• ‘I’ve got a spare leg’ – Heather Mills on Dancing with Stars. Hope she wears it (hopping mad)
• "He’s the father of my child, and I’ll always have strong feelings for him." Heather Mills …Strong hateful feelings
• "I don’t follow the media. All I do is, my lawyer calls up and says, ‘This is wrong, should we sue, sue, sue?’ We’ve got six libel cases now. So we sue them, we get a lot of money." Heather Mills talks to the media about not following the media (so hopping mad she is suing).
• “I could get into bed with James Bond, then take my false leg off and it would really be a gun” . Heather Mills….smoking gun?Just shoot her.
• "British boys can be a bit wimpy and a bit girly. I don’t want a guy who spends more time on his hair than I do." Kelly Osbourne ( And she is always having a bad hair day).
• "They go on long walks in the country so they can clear their heads, and often Kate has an idea or comes up with a line and they scribble it down." Says a friend of Kate Moss and Pete..(she comes up with a line of….??? to clear their heads of…? )
• “The hopes and dreams of the third in line to the British throne were dashed last month, when Prince Harry was cleared to fight in Iraq. The 22-year-old cornet had been keen to be posted in the region to "smoke some hash with the Arabs and chill out for a while". But Harry received a double blow when he learned not only that he would actually be required to patrol the Iranian border, but that Baghdad’s famous "Green Zone" bore no resemblance whatsoever to Amsterdam’s” The Chaser
• “They shove it in your face when you walk out of the club (for an autograph), then sell it on eBay. So I wrote ‘f**k you, f**k you, f**k you,’ all over mine. Then I spit on them. And they love it!’” Avril Lavigne has a lot of style.
• "It’s a curvation nation, baby … I don’t feel quite so alone anymore." Queen Latifah is not alone in the obesity epidemic.
• "I’d get really, really large breasts, really big knockers, and then I’d wear, like, one of those little triangle bikinis and then go to the beach all the time." Sandra Bullock on her surgery “dreams”. She wants to be Queen?
• "He makes this stuff up. He goes, ‘Paula, I know you want me,’ and I go, ‘Like a cold sore.’” Paula Abdul about Simon Cowell
• "I wasn’t gonna go but I had been leant this beautiful couture Jean Paul Gaultier dress and so I sort of ran from puking in the toilet to the party to pose and then ran back to the toilet." Kerry Washington is not Bulimic: it was food poisoning on Oscar night. …
• ‘I’ve got a spare leg’ – Heather Mills on Dancing with Stars. Hope she wears it (hopping mad)
Ripping a page from the tabloids’ playbook, Harper’s Bazaar will have Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie (who clearly have kissed and made up after their much-documented falling out) on its June cover. A source close to Hilton said the photo shoot took place a few weeks ago in California reports WWD.
In London? Head here to the fabulous new restaurant http://www.tomskitchen.co.uk/
The hilarious Book ‘How to Lose Friends & Alienate People’ by Toby Young about his hilarious time working at Vanity Fair in New York will now be into a film.
Harvey Weinstein is the new owner of Halston and he’s already mentioned making a documentary of the American legend’s life. Stylist Rachel Zoe will sit on the Halston advisory board along with Tamara Mellon and act as a creative consultant for the brand.
Scarlett Johansson will do an encore for Louis Vuitton in the forthcoming fall-winter spots. Word has it the ads will be shot next week in Los Angeles by Vuitton regulars Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. Meanwhile, a select audience in Paris will next week get a first look at a fly-on-the-wall documentary about Vuitton’s creative director, Marc Jacobs. "We’re all pleased with the results," said Dominique Miceli who, along with Loic Prigent, spent a year filming the designer’s work habits reports WWD.
Sarah Jessica Parker is launching her own fashion line.
Marc Jacobs is in Rehab ( Maybe he can do a makeover on Britney?)Someone please stay here…http://jkcapri.com/
Head here for a holiday in Mustique http://cottonhouse.net/
In Sienna you must stay here http://www.labagnaia.it/. I insist.
