media outlets. ( So finally! We find out she could actually read and write…)
• Mary Kate Olsen was photographed smoking : (You’d think that nature-loving Elvin creatures would be smart enough to know that smoking is bad for one’s health. I think it’s time that the other forest creatures stage an intervention.reports pinkisthenewblog)• Britney was rushed to a Medical Center in LA in a black SUV and immediately people assumed the worst … it turned out that Brit was merely suffering from a toothache and she had to see an emergency dentist ( the old sore tooth ‘Give me DRUGS now!’ excuse)
• Breaking news: Jennifer garner and Ben Affleck went grocery shopping.
• We hear that hot young photographer Ryan McGinley has shot Pete Doherty and Kate Moss naked for W magazine’s June issue.
• Kid Rock is now going out with model May Anderson. Don’t overestimate the intelligence of models
• Paris Hilton has a new boytoy Josh Henderson.
• Burlesque striptease artist Dita Von Teese, who filed for divorce from rocker Marilyn Manson in December, isn’t ready to jump back into the dating scene. (Only nude into a champagne glass)
• Anna Nicole Smith died of "an accidental overdose with no other criminal element present”. Except her stylist? ( I’m surprised it took them over a month to figure this out. It took most people, what, twelve seconds to piece together the evidence? Rain Man could’ve solved this case faster….reports thesupercicial)
On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
‘it centers on the anxious wedding dinner of Edward Mayhew and Florence Ponting, in the summer of 1963. The looming dramatic crisis is the marriage’s impending consummation, or lack of it. Edward is a rough-hewn but sweet student of history, Florence, a female Oxford philosophy professor, is intense but warm. Their fears about sex and their inability to discuss them form the story’s center. Ian McEwan’s flawless omniscient narration has a curious (and not unpleasantly condescending) fable-like quality, as if an older self were simultaneously disavowing and affirming a younger.The story itself isn’t arresting, but the narrator’s journey through it is…’
$14 http://www.amazon.com/Publisher: Knopf Canada (April 3, 2007)
The Christmas List
Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel by Eric Boman (Author), Iris Apfel
‘Captures the unique style of fashion maverick Iris Apfel and her exuberantly idiosyncratic personal chic. Now in her mid-eighties, she is a unique style icon. Eric Boman shoots Apfel’s extraordinary outfits on wittily posed mannequins, some sporting her trademark outsized spectacles. The originality of her style is typically revealed in her mixing of Dior haute couture with flea-market finds, Dolce & Gabbana lizard trousers with nineteenth-century ecclesiastical vestments, pink Lanvin worn with ropes of Navajo turquoise.” chic.
$30 http://www.amazon.com Publisher: Thames & Hudson (March 9,2007)
Best buys are the short trapeze grey cardigan about $59; the black short sleeve V neck top $59; the cute geometric print dress with shoestring straps wear now $99 and the black cotton satine short sleeve fitted jacket $99. Also buy the black 60’s style Jackie O shift dress with a simple white stitching $99.
I see that the has done a huge Birkin bag in a dark faux brown suede for a bit of fun at about $149 …hilarious but rather cute http://www.peteralexander.com.au
Lots of good buys this week; Check out the chunky knit cape, a but poncho $109 with a belt; the cute little short cuffed grey flannel shorts $129; and the nice red wool melton coat with a hood $299 (it’s double breasted and peacoat ish). It also comes in black and in a gorgeous dark grey. There is a chic asymmetrical button jacket in a grey $199. Check out the silky silver grey anorak as reported for $129 it has a thin flannel lining so it will add a little warmth. If it ever gets cold. The strapless grey dress with a slight balloon skirt is so Prada and so fabulous; you wear it over a white T or over a black long sleeve T knit. Yes, the strapless dress goes over the top. Don’t ask me why but Prada did it that way and suddenly it looks so cool $160. It’s a great buy because it’s totally trans seasonal; wear it now, wear it in winter, wear it out to dinner or to the office. Wear it with a belt perhaps a brown leather one a la Prada or go for one in black patent . The grey V neck sweater dress is great $129. I see a parka with a fur trim hood $199 in black or grey that actually are for the wearing out in the country darling. To keep you warm as apposed to a fashion item. But you know how to wear that. In bags go for the tan two handle bags for about $269 , and the other one that is cute is the black Chloe Silverado style bag with studs for about $249. I see that scary bright royal blue in the accessories but go for the blue patent flats and you might be OK $149. The skinny black jeans look cool for about $100.