Need help shopping in Florence? http://www.personalshopperflorence.com/In Buenos Aires this is a cute place to stay http://www.1551palermo.com/How gorgeous in Barcelona!http://www.hotelartsbarcelona.com/
Need a fabulous place to stay in Italy or France? http://thevillabook.com
In New York go to the Henri Cartier Bresson exhibition http://www.icp.org
In London head to the V&A to see the exhibition ‘Surreal Things: Surrealism and design’http://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/future_exhibs/surreal_things/index.html Download US Vogue podcasts http://www.shopvogue.com/PodCasts.aspx
What a fabulous idea! 82ASK is a text question answering service based in the UK with 150 textperts. If you are suddenly lost in Moscow or stuck in Spain and need to know the best hotel or restaurant then simply send a text to Text 82Ask and you will receive a SMS text-answer straight back ( for 1 UK Pound). “We are a team of customer-led innovators who provide expert answers to every question, on demand and on the go…
‘At 7.30pm on 31 March 2007, we are inviting Sydneysiders - businesses and individuals - to turn off their lights for just one hour, Earth Hour, as a sign of their commitment to reduce global warming..Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney’s greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007. The event will demonstrate how simple actions can make the world of difference if everyone takes part. And it sends a powerful message that we care about the future of the planet.’
• Tori Spelling lost a large portion of her baby weight when she finally gave birth to her first child, a boy named Liam Aaron.
• Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are still scary as hell.
• Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen showed up to Paris Fashion Week a couple weeks ago looking like the Children of the Corn. Are they even trying to look like people anymore? I know Parisians take their fashion seriously, so I’m a little surprised nobody took them out back and beat them to death with croissants. Thesuperficial
• Snoop Dogg arrested for drug use. What? Snoop Dog? Drugs? Shocking
• Paris Hilton was spotted leaving for Area nightclub in Hollywood looking like she finally hit puberty. She looks like she stuffed her bra with beach towels instead of tissues says thesuperficial
• Salma Hayek is engaged to businessman Francois-Henri Pinault and she’s also pregnant. The news came after photos of Hayek showed up and people started speculating. Although it doesn’t take a master detective to deduce she was pregnant. Either it was a pregnany or she was training to become the newest addition to Sea World’s Whale exhibit.
• The Anna Nicole Smith death investigation won’t … er, die …says pink
• Oh dear …http://www.britneyspears.com/
• Model Karen Elson is reportedly expecting her second baby with White Stripes’ Jack White.
• Lindsay Lohan and Jude Law are secretly dating ..ssshh don’t tell anyone• Angelina Jolie arrives in Vietnam to pick up a little something to add to her collection. Like a new pair of shoes. She has officially adopted a 3-year-old Vietnamese boy.
• Has Britney Spears found a new love in rehab? That’s really going to last. They have a lot in common.
• Is Demi Moore hiding a bump?
• Lance Armstrong has been getting cozy with fashion designer Tory Burch…Armstrong contacted her after reading her profile in Vanity Fair.
• Halle Berry ate pan-seared salmon with lemon sauce. This is called news. • Evangeline Lilly almost lost her bikini bottom while attempting to surf. This is also called news.
• Mandy Moore and DJ AM are over.
• Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar are Wed – Again and Again and Again• Are Kate Moss and Pete married?
• Jessica Rowe is still suffering morning sickness as well as causing it….thechaser
• Dan Brown asks plagiarism accusers if they’ve got any ideas for a sequel….thechaser
• Bin Laden will release a new video just in time for Cannes … The chaser
Red Princess (Hardcover) by Sofka Zinovieff
If you love a biography this one is for you …..” Sofka Zinovieff’s grandmother was a White Russian aristocrat Princess Sophy Dolgorouky born in 1907. Hers was one of the great old Russian families, and her parents’ wedding was among the most brilliant of the season - long, slim engines crunching up to the Winter Palace with bat-wing canopies sheltering bejewelled beauties swaddled in furs. But the couple divorced when Sofka’s father ran off with a famous Gypsy singer, whom he subsequently married. Come the revolution, little Sofka fled with her grandmother and her grandmother’s friend, the dowager empress arriving in London aged 11. Sophy’s mother had remarried a homosexual prince, and when he was imprisoned in Russia, Sophy sneaked back to the motherland with a small bag containing a torch, a lethal dose of morphine and a bottle of Guerlain scent. Her husband got out, and in 1921 the couple fled to Estonia’… but wait there’s more ….
http://www.amazon.com Publisher: Granta Books (February 5, 2007)
The Christmas List
The Thyssen Art Macabre (Hardcover) by David Litchfield
This book had rave reviews in Tatler and it sounds absolutely fascinating. It follows the Thyssen family from great 19th century industrial wealth to notoriety in the 21st century. At the end of his life in 2002 Billionaire Heini Thysssen claimed the largest private art collection in the world, had married five times and purchased an island in the Caribbean, a country estate in Gloucestershire, a town house in London , a duplex in New York, holiday home in Marbella, a private jet and a yacht the size of an ocean liner. And there lies an outrageous life of tax evasion, alcohol and drug abuse, infidelity, promiscuity, theft, and suicide. the family has also battled over the sale of the art collection to Spain for $600,000,000. Litchfield portrays the Thyssen family as a tribe without taste, morals or manners. That said, reading about such persons can be hugely entertaining, and this book often is, rather like watching Celebrity Big Brother at its very worst.’… Fantastic!
$37 http://www.amazon.com/ Publisher: Quartet Books (July 5, 2006)
Please don’t cry. The shopping here this week is short and sweet because FiFi has been travelling Australia talking fashion (instead of shopping it!)
But stay tuned: Next week you will have FiFi’s top ten buys for winter and where to get them….
I will say it once and I will say it again: Buy those parkas in grey or black; then buy the dark denim skinny jeans $129; the classic side pocket chinos/cotton trousers in grey $109; and the crop trapeze jacket, very 50’s Balenciaga style in black or grey $189. The black patent flats are very comfortable. I should know. The sweater dresses in grey with a poloneck are fabulous.
Still looks great here: Best buys are the candy pink and white print poets shirts with drawstring neck is groovy $79; the ribbed cardigan in cream with a belt and long line $89 and a grey marle long A line dress which wraps and ties with big batwing sleeves $89 and the the Marni style print trapeze cotton dress in blues and greys $89. Buy the bomber jacket in a military style $159, it’s cool and so is long grey cardigan coat.
of course as you have seen on the Whatswhat TV the skinny trouser suit here is chic de la chic! Also I just love the shift tunic dresses. Go for A line, knee length, long sleeve, jersey dress with round neck $199 and the cute looser style cap sleeve dress with a big black button at the cleavage $159. Very Jackie O. The pretty soft blouses in soft pinks and blues will look great with all the grey and black this season but lighten it up with a white belt. The high waisted trousers are great and so are the short empire tops with a square neckline for about $149. You want all the patent bags and belts.
Buy the very Helmut Langesque black T bar ankle strap heels $149; the cute round toe loafers with the big buckle in metallic cream $129; the long black patent black boots $300; and I love the flat boots with a round toe and a cuff. I still love the round suede and patent platforms $129; in black or grey and the square toe very 60’s slingbacks with a big brass buckle a la Roger Vivier $139. As reported the heel is not too high.
Best buys here are really the trench coats for about $119; and the brown leather jacket for about $600. Also buy the long grey hoodie almost a dress and the chinos.$89.
Max and Co:
Best winter buys? It’s all here! You want The grey knit hoodie is chic $290 with spots in the hood; a belted wool melton DB coat with epaulettes $750; a short sleeve satin black blouse with side tie $195; and the short fur chubby $620 in black. Buy the black cashmere zip front knit $450; a fab grey chunky knit high neck sweater $230; and the black DB peacoat about $460.
The short sleeve knit here are cut with a short puff sleeve $$ and of course all the knits with a V neck and short fluted short sleeves. Buy the classic grey trousers; the white shirts and the fab print grey and black abstract print empire top. Buy up on the scarves and all the horn necklaces. Go for the stone or black trench if you can find it and the fabulous tall tan tote for $199.
There are lots of groovy pieces this season and the dresses look great…Love the pretty sleeveless smock empire dress in a st dot print in pretty blues and greys $435; the black, chic de la chic sleeveless sweater dress with a deep V neck and cut off sleeves $245, slimming ! and the the satin grey trench with puff shoulders is cool $585. The light wool empire T ‘s $150 are great and so are the drape T’s with elastic hem $195. There is a black silk loose voluminous mini dress with a black cotton rib trim on the hem and neckline and I know will look great with jeans or a skirt.
Here’s a a run down on the winter shows from Style.com..’If Fall is about the street mix—the eclectic way in which young women blend sporty and chic, naturals and synthetics, and different cultures all in one outfit—it’s also about a new refinement and purity of shape: the minimalist suit; the perfect party dress; and the big, statement-making coat.
Stefano Pilati said goodbye to flowers and frills, focusing instead with razor-sharp precision on new cocooning volumes and captivating textures like sheared furs, stamped leathers, and innovative crocodile-look silks. It all added up to his most confident work yet for the storied house.
Consuelo Castiglioni keeps pushing her playfully eclectic look in new directions, this season adding a bit of futurism (PVC) and old-school chic (fur) to the sporty-arty mix.