Best buy is the black 60’s Jackie O shift dress , almost a tunic, A line and a shorter length with cute cap sleeves and front pockets $129; it will great with flats or with a chunky heel and of course black opaque hosiery. It’s the perfect little chic dress and it is featured under the trench coat in the Whatswhat catalogue (Look out for it in the next Westfield TV ad under a Country Road stone trench!) Also check out the cute black tweed short coat $199; the cute little sweater dress which as a rib bodice which means it is a bit more flattering than the total voluminous look $99 and the cool grey cuffed pants $79. Good for work. You need grey pants this season; they look so chic with soft pastel blouses a la Marni and a cream belt courtesy of Country Road. Then throw on the crop black jacket and you have a chic look and have broken up the top to toe black. Add flats and you may even be able to shop or work for hours on end. Bliss. Buy the cute Missoni style silver or gold lurex sweater mini dress for about $79: they look great over the skinny black pant this season. Also buy the cute thin metallic belts here for about $19.Now that’s cheap but chic non? Also pick up cute metallic clutch bags about $29 or some such ridiculous price Also the jewellery isn’t so great this season; I see too many bright colours in plastic. I want to see all the Marni Miu miu style necklaces in here please.
Love the print dress in chiffon that I presume is only available in Myer; it’s gorgeous! With a straight loose shaper and long ruffle edge sleeves and a cute ruffle hem it’s a must buy. t comes in a pretty soft browns and blues and is perfect to buy now and wear now…it will look great in winter under a coat too about $299. The simple black shift dress with bell sleeves is a must buy for all those who want to do the minimal look $199; the grey Balenciaga inspired bell shape dress with wide straps is fabulous $299 ish and the corset grey camisole tops with pleating on the straps $259 is chic. Buy the black sheer chiffon blouse with a window pane check through it and a gorgeous cuffed sleeves $185 (or was it $85?) Plus much more. Love the patent bags in here too.
There is still a lot of Stella McCartney apparently left in some stores: Definitely in Bondi Junction but my fashion spies in Melbourne and Adelaide say there are still pieces left there as well. Best buys are the jeans; a great slimmer leg cut that works very flatteringly on not so slim legs and the denim is a fab dark colour too. Although they are slightly too hipster I think they look great for about $100. Also buy the dark grey classic pants, a great Stella cut and in a fabulous fabric and colour for $109. Outrageous! Also buy the grey zip up knit cardigan /dress $119. The parka trench is great too. Also I see some fab short crop peacoats; great buys for about $79 and how about the cute navy and black trapeze satin dresses, so Lanvin for under $50. Plus buy the red print Marni ish tunic mini dress ( I featured it on Sunrise!) for $39. Italian Vogue costs more than that! Don’t be shy about wearing target just cut the label out and say it’s vintage….
Basque has done some cute tunic tops with puff sleeves in black with pleating down the front $79;a crop black cape top $149; and the black animal print trench in black nicer than brown; so much chicer but it’s a bit ¾ length $179. Also I spy a chic white poets blouse in white $139 and some cute grey sweater dress by a label Plenty $89.
Arthur Gallan: Love his collection! There are so many fabulous pieces to buy here; Check out the red burgundy velvet buttonthrough skirt $249; the simple but very chic long sleeve fine knit T’s with buttons along the shoulder in grey or burgundy are perfect to wear now $99 and so the cute fine knit cape almost poncho top $159. Please buy the black gabardine wrap balloon skirt with the prada esque wide leather belt attached $259. Buy the suede grey cape and the cute black and red mohair jackets and the strapless belted dresses.
Love the grey bomber jacket here in a crinkle wrinkle fabric ( almost needs botox ) and it has a black rib trim and a cute drawstring ribbon belt. This will be great over a black pencil skirt or skinny black pants or over a pretty dress. It’s a groovy alternative to a more structured jacket this season. The dark denim jeans are a great cut $179; the grey jersey button through skirt is gorgeous and so is the grey wool melton trapeze crop jacket. the knits are great here too.
Max and Co:
I wish it was cold. Boo hooo. Maybe if I stand in front of my fridge door with my peacoat on I can wear it. But no that’s an eco no no and bad for the climate. Damn. Best buys here are of course the black or grey wool melton peacoat $460; the black crinkle shimmer pleat front skirt $360 ; the pretty floral print tops perfect under jacket $230; and the Prince of Wales trousersuits is a little over the top but it could be rather chic ; the jacket is $495 and the trousers are $280. The asymmetrical grey and black stripe long sleeve T is a fabulous buy $170; and the gorgeous short cream almost beige wool almost bomber jacket is the go $595.
Kate Sylvester : has an amazing blouse with the tiny pleats and drapes from the round neckline lovely $420 and a Grecian style dress with the same pleating, very voluminous but you can belt it in $599. head to Anna Thomas for a cute little black short trench with a ribbon you can take off $379 and cute spot shirt dresses in silk $379 in blues. Karen Walker has a fab black military coat with gold buttons $949 double breasted gorgeous , and a buckle front tunic top in a royal blue $550 and a pink light knit T with puff sleeves top $149. Camilla and marc have a chic peacoat is here about $500 which has the gold buttons and very YSL. Feathers: has done an anorak in a wrinkle fabric not bad at all for $579…mmm a bit expensive for that label but its very Prada! Bless Carla Zampatti: I love the Lanvin/Burberry style crop jacket with a round neck and puff sleeve here in a sparkle larkle black flecked fabric. In D&G check out the chic stripe knit top in rusts and browns $590; and the brown front ruffle top $390.
Myer: CNC costume National : check out the divine grey velvet blazer $880 and the trench in a brown that’s chic de la chic $1320 and the grey long cardigan $510. In See by Chloe I see the cute little crop military jacket $820 with 4 buttons ; fabulous cool grey pants, always great $460 and a navy and black stripe knit sweater with smaller stripe on the sleeves, gorgeous for $640. The sweater is also in a red and black. Buy the see by Chloe T shirt with the logo on the front if you like that sort of thing $179. Philosophy Alberta Ferretti: the black or grey embroidered chiffon blouses are all gorgeous of course $$ and the chiffon black wrap dress is divine $1050 ; and then buy autumn leaf wrap chiffon dress $1300. Peter Som: love the beautiful pussy bow chiffon white blouse with black scribble ( Peter Som) all over it $1150; the knit knit grey dress $1500 and bell sleeve knit about $1000. Victor & Rolf : Love the beautiful black pussy bow blouses $750 and simple shift dress in black $1100. Stella McCartney: buy the oatmeal sweater dress $1000 and a grey cardigan wrap cardigan $1390 belted , and then the blue and choc brown chiffon loose chiffon belted dress $1600. Maison Martin Margela; please buy the black wool melton peacoat with press studs divine $710 and the nylon anorak Puffa $820 and fab skinny black pants $410. Love the burgundy back less cape $250. Fabulous In the Myer bag department: Check out the Desmo bags; they are great prices for designer bags around $1000..The Mulberry bags are Ok but a bit for Boho at $1800. We are so over Boho. Also check out the Anya Hindmarsh bags: the tan bag is cute $1499, very structured and a little small but lady like and chic . Also check out the big square cream tote $1800. There are some Cacherel bags worth checking out . Love the Kenneth Cole black oversized bag with silver hardware, not bad at all for $589. Also comes in a concrete cream colour and a yukky tan colour. Yukky. it’s true.
Bally….Love the black patent quilted open top tote $1600; the gold wedges and the brown slouch bags about $1400.
Cosmo Shoes….Head here for new and faaaabulous Balenciaga, Jimmy choo bags…. it’s bag heaven!
Burberry…. Head straight here; the hot new black patent bags have just arrived…
Prada…The Mothership has landed and the new season collection is all here; buy all the black and the satin jewel coloured skirts and tops ..Please linger here to drool then start buying when your black amex starts screaming to be released from your Birkin.
More details and shopping in Prada after Easter… The FiFi Report is next out on Friday 13th April….Happy Easter !
Warm Chickpea and Chorizo Salad
How much do we love chickpeas? You open the can. Dinner is ready. This is the perfect little je ne sais quoi to whip up in five minutes after a hard day’s shopping. So easy you can make this while weaing the Creme de la Mer eye mask. Everything you need should all be in your fridge..
You need for 2 x size 12s who are hungry or for 6 models
2 cans chickpeas
About 200ml olive oil
2 to 3 red chillies finely sliced or a teasp of dried red chillie
1 to 2 cloves garlic ..or more depending on who you are kissing
1 chorizo sausage.