After researching Jeanne Lanvin’s 1930’s sketches, Alber Elbaz reimagined sleeves—full at the shoulder and tapering to the wrist. Other innovations? Dresses spiraled around the body from a single piece of fabric, and furs were cleverly constructed to separate into vest, scarves, and undercoats.Nina Ricci
The label is now Nina Ricci, not Rochas, but Olivier Theyskens’ designs were romantic as ever. In addition to twisting statement gowns (based on the curving bottle of L’Air du Temps), there were sharply cut suits, blouson jackets, and add-your-name-to- the-waiting-list gray jeans.
Warm Summer Mangoes and Berries…inspired by Donna Hay
So many gorgeous summer fruits! This is a veritable Missoni print of colours. A perfect little recipe for those days when you went overboard at the markets and came home with boxes instead bags of mangoes…
You need for 20 models, or 6 hungry fashion editors or 4 dags
2 or 3 mangoes
125g blackberries or any other red fruit
1 Tiffany cuff size of lemon peel
1 Rolex watch size of orange peel
1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla essense
1 cup caster sugar
vanilla ice-cream to serve if you can cope with the calories
•Cut up and dice the mangoes into chic wedges ; think the Miu Miu wedge but smaller and no peep toe
•Half the pretty apricots into 2 (* fashionistas need to know that half = two)
•Grab the blackberries. They have zero calories so sneak one or two. This does not mean eat the whole punnet. Think of those free radicals ( No, not Comme de Garcons, the Cancer fighting ones)
•Slice up a big chunky Tiffany cuff size chunk of orange and of lemon peel •Grab a Vanilla bean bean and split it.
•Now pull out a frying pan that is deep enough to handle all the fruit.
•Heat up the frying pan for a minute or so over low heat. No moisturizing oil or anything please. ( scary I know).
•Add the mangoes, apricots, blackberries, lemon peel, orange peel and vanilla.
•What a divine Mathew Williamson Pucci print sight!
•Sprinkle over the naughty sugar for that dash of summer white.
•Cover with a tight fitting lid to seal in the juices; think Crème de la Mer face mask.
•Simmer for 15 minutes or when you see that the mixture is a bit syrupy. Darling it’s not to be stewed. Anything but stewed fruit please.
•You want the sugar dissolved (then you can pretend it’s not there) and the fruit still slightly hard but a little floppy like your upper arms. •Accessorise with dollops of winter white icecream
Scoop ..Written and Directed by Woody Allen
Who: Mr. Woody Allen, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson, and Ian McShane.
The Plot: London 2006: All American college student volunteers to take part in a third rate show performed by magician Woody Allen. Puts her in a time machine. She meets ghost. He tells her of a murder. She investigates. Drags Woody Allen around London. Meets spunky English aristocrat. They fall in love, swan around London and his country estate. Woody Allen cracks funny jokes. Hugh Jackman looks spunky. Scarlett pretends she’s a dork. Woody Allen cracks more jokes. There are a few more murders. More jokes. Is the spunky Aristocrat the murderer? The end.
Acting: Woody plays Woody. Hugh Jackman is asleep and has an outrageously bad English accent. Scarlett tries to channel Woody Allen. “ One thing is for sure: Scarlett Johansson has never been worse. And yes, that means worse than The Island.” FilmStew.com
Design: Drool over those gorgeous English gardens, chic town houses, gorgeous modern art and Henry Moore sculptures.
Wardrobe: Scarlett wears daggy shorts, cardigans and dresses. She looks plain and I could even use that F word ( fat) to describe her. Hugh Jackman looks gorgeous in a suit and in the swimming pool ….
Salon de Beaute: Hugh Jackman has a bad hair dye job. Henna. Scarlett wears glasses and has boring hair….
Botox: Hugh has had it. He was expressionless through the whole movie. Woody should have it.
Waterproof Mascara: Lashings needed: My false eyelashes fell off laughing..
Best Line: “I used to be Jewish until I converted to Narcissism”
Blood’n’guts: Murders but no blood or violence. How nice.Mind drifted to shopping: Looking at the groovy shops in London.
Smokin’ smooches: we see Hugh Jackman lying in bed half naked. That’s hot.
Car chases: Thank the Lord the answer is No.
Rename It: London Murder Mystery.
Best Reviews; “ Scoop has something Match Point didn’t, something that none of Allen’s films have had to quite this degree in 10 years. It’s really, really funny.” San Francisco Chronicle.
Best Worst Reviews: “If Adam and Eve had been burdened with the same lack of chemistry between Scarlett Johansson and Hugh Jackman, the human race would have died” tonymedley.com.
See it or donate to the Prada Bag fund?: Gorgeous houses, gorgeous handsome man, funny jokes. That’s enough to make anyone smile. At $10 that’s $2690 cheaper than a Prada bag.