150ml white wine vinegar
1 cup each of coriander, parsley, mint and spring onion
1 cup fetta
12 or more cherry tomatoes
sel et poivre
• Pour a wine
• Open cupboard
• Find chickpeas and dried chilli
• Turn on the news
• Pour more wine
• Turn off the news
• Slice up tomatoes into the size of cute Marc Jacobs studs
• Slice up garlics
• Slice up spring onion as small as the zip on the Prada Parka
• Chop up chorizo…ignore (the fat as you do with your thighs)
• Pull at the parsley, coriander and mint leaves till you have had enough. This is boring so delegate.
• Grab non designer Olive oil and heat it up, preferably in a frypan.
• Cook garlic, spring onion and chillie for about 5 minutes
• Smells great.
• Throw in chickpeas
• Add cherry tomatoes and the Chorizo
• Drizzle in the vinegar and wait tills it’s evaporated
• Accessorise with the touch of green fresh herbs and classic stark white fetta.
Bobby..written and directed by Emilio Estevez
Based on: The assignation of Bobby kennedy
Who: Everyone…Anthony Hopkins, Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, Elijah Wood, Harry Belafonte, Emilio Estevez, Laurence Fishburne, Heather Graham, Helen Hunt, Ashton Kutcher, William H. Macy., Lindsay Lohan , Martin Sheen, Christian Slater, Joy BryantThe Plot: June 4th, 1969, Ambassador Hotel in LA. Black chef Laurence Fishburne runs kitchen staffed by Mexicans. Racist manager Christian Slater is sacked by William H. Macy. William cheats on wife (Sharon Stone) sleeping with Heather Graham. (Macy two-timing Stone with Graham? It really was a different time). Lindsay Lohan marries Hobbit to save him from Vietnam. Two nerdy campaigners take LSD with hippie drug dealer Ashton Kutcher. ( who thinks he is still on Punked). Demi Moore is a famous singer with big hair. Anthony Hopkins chats about nothing because he is the executive producer. Helen Hunt and Martin Sheen are not even sure why they are there. All gather in the kitchen and witness the assasination of Kennedy The end.
Acting: All great but Ashton. Please give up acting
Photography: Fantastic and blends seamlessly with real footage but it’s “One of the most unflatteringly photographed movies I’ve seen in years. A scene between Sharon Stone and Demi Moore comes off more like a bad-facelift pageant, and Lindsay Lohan doesn’t look a day over 40.” Philadelphia Weekly
Design: Love the 60’s hotel furniture: the chairs! The lamps! The wallpaper! Wardrobe: it’s so 60’s with short shift dresses, A-line skirts, ballet flats, very spring summer 06. Men wear thin ties and groovy suits, very Hedi Slimane at Dior
Salon de Beaute: Love the Versace style big hair, the black eyeliner, the long nails. ..think Jessica Simpson before John Mayer.
Botox: Sharon Stone; yes a little. Helen Hunt; yes but not in the right places. Lindsay Lohan: yes or was it just her acting? Demi Moore; yes, total face injection.
Waterproof Mascara:.Two applications : you know it’s going to be a sad ending.
Blood ’n’ Guts: A shooting of a Kennedy requires blood. Not a lot.
Moral to the story:He saw wrong and tried to right it. He saw suffering and tried to heal it. He saw war and tried to stop it.
Mind drifted to shopping:” Bobby feels like a ’70s disaster flick, with the disaster in the final minutes. While waiting, viewers must content themselves with playing spot-the-star.”
Smokin’ smooches: smooches.
Car chases: Nil
Rename It: The Dead Kennedys
Movie Mistake #1.William’s sideburns manage to grow from zero to really hairy in the 15 hours that the movie takes place.
Best Review; “ Brilliantly directed, superbly written and beautifully acted drama with an ensemble cast that would make even Robert Altman jealous.” ViewLondon
Best Worst Reviews: “In the movie business, there’s no such thing as ‘truth in titling.’ If there was, Bobby would be called A Bunch of Boring, No-Name, Cookie-Cutter Characters.” ReelViews ( This is more about killing time, than killing Kennedy.)
See it or donate to the Prada Bag fund?: Seamless blend of current footage and retro footage make for great film making. A film with heart and soul it’s a modern interpretation of a vintage look; how very Prada.